Carmex Click Stick Original SPF 15

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Make my dry lips smooth and the strong taste make my lips swollen and bigger.

on 4/19/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I hate both the minty feeling of this and the smell. I wanted something with SPF to protect my lips under my lipsticks so I got this. But it goes on so oily that it doesn't work that well when worn layered. As for how moisturizing it is, meh, it isn't great. But I will continue to bear with this until I'm done. Will not repurchase!

on 2/20/2016 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Old but gold. It's a must-have in your make-up stash. Hydrates, works great on chapped lips, works like a charm as a base before matte lipsticks, the scent is minty and refreshing... even my bf uses it :D

I love this! I have dry chapped lips and peeling too. I have a bad habit at picking and biting my lips. I have tried so many lip balms, from Dior, Eos, Chapstick, Burts Bees, Maybelline baby lips, Palmers, Dr. Lipp, etc. I've spent my fair share of money and I love this one. My lips stay soft and hydrated and does start peeling like crazy. However the flavored ones of Carmex still makes me peel but not the original one. I always like to use Carmex as my base before putting on any lipsticks or lip glosses. 👍👍👍

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I keep a bunch of these around my house and in my purses. In my opinion, this product is the best compared to Chapstick and Burt bee's.

I lightly tap this on my lips. Leaves my lips feeling moisturized and gives a sheen. Definitely would repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This past winter/spring, I had a bad eczema flare up on my lips and nothing would soothe it. I tried Vaseline, Blistex, Burt Bees, Nivea, Eucerin.you name it. Carmex is the only one that finally moisturized my lips without having to be re-applied every 5 minutes, and since using it the eczema is now gone! I highly recommend this to anyone suffering with something similar and havent tried Carmex yet I live in Canada and can only find it at Target in my area. I will be buying many more to stash everywhere.

on 12/3/2012 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is my go to lip moisturizer. I love how long it lasts on my lips. I've used a lot of other "chapsticks" and this one is by far my absolute favorite. Other lip moisturizers always seem to fade after minutes of wear but carmex can last hours.

I like putting it on before I go to bed. When I wake up in the morning I brush my teeth then I brush my lips and it brushes away all the old dry skin that was on there leaving it soft and smooth. I know it might sound weird but you guys need to try it, you won't regret it!

Seriously, I don't know why I ever try to stray from this stuff. I've tried the eos, Jack Black (which I do like), and countless others. None of them quite give me the same results that this does. I've been having serious issues with my lips being flaky and cracking, but I just picked up the tube on my dresser and use it and my lips have done a complete 180. Cheap, and EFFECTIVE. I love this stuff!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have been a Carmex user for years and only recently did i realize i think its making my lips worse off. I do still use it once or more daily but have been trying not to use it so much and see if it will help.
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
Carmex products can be found in most drugstores and mass stores like Walmart & Target. They can be found in the chapstick aisles. The price of Carmex has remained the same over the years and is very inexpensive. The cost per stick is typically around $1 which is a great price since you only need a little bit. The jars are around the same price. Im not sure the exact ounces of product per stick or jar & which one is the best value, ill update when i do. But they are priced very cheap!
=FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
I have not tried the new Carmex vanilla flavors but have tried the original & cherry versions. Carmex does have its own particular scent & i can name the scent from anything. Its not very strong but does have somewhat of a medicated scent to it. What i grew to love about Carmex lip balm is the formula. Its very thick and covers the lips very well. It coats very chapped lips great and gives an instant relief. If you do have any over chapped areas (it sounds gross but i do bite the skin on my lips esp if theyre getting chapped) it will make a slight tingle on the lip areas. Its not painful tingle but almost a relief like i know its working. Thats what i love so much is that i knew when i was putting it on, my lips wouldnt hurt no more. I have always had extremely dry lips ever since i can remember. its probably because i have bad allergies and snore at night which means my mouths open through the nite, leaving my lips exposed to the air as well as i have dry skin overall. So i have not found another chapstick or balm that compares to Carmex. Its a heavy duty chapstick & works on my lips to give relief. My lips do feel moisturized and smooth for around an hour so you do have to reapply quite a bit throughout the day. This is where i found out that i think this is an addictive balm meaning- if you start using it daily repeatedly, you will HAVE to use it like this for years otherwise your lips are more chapped without it. I am not sure if its the medication in the chapstick or if its the thick formula not allowing your lips to breath but i thought this "helped my chapped lips" but i think it makes my lips more chapped in the long run. It was hard not to reach for it every hour but eventually i tried to let my lips heal on their own so now i dont need to use it as much- only when my lips are really bad or i want to wear lipstick. I really do love this stuff but its addicting and i dont think its good for long term use but we all have different lips and needs so i hope its great for everyone else. I do love it but i realized it was probably making my lips worse in the end.
=PACKAGING=
The new updated Click Stick is def more practical and conveient then the original jar Carmex that i grew up with. I still love both and have a jar laying around home and the oringal click sticks for traveling in my purses or bags since i hate to dig my finger in a jar when im out and about. The click stick is def easy and small & can be brought anywhere. The stick is mechanical so you can twist up and down as much product as you would like. I havent had any problems with any getting stuck up or down. I do know that once you get so far, there is still a tiny bit of product left at the end that the stick wont allow you to twist up any further. The formula is the same as the jar. The stick has a yellow stick with a red cap. This keeps it secure in your bag.
Overall, i am def a big Carmex fan. Its great for those with chronic dry or chapped lips. Def great for anyone looking for relief when when they have dry lips. This is great when you have a cold too bc you know we always get those dry chapped lips when were sick. I love the formula & how smooth it makes my lips. I will always continue to buy these and the jars over and over bc my lips dont like any other chapstick or balm ive tried. This is def the only thing that helps!

on 12/3/2010 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Carmex is totally the product I hate to love. I strongly disliked the scent for a long time, after having this smeared on me as a child. I find the click stick to be more hygenic and convenient than the pot. Nothing does a better job of protecting lips against the harsh and windy winters in Chicagoland. It does feel greasy upon application, but for those living in harsh weather conditions, consider it a winter staple.