Alterna Haircare Bamboo smooth anti frizz

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate , Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Wood Extract, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Oil, Shorea Stenoptera Seed Butter, Wasabia Japonica Root Extract, Lauramide MEA, PEG-150 Distearate, Silicone Quaternium-8, Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Panthenol, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-55, PEG-90 Glyceryl Isostearate, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG-15 Soyamine/IPDI Copolymer Dimer Dilinoleate, Sodium Benzoate, Polyquaternium-7, C11-15 Pareth-7, Quaternium-95, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydrogenated Castor Oil/Sebacic Acid Copolymer, Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Linalool, Laureth-9, Disodium EDTA, Propanediol, Laureth-2, Trideceth-12, Citronellol, Polysilicone-15, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Phospholipids, Methylisothiazolinone, Polyquaternium-10, Silanetriol Melaninate, Superoxide Dismutase, Limonene, Bromelain, Papain, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 2/13/2013 9:36:00 AM

It's definitely better than the cheap shampoos, it doesn't upset the ph balance of your hair (so I think). I still think it's too expensive though. The packaging is so bad. I had to keep it upright all the time, it leaked on furniture in a B&B and stained it. I don't know how to explain it but when you undo the lid, at the top of the bottle there are two little plastic things that stick up and it looks like the top of each are melted down. I don't know how but they seemed to have "burst" before I even took it home. Shampoo leaks from there. I had to buy another bottle by the time I realised and same thing happened. Poor packaging.

My hair was less frizzy but still frizzy enough to be embarrassed by going out without styling it properly.

For me it's not worth the price tag.
I use Moroccanoil shampoo and conditioners now and so much better (honestly).

I finally gave in to buying this shampoo, with the matching conditioner. I will start off by saying I do not like the smell of this shampoo at all. Something about the smell makes me nauseous, it's gross. The conditoner on the other hand, smells a lot better & I can tolerate it. Besides that, this shampoo felt very nice on my hair & it gently, but effectively cleaned my scalp & hair very well. I think this shampoo removed a lot of the build up from hair products. This has not dried my hair out so far, & this did leave my hair really smooth, with almost no frizz in sight. This did not eliminate 100% of the frizz, but it did make a lot of it less noticeable. This shampoo/conditioner is very expensive, especially for the amount you get. I have very thick, naturally curly hair....so I'll be done with this bottle in 3 weeks tops. Which, really doesn't justify the price of this. So overall, I'm not sure if I would buy this again. This did work well, but it wasn't anything amazing. Definitely not HG material. I still gave this a rating of 4 out of 5, because the product itself was pretty good. I just know I can find something that's just as good as this shampoo/conditioner, for way less that comes with a way higher amount of product.

on 3/6/2012 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Got this as a sample at Sephora and decided to give it a try. I really have no strong feelings on this shampoo one way or the other. It has quite a nice, inoffensive smell that I enjoyed greatly, and I like that it's sulfate-free. However, I didn't notice anything miraculous or even particularly notable. My hair is short (chin length) and was already fairly shiny and healthy, despite being colored. I suspect over time it would weigh my hair down slightly, but then again this isn't exactly formulated for my hair type, so not really anyone's fault.

I did like that it lathered easily and well (yay!) unlike some of the other sulfate-free shampoos I have tried, and seemed to leave my scalp feeling clean for the life of the sample (around 3 shampoos.) IMO, not quite enough time to really get a feel for it. It is important to note that, during that time, my hair and scalp felt clean, which is something I've lacked with other sulfate-frees.

The sample did its job and acted as a gateway to Alterna for me... I decided to try some of the other shampoo/conditioners and am hoping they will work out!

If this is something that you think will work for your hair type I'd definitely give it a whirl... not really for finer, naturally a bit limper (particularly on day 2) short fairly frizz-free hair.

on 8/4/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG shampoo, I've purchased it twice already and would totally do so for a third time. I was first attracted to it because I wanted to experiment with a sulfate-free shampoo. This product basically does what it says it will do, make your hair smooth and frizz free. I'd rather pay for a quality product rather than put chemicals in my hair from drugstore shampoos. No more brittleness and dry hair for me. And it doesn't even make my hair go greasy because its not stripping it and making it go into sebum overdrive. I'm very happy my hair dresser introduced me to this.

Popular Shampoos