E.L.F. 32 shadow palette

E.L.F 32 Eye Shadow Collection Everyday Brights

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Methylparaben, Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red No.40 Lake (Cl 16035), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

I am Elf's biggest fan! I have to say they have amazing products and the 32 piece collection is an amazing palettes, great for beginners to collectors. I have to admit the first couple werent that great but w/ each new one, i think they keep getting better and better!
~~~~~~~~~ PRICE & AVAILABILITY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elf 32 Piece Collection palettes can be found on the eyeslipsface website. Ive also seen them at Target, Big Lots and at some Ross stores. They have released a few different palettes over time so each set may not be available now. The price is great, only $5 or less for 32 shadows is a really really GREAT deal!
~~~~~~~ SHADE/ FORMULA/ PERFORMANCE ~~~~~~~
Elf 32 Piece Collection is a great palette to reach after for a variety of reasons, daily use & great for travel. Depending on which palette I use, so many looks can be achieved. I have the 1st palette that was released up to the most recent, i have to say the formula is far superior now. The eyeshadows keep getting better in quality. The last few i purchased have been great. The colors are very beautiful & soft, creamy. I will briefly say that the first few weren't that pigmented, a little on the hard side & blended & faded away somewhat but the newest ones are way better. The shadows are soft, smooth, apply evenly & blend nice as well. The colors are pigmented & show up great. I use the Elf $1 primer under & sometimes a cream base if i can which does help w/ pigmentation. I have a few palettes to pick from & so many gorgeous colors. The great thing about these are within the collection, Elf includes matte, semi- matte, pearl, metallic & shimmer shadows. With different finishes, i find i can complete a look w/ dimension. I dont have to bring different shadows for brow bone or darkening the crease, its all right there. The price makes this even better. I have 5 or so of these palettes & daily i reach for one of them. I have Warm & Cool sets & all of them have some favorite shadows. The lighter shades are great for highlighting brow bone, inner corners, a wash on the lids. The mid tones are great for blending & crease work & the darkest shades are great for outer v & crease work as well as lining the eyes. I say if you were disappointed in the first sets, maybe give a new one a try. I think they are great.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Elf 32 Piece Collection comes in a nice sleek flat black rectangular compact. The palette is great for traveling since a variety of shades are offered, so many looks with these sets. The compact is made of sturdy hard plastic that is durable & resistant to packing them up and banging them around a little bit. Included on the lid is a mirror that is convenient if needed. The front lid has a see thru peep window, which ilike since i have a few & i can tell which colors are inside. The elf logo is located on the front in glossy black lettering. Included is 32 small squares of shadows. I havent had any problems w/ any coming loose or falling out but nothing glue cant fix. 2 double ended foam applicators inside. I like how simple & cute these look & it keeps the product protected too.
Overall, the Elf 32 Piece palettes from Elf are a fav of mine. I collect them & use them all the time. I have some favorite eye shadows within these. They have included gorgeous, unique shadows that anyone can enjoy. I have bought palettes from the more known brands online & have to say I reach for these more often. Less bulky big packaging, these are small enough to fit in a bag & yet I dont feel guilty if i dont use a shadow or two. These are a true bargain but def worth much more. I will def repurchased, already have over the years. I have my own little Elf collection & these are probably one of the top 5 i reach for. I recommend for those who are beginning in makeup since you will get all the colors you need, from neutrals to colorful, day and night time colors for a fraction of the cost. I love too that the different palettes accommodate alot of makeup lovers needs.

on 2/11/2012 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Horrible! The shadows are chalky, sheer and hard to work with. I'd rather spend more money and get beautiful, smooth shadows. Some of the colours in here are weird too. These's chunky glitter. I'll be giving this to my niece to play with.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Before you apply this shadow make sure you dust your lids with some powder first as then the shadow applies much better. As long as you protect underneath your eyes from the fall out (I use cotton wool pads) then the colours are easy to blend and very wearable. It is also a good way of experimenting with new colours for a really cheap price. I do hate the packaging, once I finally got the lid open I did not shut it again, for fear of not being able to open it again! They are not extralasting shadows but in fairness they do not claim to be. They definitely have enough staying power for a night out though.

on 1/1/2011 2:25:00 PM

This is a great palette!!! I've been using this palette for over a month and it's the only thing I use now! Love the colors. It lasts all day long when I use it with the E.L.F eye primer. Great price, great selection of color, cute case and durable! Would def buy again and have already bought one for my sister in-law :-)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love this palette! I bought it based on a you tube guru and she loved it, as do i. I find the texture and pigmentation to be quality of studio line e/s. I love that u get creams, blues, pinks purples, greens, grays and black basically any color. Pigmentation is awesome and i find they apply and blend so well. Def give this a try if u want to try coastal scents palettes but arent sure. I love that i can do a million looks with 1 palette. I love packaging, black with see thru windows on half of front. Im more of a neutral girl but i want color every once in a blue moon, and this gives me that option. Def great 4 trips bc it got a spectrum of colors. Im e.l.fs biggest fan if u dont know. I love this palette and ive found a few videos on you tube and the girls did some great tutorials and beautiful looks (themakeupchair did a great navy and pink look) im pale and am weary of color but this is helping me put some color into looks without lookin like a clown. So if u want to play around with neutrals or color, pick this up, great 4 anyone. Another wonderful amazing and affordable product from e.l.f! Oh, my love
*update*
i love this palette- the formula/pigmentation isnt the greatest but its pretty darn good that its nothing to complain too much. i recently brought it with me on my vacation (the original palette since they have since come out with a few newer versions) i love em all- the neutral everyday colors and the bright colors, any look you want- theres a shadow for it. its small and compact- great black palette that has stayed together & safe thru airports and traveling. i have had to glue one shadow in since it fell out- no big deal though. I love how i got to play with colors i wouldnt normally get to since im not going out and buying a huge blue or pink shadow that ill use a few times and now i dont have to bc i got them all together. the shadows themselves are about the size of a penny so its plenty to play around with. whats amazing is even if you love one color & are running out- the whole palette is $5- less than what ive paid for a quad from the drugstore. so overall i really have enjoyed this palette from the orginal one to the newer ones theyve released. great idea and great shadows. not the most craziest pigmented but enough for my looks, i dont have to worry about packing on tons of color nor do i have to worry about wow i just applied way too much. great for beginners to learn how to match up looks as well as makeup collectors and lovers like myself. i do reach for it which sometimes my palettes lay around collecting dust but not this. i love how small yet powerful .i love opening up palettes and seeing the huge selection in front of me and thinking of all the possibilities.