E.L.F. 32 shadow palette

E.L.F. 32 shadow palette
E.L.F 32 Eye Shadow Collection Everyday Brights

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Methylparaben, Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red No.40 Lake (Cl 16035), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

on 1/19/2012 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got a 32-pan warm palette at Target after Christmas for $4.15. It caught my eye because it was cheap, and it had a lot of shades I regularly use (taupes, plums, browns). I like it, though it wont replace my staple eyeshadows. It will likely wind up in my travel bag, since it pretty much has any shade Id need conveniently in one palette. The only thing that would make this even better would be the addition of a green/olive shade(s).

The packaging of this is plastic with a clear lid so the shades are visible. The lid is a little hard to pry open. It comes with a chintzy foam-tip applicator which I never use. I use my ELF eyeshadow brush. It contains 4 rows of 8 shadows. There is over a full ounce of total product. Each pan is about in by in.

There is a variety of netural-warm shades as well as textures which can be used in endless combinations for natural to dramatic looks. There are shimmer, matte, and glitter shades. The pigmentation varies depending on the shade/texture; generally speaking, the shimmery shades are softer and more pigmented, the glitter shades are more chalky and less pigmented, and the matte shades are kind of hit-or-miss. I only use the darker, matte shades wet as eyeliner, so the texture doesnt really matter so much to me.

The shades are arranged (somewhat) by color family. The top row is pale base/highlight shades & taupes. The 2nd row is brown tones. The 3rd row is pinks & plums. And the bottom row is the darker smoky shades. Theres only a handful of shades Ill probably never touch, so I do think this is a well edited collection of neutral/warm shades.

For the most part, these apply easily and last all day (over my ELF primer). There is a little fallout depending on the shade, but nothing too bothersome. They layer and blend pretty easily.

Overall I like this collection since it contains many of the shades I wear on a regular basis. It would be good if youre looking to streamline your makeup collection or if youre just starting out with eye makeup. Its a solid collection of neutrals with a nice variety of textures. (Not a lot of 'color variety in this palette, though). The shadows apply & wear well, with only a few exceptions. The quality of the shadows is comparable to most mid-range brands. Recommended!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Before you apply this shadow make sure you dust your lids with some powder first as then the shadow applies much better. As long as you protect underneath your eyes from the fall out (I use cotton wool pads) then the colours are easy to blend and very wearable. It is also a good way of experimenting with new colours for a really cheap price. I do hate the packaging, once I finally got the lid open I did not shut it again, for fear of not being able to open it again! They are not extralasting shadows but in fairness they do not claim to be. They definitely have enough staying power for a night out though.