3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I have the Revlon Colorstay foundation in the shade 150 Buff. And it’s for normal to dry skin as I have combination skin, but it’s a bit more towards the drier side than the oilier side. Well, I get oily in my T-zone but what I’m trying to say is that I’m really impressed by the foundation because when I’m applying it, it kind of sets itself! It’s not a completely matte finish, but it dries somehow. It doesn’t show any dry patches on my skin, it’s just melting beautifully together with my skin, and it’s not too dewy because dewy foundations do not really set themselves and are still moveable. With the Revlon foundation, I have enough time to blend it into the skin (love using a sponge for it), and it’s a fantastic foundation to build up layers. I would say it has medium coverage, but it won’t cover up major breakout marks, and this is where I love using the foundation to build! I don’t need a concealer (that’s how I usually would cover up my breakouts) but I can do it with this foundation, and the first layer won’t come off if you build it up! It’s also long lasting! I’m living in the tropics where it’s so hot and humid, and I have no problems with it during the day! – Of course, I set the foundation afterward as well and finish my makeup, but I love it!! LOVE IT! The shade range is quite lovely although I feel like with some shades the undertone might be a bit too strong which I would recommend testing it in the shop and walk around for a bit and have a look what it looks like in natural lighting. They do have the same foundation but for combination to oily skin which has more shades as well, but I haven’t tried that out. I’m so happy with this foundation that I’m using it everyday!!! https://youtu.be/rSQpI3tKHM8

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

Rating it on this page too as it is just so great. It lasts doesnt break out my extremely sensitive skin despite being cheap as long as I of course wash it off properly with oil n cleanser n gently no harsh scribbing (Guerlain Chanel MAC foundations all break me out n i have MULTIPLE types of foundations from these line esp Guerlain)... i can set with powder but the finish without looks so natural and good I dont need much n Dune is my perfect match. I can layer or use a separate concealer in certain areas. I feel securely ‘covered’ (as in, it has my baxk type of feeling) with it. I wear it with a corrector underneath under eyes n around mouth (MAQpro A1 palette) and any bronzer or blush buffed on top with ELF airbrush blending brush (which i prefer to my expensive MAC and Makeup forever brushes I tried side by sude n the ELF side always looked better i mention these things so ppl who are starting out know that cheap brands are often better or equal) It is just everything i cd ask for in a foundation

About reviewer (95 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

2 years ago

I'm reviewing the Colorstay Foundation for combination/oily skin. I bought this because I read that this lasts really good on oily skin and keeps you matte all day. However this was too matte for me. The coverage is quite nice for something so affordable. I bought this in 150 buff, which is a litte darker than 110 Maybelline Matte and Poreless. It did fit my skin tone, could have been a bit lighter. I also noticed that the color looks a bit grayish on me. I didn't really like the smell of this as is was kind of chemical. Not too bad but I didn't enjoy it either. The finish of this is really matte. I mean... really really matte. I did cling to my dry patches and overall did not look very flattering on me. I prefer something more skin like and glowy. With this I think you could really tell that I was wearing makeup. It tends to look a bit heavy and I think the combination of the slightly grayish color and the matte look made me look a bit unhealthy. It did stay on really well throughout my 8+ hours day at work, so that's a plus. Overall, I think this is a solid foundation, if you are very oily. Stay away from this if you have dry patches or if you prefere a dewy or glowy look. Pro's and Con's + covers well + affordable + keeps your skin looking matte + stays on all day - clings to dry patches - looks very matte (don't buy this if you like a dewy look!) - 150 Buff looks a bit grayish (at least on me)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

2.0

2 years ago

I have this in the normal/dry formula. The pump on the bottle is really nice, but, ehhh I don't love it... I think my closest match still leans a bit too pink for me. It also seems to have a "mind of its own", really does, I'm tellin ya... listen - sometimes I can get it to look reasonably natural and pretty with my beauty blender, and other times it looks cakey and flaky, without changing anything at all in my routine and always being sure to shake the bottle before use. I can't explain it. It also seems to do that thing foundations sometimes do where it'll cover everything except the things you actually want it to cover, and it can easily get cakey if you try to layer it on again - I don't think it's buildable at all. I don't think it likes powder either. Many times I've gotten this to apply pretty well, but then I dust some powder over it and game over, cakey again. It does stay on for a very long time though, doesn't irritate or dry out my skin and doesn't transfer. I just wish it didn't have such an attitude.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

2 years ago

This is basically the only foundation I use in my professional kit because it works for all skin types! It doesn't accentuate dry patches and it really lasts well - it still looks perfect after hours of sweating! I wouldn't recommend this for daily use though because it is so matte and so doesn't look 100% natural. It also hasn't broken any of my clients out and is good for sensitive skin.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3.0

2 years ago

This foundation is affordable, easy to find, and has great coverage. I got it in shade 150 for my pale olive skin. I'm rating it a 3 because it exacerbated the dryness in my skin. It made my chin look super flakey. It's possible I need to get the one for dry skin. The Colorstay I purchased is for combo/oily skin and has SPF 15. It didn't seem to cause flashback despite the SPF, which is awesome. If you have super oily skin, this might be HG good for you. I love the matte look and usually use Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet, which doesn't make the dryness in my face obvious the way the Colorstay does. The only time I try to use a different foundation is if I just had a laser treatment and am in extreme need of moisture. Back to Mat Velvet I go for now! Hopefully I find a cheaper version of it.

About reviewer (315 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

This foundation has been used by myself for many years although I use the British version I'm sure its the same formula. When first applying this foundation it glides on amazingly with a brush and beauty blender. I use the Smashbox primer oil underneath as my skin is fairly dry. Using and not using a base, powder or setting spray for this foundation in my opinion can make a big difference so I would definitely recommend wearing something under even if it's just a moisturizer as without it I find that it crease and look chalky very quickly. The coverage is amazing, colour matches my pale skin well and theres now a pump included in the packing which is super. The only thing I can fault is that it does crease quite quickly which can be a pain. Other than that for a first foundation or if you want to try something cheaper or new then go ahead!

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This has become my favourite foundation. It is less than half the cost of one Make Up Forever Mat + Velvet foundation and I find it to be lightweight yet full coverage. Though it isn't super mattifying for my oily skin, I still love how it wears. It is the best performing drug store brand and feels like a high quality product. The shade selection is very good. Other foundations melt off in humid weather, but this has staying power. I wear Medium Beige but can probably go to Nude in the Winter. Would definitely recommend the oily/combination one.

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3 years ago

This product has really good staying power. The coverage when i used half a pump is really good but considering i dont have scarring i cant tell whether its really full coverage. I have rather normal skin so I cant really tell if it lasts long on combination to oily skin. For reference I am a true olive/ olive beige with little to no yellow tones on my skin and im light skinned. I bought it in Sand Beige which is very neutral, when i swatched it on my wrist, I couldnt see any hint of yellow but its really ashy. However, this is the closest match to my skin so for those who has a light olive beige skin, i recommend you to try this. The reason why I removed one lippie is because the ingredients are really bad for the body. It does contain parabens and if you input the ingredients in Skindeep EWG, the risk level is moderate borderlining high, but if your skin likes it by all means use it (:

AgeUnder 18

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

This stuff is so great! I have the formula made for dry skin and this works really really well at covering and lasting all day. It has a pump now so no problems at all with the packaging. The shade 150 works well for my winter fair neutral skin. If you're even more fair than I, there are actually shades above this which is incredible - I'm always the lightest! I also love mixing this foundation with more glowy/luminous foundations to give them more coverage. This does not make my skin dry at all yet it lasts very well throughout the day (8+ hours).

About reviewer (130 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral