Sleek Bad Girl iDivine Eyeshadow Palette

Sleek Bad Girl Palette SwatchesSleek Bad Girl Palette

4.2

on 2/9/2017 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wrote a longer review on iDivine palettes in general (I own three), so jump on over there if you want to read a more thorough review of pros and cons that apply to all of these palettes, including Bad Girl.

Firstly, this palette has almost 50% of superfluous shades, because they're too similar. The two silvers, two sparkly backs, two greens, two blues, and two purples - you could throw out one from each pair of these. On the eye, they look the same. In practice you're getting 6 different eyeshadows. The two highlighter shades are pretty, but this palette is in sore need of a transition colour. If you're used to layering and blending, then you can sheer the dark blues and purples over the pale shades in the crease to create a nice blend, but if you aren't, you'll need to reach for other eyeshadows outside of this palette to create a wearable smoky eye.

This being said, the shadows are pigmented and blend well; for such dark shades at a drugstore price, they perform well. There is fallout, so watch out for that during the application and use a liquid, very sticky primer, or you'll end up with glitter all over your face while you're out and about wearing these. The metallic shades also don't really want to layer on top of the mattes, so if you want a silvery pop in the middle of your eyelid or something around those lines, you'll want to leave out space. These do layer, but not all of them with each of them, if you get me; the more matte shades do layer on top of each other, but the thicker metallic shades don't. You'll need to wet your brush, but even then it's tricky.

It's a decent palette for the price, if you don't mind having to dip into other shadows whenever you'll be wearing this. Still, if you can cope with a smaller range of shades, I'd go for a good drugstore quad instead.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had 2 palettes of this..first : all night long , it's super nicer , easy to blend , and great in shades , no patches , as a beginner i would advice you to buy it, the second : matte dark shades , it's the real pain in .... , nop, don't ever buy it , shades are so powdery, too patchy, hard to blend and can destroy ur makeup in minutes .. i even changed the brush over and over still was the same problem.. if they didn't change the material, just never to buy it.

on 10/7/2014 5:48:00 AM

Great palette for smokey eyes and just adding a bit of colour without going too bright, highly pigmented so try to use a light hand :) Seems as though there is minimal fallout and they are a nice texture -not cakey.

I didn't actually buy this palette I got it free with a magazine subscription so I left the price nuteral. I love the colours and they mix well when putting them on and they stay putt for the day. no melting eyeshadow. I don't like the sponge applicator but I have my own brushes :)

on 4/21/2013 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

nice palette.Very handy for smokey eyes. If you enjoy blues and purples you're going to love it. My only grip with this is I wish they were more matte shadows and a little less fallout. Other than that, it's been a staple for nights out in my makeup drawer

This is such a nice palette, the quality is incredible. It's at least as good if not better than many MAC shadows (I'm not a huge fan anyways). Using it over NYX jumbo in Milk makes them so bright and so pretty...You can make a really pretty liquid metal looking eye with this. My only gripe is the packaging. I have to always pry the thing open and the applicator goes flying. At least I don't need to worry about it flying open during traveling?

on 10/17/2012 10:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

From Australia, bought this online from the states and it was VERY cheap incl. shipping so so cheap (~$9AUD + $10 shipping). Saw the Pixiwoo girls using it, so felt pretty confident it would be a worthy buy - and it is!! Colours swatch true to photo. Ordering process was easy, but as per other reviews no tracking was available
Pros: Great smokey eye/eyelining palette, rich beautiful pigmented colours, long-wear (10hrs+) with high-end base, minimal fall-out, nice big mirror, GREAT packaging
Cons: Too many shimmery colours, more matte colours would be good.
VERDICT: Would buy again every time, soo cheap for such good quality. My normal motto is you get what you pay for, but Sleek you have beaten me - touche!

on 6/26/2012 10:50:00 AM

I bought two sleekpalettes due to the big hypes and the great swatches I say online.
Pigmentation is great, texture is mostly okay (varies a little) but lots of fallout. The color selectionf the palettes is very nice too.
Problem is, the colors fade away while wearing and they don't stay as vibrant as the look when you put them on, even with high-end-bases, it is quite obvious especially when using highlighting colors next to darker ones, for example a little silver in the inner eye corner and black all around - the silver will fade away. It's okay if you need some cheap but decent stuff for travelling and want ruin or lose your MAC palettes on the way. But if you're looking for some VERY good eyeshadows which are pigmented, well textured AND lasting.....you still have to go for the well-known brands, this is no holy grail.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Texture of the eyeshadows are fabulous and creamy, colors are beautiful and vivid, but i don't use it very often. It's great for a night out, but overall to wear too dark. If you love dark smokey eyes, this one shouldn't be missing in your stash.

on 10/31/2011 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

From the US, ordered with the flat rate shipping of $10. Putting that into account for the price which I think wa $10-$11 US dollars, I'd say this is worth it. If your eyeshadow collection is lackey dark vampy shadows, then this is a good option. The colors are SUPER pigmented. I'd say even TOO pigmented. I don't know if I have a light enough hand to work with these! That's ok though, I will learn :) The swatches posted in this review thread are very accurate to real life.

I looooove the dark blues and purples in this for winter. I'm going to line my bottom lash line with a thin brush with a neutral smokey eye. (From the Au Natural Palette!)