Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 11/29/2017 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is basically the only foundation I use in my professional kit because it works for all skin types! It doesn't accentuate dry patches and it really lasts well - it still looks perfect after hours of sweating! I wouldn't recommend this for daily use though because it is so matte and so doesn't look 100% natural. It also hasn't broken any of my clients out and is good for sensitive skin.

This foundation is affordable, easy to find, and has great coverage. I got it in shade 150 for my pale olive skin. I'm rating it a 3 because it exacerbated the dryness in my skin. It made my chin look super flakey. It's possible I need to get the one for dry skin. The Colorstay I purchased is for combo/oily skin and has SPF 15. It didn't seem to cause flashback despite the SPF, which is awesome. If you have super oily skin, this might be HG good for you. I love the matte look and usually use Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet, which doesn't make the dryness in my face obvious the way the Colorstay does. The only time I try to use a different foundation is if I just had a laser treatment and am in extreme need of moisture. Back to Mat Velvet I go for now! Hopefully I find a cheaper version of it.

on 10/18/2017 7:02:00 AM

This foundation has been used by myself for many years although I use the British version I'm sure its the same formula. When first applying this foundation it glides on amazingly with a brush and beauty blender. I use the Smashbox primer oil underneath as my skin is fairly dry. Using and not using a base, powder or setting spray for this foundation in my opinion can make a big difference so I would definitely recommend wearing something under even if it's just a moisturizer as without it I find that it crease and look chalky very quickly. The coverage is amazing, colour matches my pale skin well and theres now a pump included in the packing which is super. The only thing I can fault is that it does crease quite quickly which can be a pain. Other than that for a first foundation or if you want to try something cheaper or new then go ahead!

on 8/11/2017 11:22:00 PM

This has become my favourite foundation. It is less than half the cost of one Make Up Forever Mat + Velvet foundation and I find it to be lightweight yet full coverage. Though it isn't super mattifying for my oily skin, I still love how it wears. It is the best performing drug store brand and feels like a high quality product. The shade selection is very good. Other foundations melt off in humid weather, but this has staying power. I wear Medium Beige but can probably go to Nude in the Winter. Would definitely recommend the oily/combination one.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This (I alternated between the liquid and the whipped version) was my to-go to foundation for years and years, however I will no longer be buying it for reasons I will explain below. I love the finish which I'd describe as satin, neither too drying nor greasy and like the name implies the colour really does stay. 'fresh beige' in the liquid and 'natural beige' in the whipped are actually better matches for me than the NW25 I always get matched to by MAC. This is a beautiful foundation. However:

1) where i live (Australia) a Colorstay foundation costs 34-38 dollars. That is a mid-end price, yet Revlon is considered low-end or 'drugstore/high street' by the rest of the world. My younger self though expensive automatically = good, but these days I just think if I'm gonna pay mid end prices I am better off buying REAL mid end makeup.

2) I have recently decided to go cruelty free and from what I understand Revlon is not.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product has really good staying power. The coverage when i used half a pump is really good but considering i dont have scarring i cant tell whether its really full coverage. I have rather normal skin so I cant really tell if it lasts long on combination to oily skin. For reference I am a true olive/ olive beige with little to no yellow tones on my skin and im light skinned. I bought it in Sand Beige which is very neutral, when i swatched it on my wrist, I couldnt see any hint of yellow but its really ashy. However, this is the closest match to my skin so for those who has a light olive beige skin, i recommend you to try this. The reason why I removed one lippie is because the ingredients are really bad for the body. It does contain parabens and if you input the ingredients in Skindeep EWG, the risk level is moderate borderlining high, but if your skin likes it by all means use it (:

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is so great! I have the formula made for dry skin and this works really really well at covering and lasting all day. It has a pump now so no problems at all with the packaging. The shade 150 works well for my winter fair neutral skin. If you're even more fair than I, there are actually shades above this which is incredible - I'm always the lightest!

I also love mixing this foundation with more glowy/luminous foundations to give them more coverage. This does not make my skin dry at all yet it lasts very well throughout the day (8+ hours).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG foundation!!! I love that this foundation comes with a pump now, thaaank you Revlon! I first used this foundation when I had horrible acne. This was the only foundation that was able to cover my skin, without breaking me out. 7 years later... I am still using this foundation! It is the best! I have tried others, but I always end up going to my revlon colorstay. Somehow for me, the longer I have this foundation on the better it looks throughout the day. Most foundations melt off my oily skin, but not this one. I use two plumps to apply all over my face, and pat it into my skin with a beauty blender. HG :) Buy this again? YES, a million times over!

I used to like very this product and used it in place of my Lancome Teint Idole foundation. I loved the price, staying power, the fact it didn't transfer, great coverage and good colour match. The one thing I didn't like was the packaging as I prefer a pump bottle. Without a pump it's hard to get the product out. Unfortunately either my skin has changed dramatically with age or Revlon reformulated something, as I no longer like this. The main reason is that it settles into my pores, terribly! I feel like it settles into them and I can see white little craters more pronounced than ever. The product also seems heavier and mask-like..I never experienced these problems before with this product.

I'm in my early 40's and used the 220 medium beige. I keep holding onto the bottle hoping that maybe it's my skin that had an off day, but unfortunately it's been few months now and I just can't seem to make it work for me anymore. Which is too bad because I haven't found anything comparable for the price.

on 3/18/2017 1:13:00 AM

I haven't found anything better than this for the price. This is the only foundation that doesn't break me out. I've had to switch between combo/oily and normal/dry depending on the time of year. It provides great coverage, but you need to apply with a sponge otherwise it's hard to blend in. It does seem to sink into my pores by the end of the day and doesn't provide any dewy look.