95%
package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

Light rose pink creme. I would say this is not really a mauve because I don't see any purple in it. Almost has a light shimmery quality, but not too much. A classic shade that will go with many skin tones, in my opinion year round, why not? OPI's Nantucket Mist is one of my favorite colors ever. This reminds me of a lighter version of that. Opaque in one to two coats. Even though this is Sally Hansen's insta dri formula it takes just as long to dry as regular nail polish. It also goes on a bit thick so I think next time I wear it, I'm going to put some nail polish thinner in it first. All in all though not bad. I would buy it again. Update: The first swatch photo that comes up in this series of reviews is showing up way more shimmery than the polish I have. I also posted a picture for you so can see the difference :-)

About reviewer (84 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

a year ago

I used to hate this line of nail polish when it first can out but they could have changed the formula. I think I last tried it 8 years ago and I could not get it evenly on my nails then . The new Color Mauve it was so pretty I decided to take a bet and try it. The formula is good too, one coat is actually quite good to go, not patchy at all, smooth and the Color is Super nice . A pink brown safe for office . The brush is nice and fat . So shiny too

About reviewer (534 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3 years ago

A pretty colour, although I didn't notice it had a slight frosty shimmer in store.. formula is great! Although, I wear it on my toes and it shows up as a nude colour on me..

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

6 years ago

I'm pleasantly surprised with this polish! I really like the color, although it doesn't really look like the photo someone posted here. It's darker and not as pink as the picture. It goes on well, dries quickly as promised, and with a top coat hols up nicely. Much more impressed with this than much higher end polishes. I'll def. repurchase! FYI, Mauve it is a warm color.

About reviewer (189 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

7 years ago

By far the best polish I've tried - and not just the pretty pink colour (which looks fab with a coat of shimmery polish over it). The brush covers the nail quickly and evenly and you can get away with a single coat. I put on two coats and the first small chip came on the fifth day and that was after four days of golfing on vacation. Only comment would be it's quite thick but maybe that's why it covers so well with one coat and stays put. I can't believe how quickly it dries - less than a minute (literally). Going to buy a few more colours tomorrow. You can't beat the price and you get better quality than the expensive dept. store brands.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

7 years ago

I have purchased about a dozen colors in the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri and I believe Mauve It has to be my favorite. It's a very flattering neutral shade and it's great for putting over other nail polishes to give them a different look. I've found that as I get older I can't wear darker colors on my nails as it makes my hands look older. I loved dark colors at one time but now I don't really reach for them very much. This shade really gives my hands a more youthful look. Lately I have been trying to switch over to Zoya polishes but I will say that I love the large brush, quick application and quick dry time on the Inst-Dri. Prices are good too so it's more affordable to collect a lot of shades.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

7 years ago

Mauve it is a soft shiny pink-mauve nail polish. It goes well on the application, it brings a soft luminosity to the nails! Verry pretty for summer! Love it!

About reviewer (1507 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

I like this color. It's definitely not mauve, more like a rich cross between peach and baby pink. Works well on my dark cool tone skin as it has more red than yellow tones. I enjoy the insta dri line... I was just on my way to a baby shower last minute and polished my nails with this just as I ran out the door. No chips or smudges and I even carried a cake to the car about two minutes after I painted them.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

2.0

8 years ago

Meh. Too thick and gloppy in texture. Nice color though. It doesn't dry THAT fast. I screwed it up after putting two coats, about 4 minutes apart and after maybe 2 minutes of waiting.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

3.0

8 years ago

Yeah, I really, really like this color alot on my hands. Just a perfect shade of pink with a bit of mauve and some subtle shimmer. The only drawback for me is that I only used this polish about 4 times and then it sit awhile (I only had it for some months, at least 6 I guess) and it went thick in the bottle and was not workable. I like the color so much that I was thinking of getting another bottle, but not sure. I did find some nail polish thinner at Sally's Beauty Supply but have never tried the stuff, may be worth it to see how it does. To me, this color is a 'go to" so we'll see..

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool