E.L.F. 32 shadow palette

E.L.F 32 Eye Shadow Collection Everyday Brights

2.0

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Methylparaben, Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red No.40 Lake (Cl 16035), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got this free with my first E.L.F purchase. Rather than impressing me I was really disappointed. At the time I was looking for a nice matt beige/neutal eyeshadow (tried sleek in the end) and used the peach eyeshadow first. It disappeared one hour after applying- this was indoors at home on a cool day it wasn't like the heat melted it or anything. I used the golds too and it was the same. Ironically this free gift almost turned me off buying any E.L.F products again, I was about to purchase 2 of the beauty encloypeadias, thank goodness i didn't. However I kept it thinking that it would stay on with a primer. I'm using ELF mineral primer and it's lasting most of the day which is good. I've tried the pink, browns, greys but yet to try the blues, the glittery ones (which doesn't really appeal to me) and rest of the palette.

I would say that the design of the palette is fairly good- it's not flashy and i didn't find it hard to open at all and it has the bonus of a mirror placed on the lid at eyelid level which is very handy. It's also quite light to lift and carry. The colours are generally placed together in colour groups ie all the greys silvers toegther.

What I have found is that the quality of the eyeshadows is fairly poor-they are chalky and powdery (I got eyeshadow in my contact lenses which has only happened 3 times in 10 years.) The chalkiness makes it look cheap too. I was using a flat brush to pat down the eyeshadow on the lid which is a good method to adopt but you have to use more eyeshadow that usual to build up the colour. Also most of the colours have a silver sheen to them which i quite like but was not expecting.

I'm glad I didn't chuck this out as there is a good range of colours but I would recommend others to check out MUA shadows which are really cheap 1 an eyeshadow and 4 for a palette and much better quality. I won't be buying their powder shadows again but like their studio cream eyeshadows.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I happen to have purchased this in the Everyday Basics Eye Edition. The colors in the palette weren't what I would normally called everyday wearable colors. However, the palette was still workable nonetheless.

I found that some of the eyeshadow colors were more pigmented than others. Unfortunately, there ere some that hardly gave off any color payoff at all. The case that it came in was rather cheap looking. And it felt like it would easily break. Which is why, I had to be extra careful when handling it.

Overall, this palette really didn't impress me. Which is why, I will certainly think twice before ordering any more 32 pc. eyeshadow palettes from E.L.F. again!

on 11/18/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A multi-use palette for me; I own the palette that is in the 2nd picture. I do admit that the colors aren't as vibrant as MAC, Nars, Urban Decay, and Benefit shadows but, the use of a primer helps bring out the colors. My favorite colors are the first row (Contains golds and brows). I use this row to shade in my eyebrows, line my waterline, and create a bronze-gold eye. The bottom row is my least favorite (Black and silver colors). 3 of the colors are exactly alike. The ones that do stand alone are either not pigmented enough or too powdery. The shadows also cause fallouts' and fade with time if you do not prime your lids. I find that the green, blue, and purple shadows are difficult to build color. It takes 5-7 swipes for the color to come through on my medium fair skin. Overall, I can't complain for $5. It's a damn good palette for beginners ;)

My complaints
-The palette lid broke off in less than a month
-Bottom row colors too similar
-Bright colors hard to build color
-Some colors too powdery

on 3/21/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I agree with the first reviewer..you get what you pay. I bought this palette at Target for 4.99 and the palette does have beautiful colors but the pigmentation sucks. I used this with UDPP and the brighter colors didn't even show up especially the purple..I am always looking for a true purple color. I had to literally dip 3 to 4 times to get the color on my eyelids. The texture is powdery and flies all over the place. I find that the L'oreal Hip colors have better quality eyeshadows for a drugstore brand. I am trying to find good quality eyeshadows so I don't have to buy urban decay and mac all the time but sadly this brand just doesn't work out (their nail polish colors are awesome and so are their brushes but not eyeshadows).