E.L.F. 32 shadow palette

E.L.F 32 Eye Shadow Collection Everyday Brights

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Methylparaben, Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red No.40 Lake (Cl 16035), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

on 10/30/2013 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I picked up the 32 warm color palette for $5 at Ross about a year ago. At the time, I just learned how to use eyeshadows, so I didn't want to splurge on the Naked palette yet. I love the colors! Pretty much all of them are so wearable, and there's a good mix of shimmery and matte colors. It's such a great bargain, and I believe there are a handful of dupes for the colors in the Naked palette. I use this palette everyday, and even when I pick up the Naked palette in the future, I'll still use the E.L.F palette.

The only problem I had with this was the packaging. One of the hinges snapped, so when I open the palette, the lid hangs to one side. Not a big deal though, so overall, great product!

on 2/8/2013 3:14:00 PM

Got this one in natural. The colors are kind of 50/50, a few are extremely chalky with bad color delivery, and because of that I gave it a 3 instead of 4, it was close though. I do like elf eyeshadows in general, especially the small essentials 4 piece pallettes, so I decided to give this a go. I really love some of these, but as I said, color delivery and chalkyness does vary greatly between all these colors, and some of them will obviously crease. I think it was worth the money, but I really hate the packaging, its extremely difficult to get it open and I wont be using the applicator at all.

on 12/8/2012 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have three of these, so obviously I like them lol. I have the warm one (neutrals and plums), the cool one (greens, pinks, and neutrals), and the colorful one (brights and a few neutrals). Surprisingly, my least favorite is the warm one, which I wouldn't really recommend (but even then it has a few stand out shades). The other two are fabulous though! One thing to keep in mind with these shadows is that they cost $5. They're probably not going to be rivaling MAC or Urban Decay anytime soon. But with a primer and in some cases a white base, these shadows pop. The colorful shades are the best, they're usually pretty pigmented in my experience. The matte shades can be a bit chalky, but they're workable. The warm palette gave me the most trouble, since half of the shades hardly show up, but the other two palettes are a joy to work with. There really is a good variety in these palettes, though a few of the grays end up looking the exact same when in use. With a primer they last pretty much all day. The packaging is very horrible indeed, I broke the lids on my warm and cool ones within a few weeks of purchasing them. Then again, they were only $5 dollars each. All in all, I wouldn't recommend the warm palette, but the other palettes are great! It's a great cheap way to try out a bunch of shades you never would've tried otherwise. These would also be a great stocking stuffer for any kid starting to get into makeup!

I bought the warm 32 palette from E.L.F. towards the beginning of my obsession with makeup (:D). I had seen palettes before and wanted one badly, since I only had a small cheap one with 12 shadows I had gotten from Walgreens for $.99. Since this one wasn't expensive at all (it was $5) and I had decided when I started wearing eyeshadow they weren't going to be hugely bold and most were going to be neutral, I went for it.
At the time, since I didn't know how to test makeup to see if it was quality, I was very excited and happy with this palette, which features silvers, very loose gold sparkles, shades of beige and brown and a shimmery and matte black. Now, however, looking back at this it wasn't worth $5 (which, even though most are only $1, is the reaction I have towards many of the E.L.F. products I buy.)
This palette is extremely hard to open, nearly impossible without breaking a nail! How am I supposed to get it open? With a screwdriver? The shadows are hardly good quality, very chalky and untrue from the pan to the lid. I was very dissapointed when I tried to use both the blacks; they hardly showed up even when wet. The gold sparkle shade isn't shadow; it's loose sparkles that ended up all over my cheeks and was, as I nicknamed it, Fallout City!! I never use this palette anymore, and it is all the way on the bottom of my eye shadow palette collection.

SparklyBeauty
(Feel free to send me a message!)

on 11/18/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A multi-use palette for me; I own the palette that is in the 2nd picture. I do admit that the colors aren't as vibrant as MAC, Nars, Urban Decay, and Benefit shadows but, the use of a primer helps bring out the colors. My favorite colors are the first row (Contains golds and brows). I use this row to shade in my eyebrows, line my waterline, and create a bronze-gold eye. The bottom row is my least favorite (Black and silver colors). 3 of the colors are exactly alike. The ones that do stand alone are either not pigmented enough or too powdery. The shadows also cause fallouts' and fade with time if you do not prime your lids. I find that the green, blue, and purple shadows are difficult to build color. It takes 5-7 swipes for the color to come through on my medium fair skin. Overall, I can't complain for $5. It's a damn good palette for beginners ;)

My complaints
-The palette lid broke off in less than a month
-Bottom row colors too similar
-Bright colors hard to build color
-Some colors too powdery

on 10/15/2011 1:26:00 AM

I think it's important to point out that there are a number of versions of the 32 palette from elf. The one I purchased was the volume 1 version of the back to school line this year. It had the neutral tones whereas the other palette in the back to school line had brighter colours.

I think it's great for the price. There are a lot of great shadows in the palette by most standards. There are a few 'duds' in the palette too which lack strong pigmentation but can be built up. There is only one shade not worth using; the glittery shade (only glitter shadow in the palette) in the top right corner.

The current version of the 32 palette on the site under the Studio palette section comes in three colour options: original ( I think), cool, and warm. The warm selection looks exactly like the one I have, so I recommend you check this out.

Most of the shades are shimmery. There is a nice shimmery medium light taupe and silver taupe; a light pink, champagne, peach, cream, and white shimmer; a couple golden browns; a couple purples and a shimmery burgundy; a terra cotta satin brown shade; only one good dark brown that is slightly olive with some shimmer; and a couple unremarkable blacks.

I will likely purchase another colour option next time I make an elf order.

on 8/11/2011 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first started using makeup, I bought this because I thought it would be a great way to experiment with different eye shadow colors (I went for this instead of the 100 shadow palette because I found that one would have been too overwhelming). It's definitely great for that but the quality of some of the eye shadows are not that great. I found that none of them really wore that long, but it was $5 so I guess that was expected. Since purchasing this, I've discovered better eye shadows (Wet n Wild!). I think this would be a great place to start for eye shadow beginners though because of it's range.

on 3/22/2011 1:48:00 PM

I saw this palette at Target and at 4.99 I could not resist. I had watched a youtube review about it and the person was raving about how wonderful it was, so I gave it shot. However, this is without a doubt the worst eyeshadow palette I've ever tried. E.L.F. makes a lot of great products, but this is not one of them. The pigmentation is horrible and they are extremely chalky. There are a handful of shades that are a little more pigmented but even those are not that great. Even over primer they looked horrible on my lids. You have to layer them several times for the color to really show up, which results in a lot of fall out. The only way I could get them to show up even close to what the color looks like in the pan is to use them over a colored base. I don't think it is worth the trouble. I would not recommend this to anyone and do not even think it is worth the $4.99 I paid for it. There are lot of affordable options at the drugstore that are amazing quality. This is just not worth it. If you are looking for an affordable palette of bright colors to expirement with I would recommend getting one of the 88 palettes. Yes, they are more expensive but the quality is vastly superior.

on 1/1/2011 2:25:00 PM

This is a great palette!!! I've been using this palette for over a month and it's the only thing I use now! Love the colors. It lasts all day long when I use it with the E.L.F eye primer. Great price, great selection of color, cute case and durable! Would def buy again and have already bought one for my sister in-law :-)

on 12/16/2010 8:11:00 PM

I found this palette at ross for only 3.99 it was the only one so I took it. The colors are really nice the only one that bothers me is the second eyecolor on the second row. Its like chuncks of glitter it does really stay on unless you use a damp brush. But other than that I really like it.