E.L.F. 32 shadow palette

E.L.F 32 Eye Shadow Collection Everyday Brights

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Methylparaben, Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red No.40 Lake (Cl 16035), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this at Winners in Canada which is one of the only stores I am awear of that sells ELF in Canada. (Target is closing down D:) and It was sadly almost $10 which I am disappointed of. (Not because it's a lot of money, because Elf sells it for cheaper at other places but was over priced at Winners.) It has 32 colors that are almost all natural and it is perfect. I have been looking for red and oranges to start wearing and am so happy with the colors in this pallet. They blend really well when I do my makeup routine which I really love. The packaging is just the perfect size to fit into my makeup bag and even replaced some older products that I have been meaning to get rid off and find replacements for since I became cruelty free. Overall I think it's a great product, just with I could have gotten it a bit cheaper since people have gotten it for $5. I would defiantly look into buying the other ELF products soon and even replacing this one once and if I run out.
BTW, I think ELF sells it for a AMAZING PRICE, just Winners does not.

on 10/30/2013 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I picked up the 32 warm color palette for $5 at Ross about a year ago. At the time, I just learned how to use eyeshadows, so I didn't want to splurge on the Naked palette yet. I love the colors! Pretty much all of them are so wearable, and there's a good mix of shimmery and matte colors. It's such a great bargain, and I believe there are a handful of dupes for the colors in the Naked palette. I use this palette everyday, and even when I pick up the Naked palette in the future, I'll still use the E.L.F palette.

The only problem I had with this was the packaging. One of the hinges snapped, so when I open the palette, the lid hangs to one side. Not a big deal though, so overall, great product!

I am Elf's biggest fan! I have to say they have amazing products and the 32 piece collection is an amazing palettes, great for beginners to collectors. I have to admit the first couple werent that great but w/ each new one, i think they keep getting better and better!
~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elf 32 Piece Collection palettes can be found on the eyeslipsface website. Ive also seen them at Target, Big Lots and at some Ross stores. They have released a few different palettes over time so each set may not be available now. The price is great, only $5 or less for 32 shadows is a really really GREAT deal!
~~~~~~~ SHADE/ FORMULA/ PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
Elf 32 Piece Collection is a great palette to reach after for a variety of reasons, daily use & great for travel. Depending on which palette I use, so many looks can be achieved. I have the 1st palette that was released up to the most recent, i have to say the formula is far superior now. The eyeshadows keep getting better in quality. The last few i purchased have been great. The colors are very beautiful & soft, creamy. I will briefly say that the first few weren't that pigmented, a little on the hard side & blended & faded away somewhat but the newest ones are way better. The shadows are soft, smooth, apply evenly & blend nice as well. The colors are pigmented & show up great. I use the Elf $1 primer under & sometimes a cream base if i can which does help w/ pigmentation. I have a few palettes to pick from & so many gorgeous colors. The great thing about these are within the collection, Elf includes matte, semi- matte, pearl, metallic & shimmer shadows. With different finishes, i find i can complete a look w/ dimension. I dont have to bring different shadows for brow bone or darkening the crease, its all right there. The price makes this even better. I have 5 or so of these palettes & daily i reach for one of them. I have Warm & Cool sets & all of them have some favorite shadows. The lighter shades are great for highlighting brow bone, inner corners, a wash on the lids. The mid tones are great for blending & crease work & the darkest shades are great for outer v & crease work as well as lining the eyes. I say if you were disappointed in the first sets, maybe give a new one a try. I think they are great.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Elf 32 Piece Collection comes in a nice sleek flat black rectangular compact. The palette is great for traveling since a variety of shades are offered, so many looks with these sets. The compact is made of sturdy hard plastic that is durable & resistant to packing them up and banging them around a little bit. Included on the lid is a mirror that is convenient if needed. The front lid has a see thru peep window, which ilike since i have a few & i can tell which colors are inside. The elf logo is located on the front in glossy black lettering. Included is 32 small squares of shadows. I havent had any problems w/ any coming loose or falling out but nothing glue cant fix. 2 double ended foam applicators inside. I like how simple & cute these look & it keeps the product protected too.
Overall, the Elf 32 Piece palettes from Elf are a fav of mine. I collect them & use them all the time. I have some favorite eye shadows within these. They have included gorgeous, unique shadows that anyone can enjoy. I have bought palettes from the more known brands online & have to say I reach for these more often. Less bulky big packaging, these are small enough to fit in a bag & yet I dont feel guilty if i dont use a shadow or two. These are a true bargain but def worth much more. I will def repurchased, already have over the years. I have my own little Elf collection & these are probably one of the top 5 i reach for. I recommend for those who are beginning in makeup since you will get all the colors you need, from neutrals to colorful, day and night time colors for a fraction of the cost. I love too that the different palettes accommodate alot of makeup lovers needs.

on 11/26/2012 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

The e.l.f. 32 piece warm eyeshadow palette is a dream come true for women who are into the natural look. Being a dark skinned woman of color, finding eyeshadow colors that are not chalky to the skin tone is difficult. However, the pigmentation of the eyeshadows in this palette is not chalky, but soft and pronounced. I can create a variety of nice boho chic looks for the day. And, at night, I can create various smoky eye looks. It is a beautiful palette that is a must try!

However, one issue I do have with the palette is the design. There needs to be more spacing between each eyeshadow dish. The spacing could reduce the amount of eyeshadow cross spillage that occurs between neighboring eyeshadow dishes.

on 11/20/2012 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have the warm palettes. I have the older version which has more deeper pinks and plum colors, and the newer warm palette that contains more browns and tope colors. I really adore these palettes because they make traveling so easy and they contain the basic shades that anyone would ever need. Some shades are a bit more pigmented than others, but hey it was only 5 dollars. I think it was worth the money because you do get some really great eyeshadows that are very pigmented. The applicator that it comes with isn't too great, but using the elf eyeshadow brush works perfectly. All in all, I love this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got this free with my first E.L.F purchase. Rather than impressing me I was really disappointed. At the time I was looking for a nice matt beige/neutal eyeshadow (tried sleek in the end) and used the peach eyeshadow first. It disappeared one hour after applying- this was indoors at home on a cool day it wasn't like the heat melted it or anything. I used the golds too and it was the same. Ironically this free gift almost turned me off buying any E.L.F products again, I was about to purchase 2 of the beauty encloypeadias, thank goodness i didn't. However I kept it thinking that it would stay on with a primer. I'm using ELF mineral primer and it's lasting most of the day which is good. I've tried the pink, browns, greys but yet to try the blues, the glittery ones (which doesn't really appeal to me) and rest of the palette.

I would say that the design of the palette is fairly good- it's not flashy and i didn't find it hard to open at all and it has the bonus of a mirror placed on the lid at eyelid level which is very handy. It's also quite light to lift and carry. The colours are generally placed together in colour groups ie all the greys silvers toegther.

What I have found is that the quality of the eyeshadows is fairly poor-they are chalky and powdery (I got eyeshadow in my contact lenses which has only happened 3 times in 10 years.) The chalkiness makes it look cheap too. I was using a flat brush to pat down the eyeshadow on the lid which is a good method to adopt but you have to use more eyeshadow that usual to build up the colour. Also most of the colours have a silver sheen to them which i quite like but was not expecting.

I'm glad I didn't chuck this out as there is a good range of colours but I would recommend others to check out MUA shadows which are really cheap 1 an eyeshadow and 4 for a palette and much better quality. I won't be buying their powder shadows again but like their studio cream eyeshadows.

on 2/15/2012 2:12:00 AM

You pay what you get for. I do like this palette and use it for days I wont be wearing MU for a long time and just want a nice wash of color on the lids. The bronzy colors are really pretty on this

on 1/19/2012 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got a 32-pan warm palette at Target after Christmas for $4.15. It caught my eye because it was cheap, and it had a lot of shades I regularly use (taupes, plums, browns). I like it, though it wont replace my staple eyeshadows. It will likely wind up in my travel bag, since it pretty much has any shade Id need conveniently in one palette. The only thing that would make this even better would be the addition of a green/olive shade(s).

The packaging of this is plastic with a clear lid so the shades are visible. The lid is a little hard to pry open. It comes with a chintzy foam-tip applicator which I never use. I use my ELF eyeshadow brush. It contains 4 rows of 8 shadows. There is over a full ounce of total product. Each pan is about in by in.

There is a variety of netural-warm shades as well as textures which can be used in endless combinations for natural to dramatic looks. There are shimmer, matte, and glitter shades. The pigmentation varies depending on the shade/texture; generally speaking, the shimmery shades are softer and more pigmented, the glitter shades are more chalky and less pigmented, and the matte shades are kind of hit-or-miss. I only use the darker, matte shades wet as eyeliner, so the texture doesnt really matter so much to me.

The shades are arranged (somewhat) by color family. The top row is pale base/highlight shades & taupes. The 2nd row is brown tones. The 3rd row is pinks & plums. And the bottom row is the darker smoky shades. Theres only a handful of shades Ill probably never touch, so I do think this is a well edited collection of neutral/warm shades.

For the most part, these apply easily and last all day (over my ELF primer). There is a little fallout depending on the shade, but nothing too bothersome. They layer and blend pretty easily.

Overall I like this collection since it contains many of the shades I wear on a regular basis. It would be good if youre looking to streamline your makeup collection or if youre just starting out with eye makeup. Its a solid collection of neutrals with a nice variety of textures. (Not a lot of 'color variety in this palette, though). The shadows apply & wear well, with only a few exceptions. The quality of the shadows is comparable to most mid-range brands. Recommended!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

32 shades for $5 is a great deal, but this palette is difficult to work with and I just don't have the patience. I have the neutral palette and some of the colors are really nice. My favorite is probably the rich brown color that is very pigmented, creamy, and not chalky. I wish I could say all the colors in the palette were similar, but they are not. Many of the shadows are very dusty while some of them are nice. The palette frustrates me because I haven't used all the shades, when I'm doing my makeup if I use a shade that is dusty/chalky/very poorly pigmented, I pretty much have to wipe my eyeshadows off and start all over again. I don't really have the patience for it and i didn't see a light brown that was very nice for a neutral look. I liked the pinks in the palette. Idk, for $5 there's no regret, but I wouldn't repurchase when there are drugstore options like Wet n wild that make nice e/s.

on 12/23/2011 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have this in warm. Unfortunately when I received it there were a few shadows that were broken. But never mind that. The eyeshadows are powdery. Pigmentation is pretty good. But the powdery feel just puts me off using it.