Yes To Carrots Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15

Yes To Carrots Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15
Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF 15

3.5

Active: Zinc Oxide (5%) Other: Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerine, Cetearyl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dead Sea Water (Maris Aqua), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Cucumis Melo (Melon) Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Isostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance

on 9/25/2016 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've used this for a couple of weeks now and my face feels dryer than ever before. It's been hot and humid here in DC and my usually oily face would be dry (eventually after a couple of hours it will oil up like usual). No matter how thin or thick of a layer I apply, my face would dry up and I would have to reapply or use another moisturizer. I don't like wasting products but I need to stop using this because my face is now too flaky.

on 9/17/2016 5:29:00 PM

This seems like a fairly problem-free sunscreen. I suspect silicone is causing the horrible breakouts I get from most sunscreens (and primers, and liquid foundations). This doesn't have dimethicone, etc., so I'm hopeful. I guess the trade off is that it's hard to give mineral sunscreen a really smooth texture without silicones. But I find the texture of this to be light, tolerable, and fairly breathable (though maybe a tad overly moisturizing). If I had a more complicated makeup routine I might be complaining, but I dust a little mineral powder on top and am good to go. Unscented, mineral based, and silicone free -- those are my main requirements in a sunscreen, and this works.

I am so tired of struggling with sunscreens! Theoretically, I'd use SPF 30 or even 50 if I could do it without breaking out. But I guess an SPF 15 I can stand to wear beats an SPF 50 I dread. I have also had some luck with DeVita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30. It doesn't make me break out, but my mineral foundation doesn't work as well over that one.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

I have combination and sensitive skin. This moisturizer comes out of the bottle creamy but when applied it doesn't go on smoothly. I have to apply a lot to work it around my face without any friction. I definitely need to use a primer over this when applying foundation in order to get a smooth application. This does not break me out. Will not repurchase

on 1/25/2016 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is the first moisturizer that actually works on my super sensitive super acne prone skin. 95% natural paraban free dermatologist tested hypoallergenic.I love the gentle fragrance in it an it's not at all Greasy,in fact it instantly absorbs into my skin. The packaging is great it is a very sanitary pump bottle with a cap. I got this product on sale for 4.95 I believe it is a regular 14.99 but I'm not sure. I will definitely be repurchasing!

on 8/3/2015 7:13:00 AM

ewg.org gives this product a 3 in regards to hazardous ingredients so it isn't too bad. The smell was manageable but will need to get use to it in a few days. I didn't love or hate it in terms of consistency and it didn't break me out so I used it till the end. (this one is muuch better than the grapefruit spf 15 one imo, I have a review of that aswell)
ps. i used this product over a year ago

on 1/24/2015 11:08:00 AM

This moisturizer was okay. I didn't repurchase after using it up because it had a greasy texture and was expensive. I'm on the lookout for a new cruelty-free moisturizer now.

on 12/11/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Was compelled to try this because of the natural ingredients and affordable price, but this was so amusingly chalky and pasty that it was funny, quite frankly. I have olive skin, and I can't smear wet chalk all over my face, because I'll look.. like... a lifeguard.

I had to return it right away. I really don't recommend this.

I'm always on the lookout for a good, reasonably-priced moisturiser with non-chemical sunscreen. Heard good things about Yes To Carrots, so gave this a shot. Has a nice consistency and great pump bottle. Unfortunately it has a slight funky smell, makes my skin feel a bit tight, and, more importantly, it doesn't play well with other products. Inevitably I end up with tiny white flakies and pills if I use anything over or under it. Not a good look. So, while I think it's probably a good product on its own, it's been fobbed off on my husband as he doesn't use makeup or other moisturisers. Hasn't seemed to cause him any problems.

on 8/15/2013 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted t try a new moisturizer, in the search of a new one I came across this one at walgreens for $14 a bit too expensive if you ask me BUT I read of the natural ingredients that has and I was like WHY NOT? I am so glad to have found this I am ready to try more YES TO products! It leaves my face feeling super soft, no scent and SPF? YES PLEASE! excellent moisturizer!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wanted to like this moisturizer because it has better-for-you ingredients and it's a decent price (around $14 at the drug store). However it feels like it sits on the surface of my skin, which makes me look and feel oily. The quest for decent and affordable spf protection for my oily skin continues. My overall rating reflects the decent price and ingredients - I feel like it may work for some people, and I can use it on my hands so it's not a complete loss. There is some scent but I didn't find it objectionable.