Revlon Perplex

Revlon Perplex
Perplex

4.4

on 12/10/2012 10:54:00 AM

This color looks interesting and somewhat complex in the bottle, but it doesn't translate to the nails. On my nails this is a flat purply-plum color.

It chips within a few days too.

on 9/6/2012 11:08:00 AM

This color is lovely! It is a rich, deep purple that never looks black. It applies easily, and is opaque with one coat. I always use two to ensure even application. This polish dries extremely quickly,as well.

Perfect dupe for Chanel's Paradoxal. A must have nail color! I always wear it!

on 3/2/2012 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wonderful inexpensive dupe for Chanel's Paradoxal. Greyed, purple with very subtle pink shimmer. Formula worked fine for me.

One of my better buys with Revlon. Another scavenger hunt to find it--finally at Ulta. Went on very easy and smooth...came out a tinge more on the gray side for my complexion, but still a eye catcher of a polish.

on 11/5/2011 11:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is probably my favourite nail polish. I love muted purple grey tone polish, and this has a sheen/shimmer that is very unique and beautiful. I love it on my toes, which is kind of a waste as the shimmer is not visible. I only wear nude on my fingers though, dark colours are too much for my fingers, I think, though it looks great on other people.

on 7/21/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

a pretty yet chic greyed violet shot with deep blue (ultra-violet) frosting. good quality as are all revlon nail enamels. Like the shade but don't love it. I prefer more taupe/mushroom shades.

on 5/30/2011 9:33:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wanted to love this color, I heard so much about it and began the search for a bottle since I guess it was discontinued a while back. They had a rack of them at my local Big Lots so I grabbed one. It was only $1 and I'm glad, for starters the brush was a nightmare. I had to trim out some rogue bristles that don't lay flat. It could've happened because for some reason people at Big Lots like to freaking play with polish and paint the surrounding shelving rather than buy it, but it could also just be cheap brushes from Revlon. I should've checked the brush before I bought it so it was really my own fault.

In the bottle it's a gorgeous muddy purple with lighter purple iridescence. On my nails it was just a muddy purple, where did the glow go?

Disappointed, I'll probably wear it again and layer "I Juggle Men" over it or something and see if that can bring the spark back, but otherwise I give this a pass, I'm sure I can find the perfect dusty purple one day.

on 5/21/2011 2:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was on clearance at the local Rite Aid, and I can see why. It's a strange color, and this is coming from a graphic designer who seeks out strange colors :) It's not for everyone, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. How to describe it? Like melted chocolate with some milky grape mixed in, and then if you throw a touch of iridescence on top of that. I'm still not sure if I like it? It looks like my fingertips were dipped in dirty melted chocolate.

on 3/21/2011 4:00:00 AM

We don't get Revlon in Europe but I did buy one bottle of Paradoxal and loved the color so much that halfway through searched desperately for a "cheaper" replacement. Thanks to all you bloggers out there I found Perplex on Ebay (okay, the shipping was a lot more but got two bottles for less than one bottle of Paradoxal). All things considered this is an EXCELLENT dupe. As others have said, Perplex is a smudge darker, leaning more towards darker purple than the pink, but I think this is due to more glimmer (reds and pinks) in the Paradoxal. Excellent quality as well, application, staying power. If Perplex really is a limited edition (not clear - is it?) there is a core-line dupe available from Great Britain's store called Barry M "Dusky Mauve". These come in 10 ml bottles (smaller compared to Perplex 14.7 ml) and cost 2,95 British pounds plus 5 pound delivery (international). Dusky Mauve is also a fantastic dupe, this one leaning more towards grayish-pink. Has noticably more pink glimmers in it making it just SLIGHTLY lighter than Paradoxal and even lighter than Perplex. But mind you ladies, this is with enormous scrutiny. For all intents and purposes, both are very nice dupes for Paradoxal. You can see a link for the latter here:

Popular Polishes