Alterna Bamboo smooth anti frizz

No Image

Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate , Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Lauramide MEA, PEG-150 Distearate, Silicone Quaternium-8, Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-55, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG-15 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-7, C11-15 Pareth-7, Quaternium-95, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Linalool, Laureth-9, Disodium EDTA, Propanediol, Laureth-2, Trideceth-12, Citronellol, Polysilicone-15, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Phospholipids, Methylisothiazolinone, Polyquaternium-10, Silanetriol Melaninate, Superoxide Dismutase, Limonene, Bromelain, Papain, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 4/6/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Did not improve frizz at all. I had high hopes since I love Alterna's Caviar line but it's so expensive, I thought I could alternate with this but it left my hair feeling very dry and frizzy.

on 11/14/2015 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Ugh. This shampoo does not preform anything like you'd expect based off the ingredient list. It feels no different than using a shampoo from the dollar store. Despite having so many awesome ingredients, Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz shampoo is super drying.

I would only use it as a clarifying shampoo in desperate times. Other than that, forget it. I even tried applying conditioner to my scalp and THEN using this, followed by conditioner again. The results were not worth the trouble.

Alterna has disappointed me as a brand. I don't mind paying the extra $$$ for good ingredients, but the performance of EVERYTHING I've tried so far has been mediocre at best.

This shampoo gets 2 lippies based on the ingredient list. The missing three are due to the actual quality of the product itself.

on 4/11/2012 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recieved in a swap so I cannot comment on price. This weighed my hair down more & made it dull/greasy then it did from my frizz. While using this shampoo, my hair seemed to always have some sort of coating to it. The bamboo shape of the bottle was cute, but the top is made where when you get to the end of the product, it is hard to have it come out.

on 11/29/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wonder how thick and dry the hair of the previous reviewers' is since this did absolutely NOTHING for mine. It simply doesn't moisturize and de-frizz my hair any better than a drugstore product even though it's 3x the price. It smells nice, and I like the twist-cap bottle, but the shampoo and conditioner themselves are overpriced and useless *for me*. If you have finer, thinner, normal hair this might be fine for you but it's definitely NOT for me.

on 8/19/2013 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I was expecting miracles out of this shampoo (and matching conditioner) based on the positive reviews here, but this is just a run-of-the-mill shampoo for me. I do love the scent but I didn't find it particularly good at combating frizz - in fact, my hair feels drier and the ends were tangled after shampooing. I think I'll stick to the kendi oil, which is fantastic for softening dry hair and has the same great scent.

on 2/13/2013 9:36:00 AM

It's definitely better than the cheap shampoos, it doesn't upset the ph balance of your hair (so I think). I still think it's too expensive though. The packaging is so bad. I had to keep it upright all the time, it leaked on furniture in a B&B and stained it. I don't know how to explain it but when you undo the lid, at the top of the bottle there are two little plastic things that stick up and it looks like the top of each are melted down. I don't know how but they seemed to have "burst" before I even took it home. Shampoo leaks from there. I had to buy another bottle by the time I realised and same thing happened. Poor packaging.

My hair was less frizzy but still frizzy enough to be embarrassed by going out without styling it properly.

For me it's not worth the price tag.
I use Moroccanoil shampoo and conditioners now and so much better (honestly).

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love the scent and that it is free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, and synthetic colour. I used this with the Alterna Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz Conditioner. They worked well for me, BUT I also use coconut oil on the ends of my hair with all conditioners and deep condition my hair once a week. It is not my favourite shampoo/conditioner because there are still way too many chemicals (the ingredient list is very long), it would be better without the synthetic fragrance, EDTA, and PEGs, among other things.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I received a sample of this and decided to pair it with my Agave Smoothing Conditioner. I combed my hair, added some John Frieda Frizz Ease & a small amount of TRESemme hairspray, and let it air dry. Usually when I let my hair air dry, it takes me a little extra maneuvering when getting ready, but I do this every so often so as to give my very long, wavy, moderately frizzy hair a break from heat damage! When I used this shampoo with the above mentioned, I did notice less frizz. The formula itself is a bit thick for a shampoo, but I kind of like this because it somehow made it seem rich & luxurious. The smell is nice, not overpowering. I'm not saying it's a miracle, but I'm definitely willing to purchase a full sized bottle and stick with this regimen on days when I allow my hair to air dry or in humid climates!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm so glad I found Alterna. I started with the Bamboo Shine S/C but still had some frizz issues. I use the Anti-Frizz shampoo and the Bamboo Shine conditioner and let my hair air dry. (Also, for reference, I use Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Hydrocream Whip to "scrunch" my waves. Love.)

I'm pretty sure I've found the winning combo for my hair. I tend to play with my hair during the day (which is a huge no-no for curlies!) But with this combo, I actually like the smooth waves I have on day 2 and 3.

Smell of the shampoo is great. I'm also very glad to support sustainable products that are mindful of their impact on earth.

The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because this shampoo is a little thick (so is the Alterna color shampoo) and a little tough to squeeze out of the bottle...but maybe I'm just weak in the morning! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love both the shampoo and the conditioner. Hair are really almost frizzy free after using these products even with no heat styling at all. Huge difference when using these compared to othe products. I dont think it;s so pricey compared to other alterna products or all other salon brands and it's definatelly worth the money. I love that is sulfate and paraben free. Also both products do really hydrate hair. I do find though they work much better when combined. Another user mentioned that alterna conditioners are not moisturising. I disagree. I find Alterna conditioners and treatments more hydrating than every other brand i have tried. My hair dont really like protein and i believe alterna doesn;t have protein in the bamboo line that's why ly hair likes it so much. I will try the shine shampoo and conditioner in the future. I would definatelly reccoment the smooth anti frizz.