E.L.F. 32 shadow palette

Filtered by skin type : Normal
E.L.F. 32 shadow palette
E.L.F 32 Eye Shadow Collection Everyday Brights

3.8

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Methylparaben, Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red No.40 Lake (Cl 16035), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I bought this at Winners in Canada which is one of the only stores I am awear of that sells ELF in Canada. (Target is closing down D:) and It was sadly almost $10 which I am disappointed of. (Not because it's a lot of money, because Elf sells it for cheaper at other places but was over priced at Winners.) It has 32 colors that are almost all natural and it is perfect. I have been looking for red and oranges to start wearing and am so happy with the colors in this pallet. They blend really well when I do my makeup routine which I really love. The packaging is just the perfect size to fit into my makeup bag and even replaced some older products that I have been meaning to get rid off and find replacements for since I became cruelty free. Overall I think it's a great product, just with I could have gotten it a bit cheaper since people have gotten it for $5. I would defiantly look into buying the other ELF products soon and even replacing this one once and if I run out.
BTW, I think ELF sells it for a AMAZING PRICE, just Winners does not.

I'm normally a big fan of elfs blushes and brushes so I thought I'd check out their eyeshadow palette, I brought the naturals palette and i have to say I was disappointed. although I like some of the shimmery eyeshadows, the matte ones pretty much have no pigment at all, the eyeshadows I do like also tend to fall off so I end up with eyeshadow all under my eye I don't mind putting up with that though as the colours are pretty. The packaging itself is not bad but I find my lid doesn't quite close properly, sort this out elf! Overall not a terrible product i'm just disappointed as I really wanted to like it as its only £5

I bought the warm 32 palette from E.L.F. towards the beginning of my obsession with makeup (:D). I had seen palettes before and wanted one badly, since I only had a small cheap one with 12 shadows I had gotten from Walgreens for $.99. Since this one wasn't expensive at all (it was $5) and I had decided when I started wearing eyeshadow they weren't going to be hugely bold and most were going to be neutral, I went for it.
At the time, since I didn't know how to test makeup to see if it was quality, I was very excited and happy with this palette, which features silvers, very loose gold sparkles, shades of beige and brown and a shimmery and matte black. Now, however, looking back at this it wasn't worth $5 (which, even though most are only $1, is the reaction I have towards many of the E.L.F. products I buy.)
This palette is extremely hard to open, nearly impossible without breaking a nail! How am I supposed to get it open? With a screwdriver? The shadows are hardly good quality, very chalky and untrue from the pan to the lid. I was very dissapointed when I tried to use both the blacks; they hardly showed up even when wet. The gold sparkle shade isn't shadow; it's loose sparkles that ended up all over my cheeks and was, as I nicknamed it, Fallout City!! I never use this palette anymore, and it is all the way on the bottom of my eye shadow palette collection.

SparklyBeauty
(Feel free to send me a message!)

on 1/19/2012 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got a 32-pan warm palette at Target after Christmas for $4.15. It caught my eye because it was cheap, and it had a lot of shades I regularly use (taupes, plums, browns). I like it, though it wont replace my staple eyeshadows. It will likely wind up in my travel bag, since it pretty much has any shade Id need conveniently in one palette. The only thing that would make this even better would be the addition of a green/olive shade(s).

The packaging of this is plastic with a clear lid so the shades are visible. The lid is a little hard to pry open. It comes with a chintzy foam-tip applicator which I never use. I use my ELF eyeshadow brush. It contains 4 rows of 8 shadows. There is over a full ounce of total product. Each pan is about in by in.

There is a variety of netural-warm shades as well as textures which can be used in endless combinations for natural to dramatic looks. There are shimmer, matte, and glitter shades. The pigmentation varies depending on the shade/texture; generally speaking, the shimmery shades are softer and more pigmented, the glitter shades are more chalky and less pigmented, and the matte shades are kind of hit-or-miss. I only use the darker, matte shades wet as eyeliner, so the texture doesnt really matter so much to me.

The shades are arranged (somewhat) by color family. The top row is pale base/highlight shades & taupes. The 2nd row is brown tones. The 3rd row is pinks & plums. And the bottom row is the darker smoky shades. Theres only a handful of shades Ill probably never touch, so I do think this is a well edited collection of neutral/warm shades.

For the most part, these apply easily and last all day (over my ELF primer). There is a little fallout depending on the shade, but nothing too bothersome. They layer and blend pretty easily.

Overall I like this collection since it contains many of the shades I wear on a regular basis. It would be good if youre looking to streamline your makeup collection or if youre just starting out with eye makeup. Its a solid collection of neutrals with a nice variety of textures. (Not a lot of 'color variety in this palette, though). The shadows apply & wear well, with only a few exceptions. The quality of the shadows is comparable to most mid-range brands. Recommended!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love this palette! I bought it based on a you tube guru and she loved it, as do i. I find the texture and pigmentation to be quality of studio line e/s. I love that u get creams, blues, pinks purples, greens, grays and black basically any color. Pigmentation is awesome and i find they apply and blend so well. Def give this a try if u want to try coastal scents palettes but arent sure. I love that i can do a million looks with 1 palette. I love packaging, black with see thru windows on half of front. Im more of a neutral girl but i want color every once in a blue moon, and this gives me that option. Def great 4 trips bc it got a spectrum of colors. Im e.l.fs biggest fan if u dont know. I love this palette and ive found a few videos on you tube and the girls did some great tutorials and beautiful looks (themakeupchair did a great navy and pink look) im pale and am weary of color but this is helping me put some color into looks without lookin like a clown. So if u want to play around with neutrals or color, pick this up, great 4 anyone. Another wonderful amazing and affordable product from e.l.f! Oh, my love
*update*
i love this palette- the formula/pigmentation isnt the greatest but its pretty darn good that its nothing to complain too much. i recently brought it with me on my vacation (the original palette since they have since come out with a few newer versions) i love em all- the neutral everyday colors and the bright colors, any look you want- theres a shadow for it. its small and compact- great black palette that has stayed together & safe thru airports and traveling. i have had to glue one shadow in since it fell out- no big deal though. I love how i got to play with colors i wouldnt normally get to since im not going out and buying a huge blue or pink shadow that ill use a few times and now i dont have to bc i got them all together. the shadows themselves are about the size of a penny so its plenty to play around with. whats amazing is even if you love one color & are running out- the whole palette is $5- less than what ive paid for a quad from the drugstore. so overall i really have enjoyed this palette from the orginal one to the newer ones theyve released. great idea and great shadows. not the most craziest pigmented but enough for my looks, i dont have to worry about packing on tons of color nor do i have to worry about wow i just applied way too much. great for beginners to learn how to match up looks as well as makeup collectors and lovers like myself. i do reach for it which sometimes my palettes lay around collecting dust but not this. i love how small yet powerful .i love opening up palettes and seeing the huge selection in front of me and thinking of all the possibilities.