Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This product has really good staying power. The coverage when i used half a pump is really good but considering i dont have scarring i cant tell whether its really full coverage. I have rather normal skin so I cant really tell if it lasts long on combination to oily skin. For reference I am a true olive/ olive beige with little to no yellow tones on my skin and im light skinned. I bought it in Sand Beige which is very neutral, when i swatched it on my wrist, I couldnt see any hint of yellow but its really ashy. However, this is the closest match to my skin so for those who has a light olive beige skin, i recommend you to try this. The reason why I removed one lippie is because the ingredients are really bad for the body. It does contain parabens and if you input the ingredients in Skindeep EWG, the risk level is moderate borderlining high, but if your skin likes it by all means use it (:

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is so great! I have the formula made for dry skin and this works really really well at covering and lasting all day. It has a pump now so no problems at all with the packaging. The shade 150 works well for my winter fair neutral skin. If you're even more fair than I, there are actually shades above this which is incredible - I'm always the lightest!

I also love mixing this foundation with more glowy/luminous foundations to give them more coverage. This does not make my skin dry at all yet it lasts very well throughout the day (8+ hours).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG foundation!!! I love that this foundation comes with a pump now, thaaank you Revlon! I first used this foundation when I had horrible acne. This was the only foundation that was able to cover my skin, without breaking me out. 7 years later... I am still using this foundation! It is the best! I have tried others, but I always end up going to my revlon colorstay. Somehow for me, the longer I have this foundation on the better it looks throughout the day. Most foundations melt off my oily skin, but not this one. I use two plumps to apply all over my face, and pat it into my skin with a beauty blender. HG :) Buy this again? YES, a million times over!

I used to like very this product and used it in place of my Lancome Teint Idole foundation. I loved the price, staying power, the fact it didn't transfer, great coverage and good colour match. The one thing I didn't like was the packaging as I prefer a pump bottle. Without a pump it's hard to get the product out. Unfortunately either my skin has changed dramatically with age or Revlon reformulated something, as I no longer like this. The main reason is that it settles into my pores, terribly! I feel like it settles into them and I can see white little craters more pronounced than ever. The product also seems heavier and mask-like..I never experienced these problems before with this product.

I'm in my early 40's and used the 220 medium beige. I keep holding onto the bottle hoping that maybe it's my skin that had an off day, but unfortunately it's been few months now and I just can't seem to make it work for me anymore. Which is too bad because I haven't found anything comparable for the price.

on 3/18/2017 1:13:00 AM

I haven't found anything better than this for the price. This is the only foundation that doesn't break me out. I've had to switch between combo/oily and normal/dry depending on the time of year. It provides great coverage, but you need to apply with a sponge otherwise it's hard to blend in. It does seem to sink into my pores by the end of the day and doesn't provide any dewy look.

on 3/17/2017 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

What can I say??? I LOVE this foundation. For years, I wore Lancôme's Teint Idole but then they discontinued not only my color but the formulation changed. I switched to Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light but when my daughter started wearing foundation and after purchasing her a few tubes of it, I decided enough was enough, I couldn't really afford to buy us both this expensive foundation so I started searching. It didn't take long and I found this. It is almost identical to Estee Lauder's Double Wear light in consistency and lasting power. I've ALWAYS had oily skin, from my teen years to my upper 40's now and this stays on from 6:00 a.m. until I take it off at bedtime. I use a loose powder on top to help set it and I'm good. My daughter uses is too and has even had several of her friends ask about her foundation, these teenagers can't believe that it's just a "drug-store" foundation. What I am most pleased with besides the fact that it's just GREAT is the price. This usually runs around $12 - $13 a bottle (but I try to stock up when it's on sale) but compare that to the $42 for 1 tube of ELDWF...you do the math! Just recently, they have refigured the packaging and added a pump feature which makes me like it even more!! I can't see that I will EVER change and I've actually taught my daughter that the more expensive is NOT always better...this is a perfect example. Trust me, there is a wide variety of colors and I'm sure you will be able to find your color. I saw on some of the other reviews that they found their match from other brands on "findation". I went to the website to see for myself and it matched me exactly to what I used to use in Lancôme and Estee Lauder to the color I currently use in Revlon. Give it a try... you really don't have much to lose. If you purchase it at Ulta, they will even let you return it if you are not satisfied but make sure you keep your receipt.

Holy grail foundation! Now with the new pump packaging makes life so much better.
I have repurchased this foundation in combination/oily about 6 times now, love love love!
Would recommend to anybody with acne/blemish-prone skin, reluctant to oily skin.
One problem, is that if you happen to have any dry patches the foundation will cling after a short period.
Great coverage for blemishes and uneven skin tone.
Not especially matte or dewy finish, just right.

on 2/17/2017 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This foundation is AWESOME! I use 110 Ivory, and I have never come across a foundation or concealer that matched my skin so exactly. The formulation is also pretty natural, though it doesn't work that well on the driest areas on my face. I've gotten many compliments on my skin from wearing just this as foundation/concealer. One time, someone even proclaimed I had no makeup on when I was wearing this after closely inspecting my face for makeup--as in they were inches away from my face, and still found no foundation.

Other pros:
Pretty high-coverage: I can use it just as concealer. It is also very buildable, though I find that I rarely need to build it.
Extremely long-lasting: Once I apply it I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day.
Fantastic value: This foundation is very thin but very high coverage--because of this I don't need to use very much. I always seem to have the same bottle for a very, very long time before I need to buy a new one.

I hope this product is always on the shelves!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I gave this a solid 2 week test, just so I could decide if this foundation would work for me. I was trying to find a replacement for the very pricey Estee Lauder Double Wear I have been swearing by.

So, is it as good as ELDW? No. But it's VERY CLOSE. It has slightly less staying power, but only at the end of the "wear". ELDW would last darn near a whole day and then some on my face. Colorstay gives me about an hour or two less wear. 24 hrs? No way. But it's very good on the long wear test.

The colors are excellent. I used "findation" to match my 2N1 and 2W2 ELDW w/Colorstay and it gave me 300 and 330. Both of these colors are almost exact matches to ELDW.

Here's how I apply ANY foundation, because I have EXTREMELY oily skin: 1. Shine Killer primer by NYX 2. HD loose silica based powder (any brand) 3. Foundation 4. HD loose silica based powder. I apply powder UNDER my foundation and over primer, because it is the only way any foundation, no matter how good will stay on my face. With this technique, Colorstay performed outstandingly well.

I have read it creases in lines. I did not notice ANY creasing. I use the giant Tarte Amazon foundation brush to apply, and it blends out beautifully. The finish on this foundation is also excellent. In fact, I would give it a slightly higher rating on finish than ELDW.

The only big criticism I really have is that this makeup has a tendency to transfer. It's odd, because it doesn't degrade much and takes hours and hours before you notice any oxidation. But yes, it does transfer. I never noticed much of any transfer w/ELDW.

Given that this is a fraction ($13) of the cost of ELDW ($38), I do think I'll be buying it again. I think I'll be able to handle the transfer problem as a trade off for the much lower price and ease of purchase.

So, add me to the list of converts on this excellent long wear foundation.

on 1/18/2017 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have worn multitudes of high end foundations and have never found "The One" until this, Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily skin in Natural Beige, 220. First off, I am a MAC NW20, have fair cool toned slightly oily skin. I had previously tried this Revlon Colorstay a few years back but was using the wrong color so I didn't like it. Since Revlon doesn't have testers available in stores, I had to guess what I would need and I picked "Buff" because it was second to lightest and that is what I usually am. One day I found the "Findation" website, which tells you what color foundation you should be wearing. and let me just say, if you haven't found this site, visit it NOW!! it is just an awesome site! So on Findation, it said that in Revlon Colorstay I should be wearing the shade Natural Beige, which really shocked me. I NEVER would have chosen this color! I thought "This is a mistake, I don't wear a shade that dark". So i bought some, and let me just say, I have never in my life found a foundation shade that matches my skin so closely!!! it is PERFECT! So the formula: it's great for oily skin, keeps you shine free for hours! It has medium to full coverage, looks natural, and keeps the oil at bay and lasts all day. It is somewhat difficult to blend; you have to blend it pretty quickly after you apply it to your face, or it won't blend properly. It takes a little practice to learn how to blend it to your tastes. SInce they have changed the bottle to have a pump, it is much better than the old standard cap. It's affordable, has a large range of shades, even for extra light toned skin, had a great formula and lasts all day, and rivals ANY high end foundation I have ever worn. Love that there is a formula for oily skin and one for dry to. This is my HG foundation! Love!