Tom Ford Pink Dusk

Tom Ford Pink Dusk
Pink DuskPink DuskPink DuskPink Dusk

4.2

on 4/12/2017 2:05:00 PM

Pros: creamy, sophisticated, some shades are unique, moisturizing and long lasting. Cons: should be applied with careful since they are extremely creamy and to be kept in refrigerator.

on 12/26/2016 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This was my second Tom Ford lipstick, and I love the formula. It feels creamy and comfortable on the lips, and just makes my dry lips look soft. The color is a very pretty light- medium pink on my NC30 (medium olive) skin tone. I just wasn't blown away with this color on me personally. Although I think it is a pretty pink, it didn't light up the face, or flatter in any special way and for $53 I didn't want to keep a lipstick that expensive if I wasn't wowed by it. That said, it would probably look great on a lot of skin tones and is a good "everyday pink." If I had more money to burn I would totally keep It. I just preferred Tom Ford'sBlush nude a little more because it lit up the face although a lighter shade of pink/nude.

Pink Dusk is an amazing rosy-nude that suits any complexion from quite pale to a rich medium. It is a great every day color and the best lipstick to start from if you are new to Tom Ford makeup line.

I believe this can be worn on its own with quite a simple makeup or be that best nude lipstick to pair up with smokey eyes without becoming a ghost in flesh (like some very nude lipsticks manage to make you look like).

Pink Dusk is so wearable you will find yourself running out from it quite soon after purchasing it. Great option for those who like a bit of something on their lips but nothing crazy at the same time. Very sophisticated choice!

For more thoughts on Tom Ford lipsticks you can check this review below. Hope it helps to make up your mind on whether to buy it or not!

For more thoughts on Tom Ford lipsticks you can check the post below. Hope it helps in your decision making!

The absolute must-have for my signature everyday look. HG!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My first Tom Ford lipstick. I will maybe buy another shade but don't plan on replacing this one. The lipstick is opaque, with a satin finish. The colour however is really nothing special. I was hoping for a nude/pink/MLBB but on my lips the pink doesn't show, its a warm nude which is nice, but nothing that special really especially considering the price.

The formula is lovely, the pigmentation is great, it wears nicely (lasts a while and wears evenly off) but again for me the colour just doesn't bring it up above average and there are dupes.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought my first Tom Ford lipstick the first time the line came out a few years ago with the white packaging. I have gone through 3 tubes of Pink Dusk in one year! It is the perfect, creamy, MLBB lipstick with a cool-tone. It is perfect by itself but looks best with a smoky eye. Having naturally dry lips, this was a miracle for me. It also was the most flattering MLBB for my NC30-tone skin, and lasts for at least 3 hours before fading into a nice pink. It feels luxurious one and so does throwing that beautiful tube into your purse! While I have to some save money now, I would definitely buy it again even though it is a little steep (at around $50+ now). It has a sweet, gourmand scent that immediately fades. It is like MAC's vanilla scent but with a little depth and some chocolate, nothing that smells artificial. Those who don't like thick-feeling lipstick may not enjoy it as much. Has a satin, demi-matte finish despite its creamy consistency.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know this is a really popular color, but the texture and finish of this shade just doesn't work for me. I have 2 other Tom Ford lipsticks, both of which I love. This one seems to drag across my lips and accentuate any hint of dryness. I've tried exfoliating first and priming with a lip balm which helps only marginally. Too much work for what is a MLBB shade. And, bummed because it's the color I wanted most.

on 5/15/2014 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Although I already owned a number of nice pinkey-brown-nude lipsticks at a much lower price point, I recently invested in Tom Ford's Pink Dusk. And yes, I do find $49 for a lipstick over the top expensive. The packaging is really gorgeous, heavy, high quality material, great design. I do agree that the shade can be duped for less money. The issue I often have with nude pinks is that either the coverage is good but then they are usually drying, or, when they feel creamy and comfortable, the coverage on my pigmented lips is subpar and they barely show up. What justifies Pink Dusk's crazy price tag is the fact that it covers my lips with one swipe and wears like a dream. It does not wash me out, and it has decent staying power. I also love the vanilla scent. So yes, definitely a splurge, but I do not regret the purchase.

on 5/15/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

So I succumbed to the blogs and other reviews. Paid a crazy amount of money for a nice lipstick. Yes, it's a nice lipstick. But it really is not worth $49. There are plenty of other high quality pretty lipsticks in pretty cases (Armani, Chanel) that are less than $49.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Okay, so I am going to have to partially agree with the last reviewer with the feeling of being "swindled." That being said, I think the packaging is so luxurious. I think the color is really pretty. It's not a dry formula. I will say I have other lipsticks that perform similarly and also worse than this. It does not last as long as I would like it. That's disappointing to me. It looks very pretty with the Tom Ford lip lacquer gloss on top and it seems to feel better, look better and last longer....that being said, you are making a huge investment for a decent lip look/feel if you need to layer those 2 products. These are NOT cheap. I picked this up at Selfridges in London and OUCH, what a splurge at $60 USD (I think it's more like $50 in the states). So, I feel mixed and I probably would not repurchase, but it is a pretty color and a pretty package. I'll probably stick to Chanel Coco Rouge lippies, as they never disappoint me in wear, longevity, performance. *sigh*

EDIT: I find myself reaching for this as an everyday lipstick...EVERY day. I still use a lipbalm or Dior lip maximizer gloss underneath, but I just can't help myself in using this. I am adding 1 lippie back and I'm still not sure if I'd repurchase, but this TF outrageously expensive lipstick is growing on me...I'll update again. If I think about the price tag I cringe, but I am a sucker for the heavy luxurious packaging and the color does look pretty darn good on me!

EDIT: Okay, it's been almost a year since I purchased this and I have gone from feeling sick about spending so much on a lipstick, to being so in love with this color / formula. I am pretty obsessed with it and wear it ALL the time. It's kind of in the league of MLBB and it's just so gorgeous. I'm pretty sure I would have to repurchase if/when I ran out or lost it. I keep my lips in good condition and don't seem to need to layer this with anything else (unless I want to). Ugh. I'm only keeping this at 4 lippies, simply because that price point is just cruel!