E.L.F. 32 shadow palette

E.L.F 32 Eye Shadow Collection Everyday Brights

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Zinc Stearate, Kaolin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Petrolatum, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Methylparaben, Propylparaben MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Mica (Cl 77019), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Yellow No.5 Lake (Cl 19140), Red No.40 Lake (Cl 16035), Ultramarine Violet (Cl 77007), Blue No.1 Lake (Cl 42090)

on 2/8/2013 3:14:00 PM

Got this one in natural. The colors are kind of 50/50, a few are extremely chalky with bad color delivery, and because of that I gave it a 3 instead of 4, it was close though. I do like elf eyeshadows in general, especially the small essentials 4 piece pallettes, so I decided to give this a go. I really love some of these, but as I said, color delivery and chalkyness does vary greatly between all these colors, and some of them will obviously crease. I think it was worth the money, but I really hate the packaging, its extremely difficult to get it open and I wont be using the applicator at all.

on 11/18/2011 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A multi-use palette for me; I own the palette that is in the 2nd picture. I do admit that the colors aren't as vibrant as MAC, Nars, Urban Decay, and Benefit shadows but, the use of a primer helps bring out the colors. My favorite colors are the first row (Contains golds and brows). I use this row to shade in my eyebrows, line my waterline, and create a bronze-gold eye. The bottom row is my least favorite (Black and silver colors). 3 of the colors are exactly alike. The ones that do stand alone are either not pigmented enough or too powdery. The shadows also cause fallouts' and fade with time if you do not prime your lids. I find that the green, blue, and purple shadows are difficult to build color. It takes 5-7 swipes for the color to come through on my medium fair skin. Overall, I can't complain for $5. It's a damn good palette for beginners ;)

My complaints
-The palette lid broke off in less than a month
-Bottom row colors too similar
-Bright colors hard to build color
-Some colors too powdery

on 10/15/2011 1:26:00 AM

I think it's important to point out that there are a number of versions of the 32 palette from elf. The one I purchased was the volume 1 version of the back to school line this year. It had the neutral tones whereas the other palette in the back to school line had brighter colours.

I think it's great for the price. There are a lot of great shadows in the palette by most standards. There are a few 'duds' in the palette too which lack strong pigmentation but can be built up. There is only one shade not worth using; the glittery shade (only glitter shadow in the palette) in the top right corner.

The current version of the 32 palette on the site under the Studio palette section comes in three colour options: original ( I think), cool, and warm. The warm selection looks exactly like the one I have, so I recommend you check this out.

Most of the shades are shimmery. There is a nice shimmery medium light taupe and silver taupe; a light pink, champagne, peach, cream, and white shimmer; a couple golden browns; a couple purples and a shimmery burgundy; a terra cotta satin brown shade; only one good dark brown that is slightly olive with some shimmer; and a couple unremarkable blacks.

I will likely purchase another colour option next time I make an elf order.

on 8/11/2011 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first started using makeup, I bought this because I thought it would be a great way to experiment with different eye shadow colors (I went for this instead of the 100 shadow palette because I found that one would have been too overwhelming). It's definitely great for that but the quality of some of the eye shadows are not that great. I found that none of them really wore that long, but it was $5 so I guess that was expected. Since purchasing this, I've discovered better eye shadows (Wet n Wild!). I think this would be a great place to start for eye shadow beginners though because of it's range.

on 3/22/2011 1:48:00 PM

I saw this palette at Target and at 4.99 I could not resist. I had watched a youtube review about it and the person was raving about how wonderful it was, so I gave it shot. However, this is without a doubt the worst eyeshadow palette I've ever tried. E.L.F. makes a lot of great products, but this is not one of them. The pigmentation is horrible and they are extremely chalky. There are a handful of shades that are a little more pigmented but even those are not that great. Even over primer they looked horrible on my lids. You have to layer them several times for the color to really show up, which results in a lot of fall out. The only way I could get them to show up even close to what the color looks like in the pan is to use them over a colored base. I don't think it is worth the trouble. I would not recommend this to anyone and do not even think it is worth the $4.99 I paid for it. There are lot of affordable options at the drugstore that are amazing quality. This is just not worth it. If you are looking for an affordable palette of bright colors to expirement with I would recommend getting one of the 88 palettes. Yes, they are more expensive but the quality is vastly superior.