eos Lip Balm Sphere - Pomegranate Raspberry

eos Lip Balm Sphere - Pomegranate Raspberry

3.1

Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Beeswax/Cera Alba (Cire D'abeille)*, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Natural Flavor (Aroma), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Stevia Rebaudiana Leaf/Stem Extract*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil*, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract*, Linalool**. *Organic. **Component of Natural Flavor. Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth

on 11/8/2016 5:42:00 PM

I recentlyy purchased this EOS lip balm and immediately had a problem with it. It seems like the stevia sweetner they use had crystalized and was very sharp on my lips when used. I contacted the company and they wanted me to send it back so they could investigate whether they were at fault then they would send me a coupon for a free one.
I explain to them that I have been a customer of theirs for years and even sent them a picture of all of the empty lip balm containers that I still have laying around. Thei r email made me feel like I was trying to falsely get a product from them for free.
So I have just decided to find another company to get lip balm from and not have to deal with this kind of attitude. It's a shame because I have been with them for years and even purchase things to give my granddaughter's from them and I will no longer be doing that.
Corporate greed does not sit well with me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I got this as a gift. I find that it worked better for me if I put a thin amount using my fingers. My lips didn't really dry up like what the others mentioned. 4 out of 5 because the packaging is bulky. And cute. But bulky.

on 12/12/2015 1:08:00 PM

Some eos smell better than others the ones with the good smell are vanilla mint , sweet mint, summer fruit , blackberry nectar, honeysuckle honeydew ,vanilla bean LE and lemon drop. The others all have a faint fruit smell and its a plasticy smell. I thought the pomegranate one smelled good until I discovered ot really doesn't the fruit smell can barely be detected same with strawberry sorbet bluberry acai and the coconut milk which actually gags me it stinks so bad nothing like coconut but milky plastic.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Okay so this lip balm is one of the most "love it or hate it" type of products I've ever seen.

I got it as a gift for Christmas one year. Right away, I liked the packaging. The smell is nice, I detected both raspberry and pomegranate which is a good combo.

Now, this stuff isn't really moisturizing. Lets get that out of the way. I didn't find it drying on my lips like many others who have reviewed, but I didn't find it hydrating either. As far as that area is concerned, it sort of did nothing for me.

The reason I found myself using this almost every day, is because the waxy consistency makes it a great lip primer. What I'd do, is apply a moisturizing lip balm, let it sink in while I did the rest of my makeup, then put this stuff on and apply lipstick over it immediately. I'm not sure what it is about this product but it really helps the longevity of lipstick. I'm not saying it's a miracle from above or anything... but I notice a difference.

Sadly, when I was dog-sitting my mom's dogs, one of them got a hold of this and was somehow able to get it open and proceed to eat the entire half-sphere of the actual lip balm. I'll probably repurchase it one day but it isn't something I had to run out and buy again right away and is also not something I'd go out of the way for.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I liked this product at first; my lips never used to get chapped, so I would only use it once in a while to keep them soft. But then, as the result of playing a wind instrument, my lips started feeling a bit chapped for the first time in years. I figured using this would help get my lips back to the way they were, but, instead, they made them far worse. For some reason I stuck with this for several weeks after, at which point my lips were completely dry, cracked, and constantly bleeding.
I ended up switching over to Burts Bees, and my lips went back to normal within 2 days.

on 6/23/2015 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love the fact that my lips feel so soft and smooth after using it. It has a sweet taste which I don't like though. When applying it is fun. The texture for me is fine. In some ways, this is better than my beloved Carmex because it makes my lips so soft. I will be using both from now on.

on 5/25/2015 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Picked one up for under $3.00 for a 10 year friend of my 10 year old DD's, No issues. Smells lightly of fruit. Fun packaging that girls love. Inexpensive.

I wish I could like this product, I do. I don't have high expectations of lip balms, I like a chapstick just fine. But this has a gross faux fruit scent and it just feels greasy on my lips.My lips aren't moisturized and don't stay moisturized. I like the Sweet Mint version if only for the scent and tingle alone and this version just doesn't deliver. My lips feel dryer after using it. At least it isn't overly expensive but ill just stick with chapstick

Got this as a gift from a family member and was so excited to put some on because I had previously heard raves about it on YouTube channels, but I was utterly disappointed with this product because:
- it made the skin around the edges of my lips itch like mad
- it stung a little a few seconds after application and it stayed that way throughout until I washed it off.

tried the pomegranate raspberry first and Decided maybe I'm allergic to this particular flavor, then I tried lime crime and it gave me the same nasty reaction.

- product packaging is unique but bulky
- not as moisturizing as I thought it would be
- dragged on lips upon application
- did not do anything to help my lips whatsoever

It's pretty cheap so I shouldn't have expected much. Will not repurchase.

I love EOS lip balms and probably have about 15 in my collection. That being said, if you're looking to help chapped lips don't expect this to do the job. It's great for everyday moisturizing but if you need something heavier duty stick to Blistex or Chap Stick brand.