E.L.F. 32 shadow palette

E.L.F 32 Eye Shadow Collection Everyday Brights

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Methylparaben, Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red No.40 Lake (Cl 16035), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

I am Elf's biggest fan! I have to say they have amazing products and the 32 piece collection is an amazing palettes, great for beginners to collectors. I have to admit the first couple werent that great but w/ each new one, i think they keep getting better and better!
~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elf 32 Piece Collection palettes can be found on the eyeslipsface website. Ive also seen them at Target, Big Lots and at some Ross stores. They have released a few different palettes over time so each set may not be available now. The price is great, only $5 or less for 32 shadows is a really really GREAT deal!
~~~~~~~ SHADE/ FORMULA/ PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
Elf 32 Piece Collection is a great palette to reach after for a variety of reasons, daily use & great for travel. Depending on which palette I use, so many looks can be achieved. I have the 1st palette that was released up to the most recent, i have to say the formula is far superior now. The eyeshadows keep getting better in quality. The last few i purchased have been great. The colors are very beautiful & soft, creamy. I will briefly say that the first few weren't that pigmented, a little on the hard side & blended & faded away somewhat but the newest ones are way better. The shadows are soft, smooth, apply evenly & blend nice as well. The colors are pigmented & show up great. I use the Elf $1 primer under & sometimes a cream base if i can which does help w/ pigmentation. I have a few palettes to pick from & so many gorgeous colors. The great thing about these are within the collection, Elf includes matte, semi- matte, pearl, metallic & shimmer shadows. With different finishes, i find i can complete a look w/ dimension. I dont have to bring different shadows for brow bone or darkening the crease, its all right there. The price makes this even better. I have 5 or so of these palettes & daily i reach for one of them. I have Warm & Cool sets & all of them have some favorite shadows. The lighter shades are great for highlighting brow bone, inner corners, a wash on the lids. The mid tones are great for blending & crease work & the darkest shades are great for outer v & crease work as well as lining the eyes. I say if you were disappointed in the first sets, maybe give a new one a try. I think they are great.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Elf 32 Piece Collection comes in a nice sleek flat black rectangular compact. The palette is great for traveling since a variety of shades are offered, so many looks with these sets. The compact is made of sturdy hard plastic that is durable & resistant to packing them up and banging them around a little bit. Included on the lid is a mirror that is convenient if needed. The front lid has a see thru peep window, which ilike since i have a few & i can tell which colors are inside. The elf logo is located on the front in glossy black lettering. Included is 32 small squares of shadows. I havent had any problems w/ any coming loose or falling out but nothing glue cant fix. 2 double ended foam applicators inside. I like how simple & cute these look & it keeps the product protected too.
Overall, the Elf 32 Piece palettes from Elf are a fav of mine. I collect them & use them all the time. I have some favorite eye shadows within these. They have included gorgeous, unique shadows that anyone can enjoy. I have bought palettes from the more known brands online & have to say I reach for these more often. Less bulky big packaging, these are small enough to fit in a bag & yet I dont feel guilty if i dont use a shadow or two. These are a true bargain but def worth much more. I will def repurchased, already have over the years. I have my own little Elf collection & these are probably one of the top 5 i reach for. I recommend for those who are beginning in makeup since you will get all the colors you need, from neutrals to colorful, day and night time colors for a fraction of the cost. I love too that the different palettes accommodate alot of makeup lovers needs.

on 12/8/2012 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have three of these, so obviously I like them lol. I have the warm one (neutrals and plums), the cool one (greens, pinks, and neutrals), and the colorful one (brights and a few neutrals). Surprisingly, my least favorite is the warm one, which I wouldn't really recommend (but even then it has a few stand out shades). The other two are fabulous though! One thing to keep in mind with these shadows is that they cost $5. They're probably not going to be rivaling MAC or Urban Decay anytime soon. But with a primer and in some cases a white base, these shadows pop. The colorful shades are the best, they're usually pretty pigmented in my experience. The matte shades can be a bit chalky, but they're workable. The warm palette gave me the most trouble, since half of the shades hardly show up, but the other two palettes are a joy to work with. There really is a good variety in these palettes, though a few of the grays end up looking the exact same when in use. With a primer they last pretty much all day. The packaging is very horrible indeed, I broke the lids on my warm and cool ones within a few weeks of purchasing them. Then again, they were only $5 dollars each. All in all, I wouldn't recommend the warm palette, but the other palettes are great! It's a great cheap way to try out a bunch of shades you never would've tried otherwise. These would also be a great stocking stuffer for any kid starting to get into makeup!

on 6/16/2012 2:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It's worth about $5, tops. The case is hard to open until you realize that you have to pull it apart. The selection of colors looks nice in the packaging, however, they disappoint when applied. Even with primer and a base, the color didn't even last 3 hours. The shadows are not pigmented at all and don't apply evenly. Most of the product is lost in the fallout. That being said, I do like some of the colors as they're understated enough for me to get away with at work. This palette should last me a while since I barely use it, so I won't need to repurchase in the future.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

32 shades for $5 is a great deal, but this palette is difficult to work with and I just don't have the patience. I have the neutral palette and some of the colors are really nice. My favorite is probably the rich brown color that is very pigmented, creamy, and not chalky. I wish I could say all the colors in the palette were similar, but they are not. Many of the shadows are very dusty while some of them are nice. The palette frustrates me because I haven't used all the shades, when I'm doing my makeup if I use a shade that is dusty/chalky/very poorly pigmented, I pretty much have to wipe my eyeshadows off and start all over again. I don't really have the patience for it and i didn't see a light brown that was very nice for a neutral look. I liked the pinks in the palette. Idk, for $5 there's no regret, but I wouldn't repurchase when there are drugstore options like Wet n wild that make nice e/s.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Pretty good quality for the price. I like some of the brighter colors in here. A lot of the grays and browns looked the same, but the blues and greens are nice, and a few of the sparkling browns surprised me with how unique they were. Most of these are pretty pigmented, if you use them wet or with a base.

on 3/22/2011 1:48:00 PM

I saw this palette at Target and at 4.99 I could not resist. I had watched a youtube review about it and the person was raving about how wonderful it was, so I gave it shot. However, this is without a doubt the worst eyeshadow palette I've ever tried. E.L.F. makes a lot of great products, but this is not one of them. The pigmentation is horrible and they are extremely chalky. There are a handful of shades that are a little more pigmented but even those are not that great. Even over primer they looked horrible on my lids. You have to layer them several times for the color to really show up, which results in a lot of fall out. The only way I could get them to show up even close to what the color looks like in the pan is to use them over a colored base. I don't think it is worth the trouble. I would not recommend this to anyone and do not even think it is worth the $4.99 I paid for it. There are lot of affordable options at the drugstore that are amazing quality. This is just not worth it. If you are looking for an affordable palette of bright colors to expirement with I would recommend getting one of the 88 palettes. Yes, they are more expensive but the quality is vastly superior.

Has a nice range of colors incuding frosts, mattes, and shimmers. Theres a decent mix of neutrals smokes and brighter colors in this.There are several problems with this palette.Some are very hard and some are uber soft making them a pain to work with. Most are not pigmented at all. Most of them ball up and apply unevenly or are super chalky. You get what you pay for and at five bucks it was worth a try at least.