E.L.F. 32 shadow palette

E.L.F 32 Eye Shadow Collection Everyday Brights

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Methylparaben, Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red No.40 Lake (Cl 16035), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

on 2/15/2012 2:12:00 AM

You pay what you get for. I do like this palette and use it for days I wont be wearing MU for a long time and just want a nice wash of color on the lids. The bronzy colors are really pretty on this

on 2/11/2012 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Horrible! The shadows are chalky, sheer and hard to work with. I'd rather spend more money and get beautiful, smooth shadows. Some of the colours in here are weird too. These's chunky glitter. I'll be giving this to my niece to play with.

on 3/22/2011 1:48:00 PM

I saw this palette at Target and at 4.99 I could not resist. I had watched a youtube review about it and the person was raving about how wonderful it was, so I gave it shot. However, this is without a doubt the worst eyeshadow palette I've ever tried. E.L.F. makes a lot of great products, but this is not one of them. The pigmentation is horrible and they are extremely chalky. There are a handful of shades that are a little more pigmented but even those are not that great. Even over primer they looked horrible on my lids. You have to layer them several times for the color to really show up, which results in a lot of fall out. The only way I could get them to show up even close to what the color looks like in the pan is to use them over a colored base. I don't think it is worth the trouble. I would not recommend this to anyone and do not even think it is worth the $4.99 I paid for it. There are lot of affordable options at the drugstore that are amazing quality. This is just not worth it. If you are looking for an affordable palette of bright colors to expirement with I would recommend getting one of the 88 palettes. Yes, they are more expensive but the quality is vastly superior.

on 3/21/2011 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I agree with the first reviewer..you get what you pay. I bought this palette at Target for 4.99 and the palette does have beautiful colors but the pigmentation sucks. I used this with UDPP and the brighter colors didn't even show up especially the purple..I am always looking for a true purple color. I had to literally dip 3 to 4 times to get the color on my eyelids. The texture is powdery and flies all over the place. I find that the L'oreal Hip colors have better quality eyeshadows for a drugstore brand. I am trying to find good quality eyeshadows so I don't have to buy urban decay and mac all the time but sadly this brand just doesn't work out (their nail polish colors are awesome and so are their brushes but not eyeshadows).

on 4/25/2015 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have the 32 natural palette. It is good for playing with different looks since there is a variety of colors. The quality is not the best but what do u expect from elf.
EDIT: This creases on me like crazy. To the point the creases are black. gross. ( granted I am not using a primer but I have tried other shadows without a primer and they don't do this). I won't be buying anymore ELF eyeshadows.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got this free with my first E.L.F purchase. Rather than impressing me I was really disappointed. At the time I was looking for a nice matt beige/neutal eyeshadow (tried sleek in the end) and used the peach eyeshadow first. It disappeared one hour after applying- this was indoors at home on a cool day it wasn't like the heat melted it or anything. I used the golds too and it was the same. Ironically this free gift almost turned me off buying any E.L.F products again, I was about to purchase 2 of the beauty encloypeadias, thank goodness i didn't. However I kept it thinking that it would stay on with a primer. I'm using ELF mineral primer and it's lasting most of the day which is good. I've tried the pink, browns, greys but yet to try the blues, the glittery ones (which doesn't really appeal to me) and rest of the palette.

I would say that the design of the palette is fairly good- it's not flashy and i didn't find it hard to open at all and it has the bonus of a mirror placed on the lid at eyelid level which is very handy. It's also quite light to lift and carry. The colours are generally placed together in colour groups ie all the greys silvers toegther.

What I have found is that the quality of the eyeshadows is fairly poor-they are chalky and powdery (I got eyeshadow in my contact lenses which has only happened 3 times in 10 years.) The chalkiness makes it look cheap too. I was using a flat brush to pat down the eyeshadow on the lid which is a good method to adopt but you have to use more eyeshadow that usual to build up the colour. Also most of the colours have a silver sheen to them which i quite like but was not expecting.

I'm glad I didn't chuck this out as there is a good range of colours but I would recommend others to check out MUA shadows which are really cheap 1 an eyeshadow and 4 for a palette and much better quality. I won't be buying their powder shadows again but like their studio cream eyeshadows.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I happen to have purchased this in the Everyday Basics Eye Edition. The colors in the palette weren't what I would normally called everyday wearable colors. However, the palette was still workable nonetheless.

I found that some of the eyeshadow colors were more pigmented than others. Unfortunately, there ere some that hardly gave off any color payoff at all. The case that it came in was rather cheap looking. And it felt like it would easily break. Which is why, I had to be extra careful when handling it.

Overall, this palette really didn't impress me. Which is why, I will certainly think twice before ordering any more 32 pc. eyeshadow palettes from E.L.F. again!

I bought the warm 32 palette from E.L.F. towards the beginning of my obsession with makeup (:D). I had seen palettes before and wanted one badly, since I only had a small cheap one with 12 shadows I had gotten from Walgreens for $.99. Since this one wasn't expensive at all (it was $5) and I had decided when I started wearing eyeshadow they weren't going to be hugely bold and most were going to be neutral, I went for it.
At the time, since I didn't know how to test makeup to see if it was quality, I was very excited and happy with this palette, which features silvers, very loose gold sparkles, shades of beige and brown and a shimmery and matte black. Now, however, looking back at this it wasn't worth $5 (which, even though most are only $1, is the reaction I have towards many of the E.L.F. products I buy.)
This palette is extremely hard to open, nearly impossible without breaking a nail! How am I supposed to get it open? With a screwdriver? The shadows are hardly good quality, very chalky and untrue from the pan to the lid. I was very dissapointed when I tried to use both the blacks; they hardly showed up even when wet. The gold sparkle shade isn't shadow; it's loose sparkles that ended up all over my cheeks and was, as I nicknamed it, Fallout City!! I never use this palette anymore, and it is all the way on the bottom of my eye shadow palette collection.

SparklyBeauty
(Feel free to send me a message!)

on 6/27/2011 9:49:00 PM

Well, what did I expect? 32 eyeshadows for 9 was bound to be poor. Firstly, I cracked my nail trying to open the damn thing. Even after owning the Everyday basic palette for 6 months I have to use plastic cuticle sticks to open it. In addition to that, the shadows are chalky, unpigmented and a lot are very similar on the skin (evn if the look different in the pan). This would be great for a teenager on someone who doesn't mind a lack of pigment. I like strong dramatic looks so the powdery palette is next to useless for me. Now, someone please stop me next time I want a 'bargain'!

Has a nice range of colors incuding frosts, mattes, and shimmers. Theres a decent mix of neutrals smokes and brighter colors in this.There are several problems with this palette.Some are very hard and some are uber soft making them a pain to work with. Most are not pigmented at all. Most of them ball up and apply unevenly or are super chalky. You get what you pay for and at five bucks it was worth a try at least.