e.l.f. Cosmetics 32 shadow palette

E.L.F 32 Eye Shadow Collection Everyday Brights

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Methylparaben, Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red No.40 Lake (Cl 16035), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

on 12/8/2012 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have three of these, so obviously I like them lol. I have the warm one (neutrals and plums), the cool one (greens, pinks, and neutrals), and the colorful one (brights and a few neutrals). Surprisingly, my least favorite is the warm one, which I wouldn't really recommend (but even then it has a few stand out shades). The other two are fabulous though! One thing to keep in mind with these shadows is that they cost $5. They're probably not going to be rivaling MAC or Urban Decay anytime soon. But with a primer and in some cases a white base, these shadows pop. The colorful shades are the best, they're usually pretty pigmented in my experience. The matte shades can be a bit chalky, but they're workable. The warm palette gave me the most trouble, since half of the shades hardly show up, but the other two palettes are a joy to work with. There really is a good variety in these palettes, though a few of the grays end up looking the exact same when in use. With a primer they last pretty much all day. The packaging is very horrible indeed, I broke the lids on my warm and cool ones within a few weeks of purchasing them. Then again, they were only $5 dollars each. All in all, I wouldn't recommend the warm palette, but the other palettes are great! It's a great cheap way to try out a bunch of shades you never would've tried otherwise. These would also be a great stocking stuffer for any kid starting to get into makeup!

on 8/5/2012 8:29:00 AM

I bought the warm palette. I don't use it too often, as I'm a makeup rookie, but this is exactly what I needed to experiment without throwing away much cash. I would say it's much higher quality than other cheap alternatives, however the colors do come on much lighter than they appear.

on 6/16/2012 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It's worth about $5, tops. The case is hard to open until you realize that you have to pull it apart. The selection of colors looks nice in the packaging, however, they disappoint when applied. Even with primer and a base, the color didn't even last 3 hours. The shadows are not pigmented at all and don't apply evenly. Most of the product is lost in the fallout. That being said, I do like some of the colors as they're understated enough for me to get away with at work. This palette should last me a while since I barely use it, so I won't need to repurchase in the future.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

32 shades for $5 is a great deal, but this palette is difficult to work with and I just don't have the patience. I have the neutral palette and some of the colors are really nice. My favorite is probably the rich brown color that is very pigmented, creamy, and not chalky. I wish I could say all the colors in the palette were similar, but they are not. Many of the shadows are very dusty while some of them are nice. The palette frustrates me because I haven't used all the shades, when I'm doing my makeup if I use a shade that is dusty/chalky/very poorly pigmented, I pretty much have to wipe my eyeshadows off and start all over again. I don't really have the patience for it and i didn't see a light brown that was very nice for a neutral look. I liked the pinks in the palette. Idk, for $5 there's no regret, but I wouldn't repurchase when there are drugstore options like Wet n wild that make nice e/s.

on 12/23/2011 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I have this in warm. Unfortunately when I received it there were a few shadows that were broken. But never mind that. The eyeshadows are powdery. Pigmentation is pretty good. But the powdery feel just puts me off using it.

on 10/15/2011 1:26:00 AM

I think it's important to point out that there are a number of versions of the 32 palette from elf. The one I purchased was the volume 1 version of the back to school line this year. It had the neutral tones whereas the other palette in the back to school line had brighter colours.

I think it's great for the price. There are a lot of great shadows in the palette by most standards. There are a few 'duds' in the palette too which lack strong pigmentation but can be built up. There is only one shade not worth using; the glittery shade (only glitter shadow in the palette) in the top right corner.

The current version of the 32 palette on the site under the Studio palette section comes in three colour options: original ( I think), cool, and warm. The warm selection looks exactly like the one I have, so I recommend you check this out.

Most of the shades are shimmery. There is a nice shimmery medium light taupe and silver taupe; a light pink, champagne, peach, cream, and white shimmer; a couple golden browns; a couple purples and a shimmery burgundy; a terra cotta satin brown shade; only one good dark brown that is slightly olive with some shimmer; and a couple unremarkable blacks.

I will likely purchase another colour option next time I make an elf order.

on 8/11/2011 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first started using makeup, I bought this because I thought it would be a great way to experiment with different eye shadow colors (I went for this instead of the 100 shadow palette because I found that one would have been too overwhelming). It's definitely great for that but the quality of some of the eye shadows are not that great. I found that none of them really wore that long, but it was $5 so I guess that was expected. Since purchasing this, I've discovered better eye shadows (Wet n Wild!). I think this would be a great place to start for eye shadow beginners though because of it's range.

on 6/27/2011 9:49:00 PM

Well, what did I expect? 32 eyeshadows for 9 was bound to be poor. Firstly, I cracked my nail trying to open the damn thing. Even after owning the Everyday basic palette for 6 months I have to use plastic cuticle sticks to open it. In addition to that, the shadows are chalky, unpigmented and a lot are very similar on the skin (evn if the look different in the pan). This would be great for a teenager on someone who doesn't mind a lack of pigment. I like strong dramatic looks so the powdery palette is next to useless for me. Now, someone please stop me next time I want a 'bargain'!

on 12/16/2010 8:11:00 PM

I found this palette at ross for only 3.99 it was the only one so I took it. The colors are really nice the only one that bothers me is the second eyecolor on the second row. Its like chuncks of glitter it does really stay on unless you use a damp brush. But other than that I really like it.