Diptyque Eau Duelle

No Image

3.9

I sampled this and now I wish I hadn't because it's so comforting and nice, but it's a perfume I think that would work better in fall and winter so I might purchase it then. We'll see. It smells like a spicy vanilla. Vanilla mixed with spices and sitting by a fireplace or campfire. I can't really discern the notes but it's so lovely. Even in this humid summer heat it's not too much. But I have a dabber sample not a spray sample so perhaps it would be a little much for summer were I to have sprayed it on as I usually do with perfume. Very beautiful scent and I most likely will be getting this in the 1.7 oz size. I need to compare it to the eau de parfum but this is lovely.

on 7/30/2016 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

A nice dry vanilla which is why I bought this based on another review, but there's also something vaguely buggy about it. Pretty but no complexity, good lasting power, but like all other Diptique scents there's no sillage.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

A great vanilla spice, more vanilla than spice and woods, but all are present throughout the fragrance's wear, especially frankincense. A unique fragrance element. Also the unique aspect of juniper lends a subtle fruitiness that does not take away from this being a subtle vanilla spice, but gives it an almost green effervenscence that makes the fragrance at least approachable for warm months as well as colder, at least for me, but I am not a traditionally fruity/sweet floral/sugary summer fragrance person, so that's something. Got this for my Mom as it is more vanilla than overtly purely woodsy or spicy, which is what I would have preferred slightly to what this actually is, a more vanilla fragrance, and she likes some vanilla to her woods and spices sometimes too. To note, she likes Burberry Brit and was a fan of the original formula of Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar befire the modern formula with added shea butter that diluted the scent and BBW classic but usually unavailable White Tea and Ginger.

Note. This review pertains to the Eau de Toilette of this fragrance. Eau de Parfum is said to be different in ratios of the notes, though all notes are still present and are the same. I have not smelled/tried the EDp.

on 9/25/2014 4:55:00 PM

this just smells like cheap incense on my skin. no vanilla. nothing sweet. very disappointed

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love it! If you want a vanilla without smelling like a cookie (the Jessica Simpson line comes to mind) this is tasteful elegant and subtle. And lasts on me all day. Worth the money. You get what you pay for with Diptyque!!

on 10/31/2015 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have a 15 ml manufacturers spray vial of ED, one of five fragrances in a holiday coffret. It's fresh, unisex (office appropriate and three season), woody, green with light incense and vanilla musk. In comparison with Andy Tauers extremely opinionated Incense Flash or Vanilla Flash, ED is relatively conservative and quiet. Very nice. This is vanilla, but not particularly gourmand or sweet that way. In its favor, it is not powdery. Light enough where I do not mind spraying, and I am a dabber and dislike sillage. Its a vanilla that will not be at all cloying even in the warmer weather. Well done, and because it's so wearable, I will probably reach for it often. However, it's not something that elicits great passion. Agree with the review of Gother below that it somewhat lacks personality.

Edit : I don't often reach for this mainly because I forget it exists (i rotate through a number of fragrances and this brand is not top of mind) but if you want a wearable, friendly vanilla that doesn't smell like a cupcake, this is a possibility. It could also double (like others in the Diptyque coffret) as a restrained, upscale room spray.

on 3/3/2014 7:20:00 PM

Someone recommended it so I sprayed it on in the store. At first was like, "ew" then it grew on me. I refuse to pay for it, but everytime I go to the store, I spray it all over me. Lower the price and I'll buy it.

on 8/25/2013 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

As a former diptyque employee, I must confess that their scents are not for me. I can totally appreciate the artistry and timelessness of the fragrances, but would never really buy them of my own volition...with the exception of Eau Duelle. I am a die hard gourmand scent wearer. Since diptyque fragrances are largely derived from natural essences, foody scents are out of the question. Duelle is the closest they do to a gourmand scent and it is absolutely divine. Another reviewer put it best: this is vanilla, all grown up. The bitter burst of black tea and juniper keeps the fragrance's opening lively and interesting. The cardamom and saffron elements are completely unique IMO and not something everyone's nose can detect; very subtle and warm. Overall, the scent fades to a delicate incense, which reminds me of Indian holidays at home with my family. This EDT is incredibly sophisticated and since the vanilla in question is bourbon vanilla, it does not err on the side of BBW or anything generic. I would never relegate this perfume to a season. It is always perfect to me and blends beautifully with other diptyque scents. A must for vanilla-lovers everywhere.

on 10/14/2013 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Sorry folks, I hated this one. Normally rich, woody vanillas are right up my alley but Eau Duelle leaves me feeling queasy. The vanilla has a distinctly indigestible feeling--sickly sweet and slightly nausea inducing. It's not a badly made perfume, but obviously there is some aromachemical in it that does not agree with me.

Subtle, spicy (peppery) vanilla scent. Not too in your face. Love it!!!

Popular Fragrances