e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation

e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation
Flawless Finish FoundationFlawless Finish FoundationEnter TitleFlawless Finish Foundation

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octyl Salicylate 2%, Titanium Dioxide 5.5% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Boron Nitride, Barium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 6/8/2018 11:38:00 AM

OK. I love the price of most e.l.f. products and the packaging for this foundation is really neat and looks like a high end product. first when I got it I liked it so much and liked how my skin looked so refreshed when I used it. But for some reason it causes me to get runny eyes and nose and I got a very bad allergic reaction every time I used it or the BB cream and even their concealers. I don't know what they are using in the formula but the foundation is a bit powdery when I apply it and shows pores. It has a very strong unpleasant scent as well. I do not recommend it and have eliminated most elf products from my daily makeup and routine as it has become very irritant and causes my skin to break out and my eyes to hurt for weeks after using it once. Hope you found my review helpful. If so, please hit the helpful button so I know. Thakns so much for reading.

I like the coverage this gives. Feels like it costs a lot more than it does.
It has good light colors for those who have a hard time matching their skin to the dark drugstore brands, like Cover Girl, Maybelline, Neutrogena. I find that although those brands offer light shades, they’re too pink.
My only complaint is it does set powdery and my skin seems a little dry after application. However, as the day goes on my natural oils bring back my natural dewiness.
I’d like a foundation like this that sets a little dewier.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a good--not great--low end foundation, and even though I do not love it I would probably buy it again. It doesn't really last all that well, but since the formula is somewhat mousse-y it has a lovely finish on the skin. The packaging is very nice, and if ELF can do nice glass bottles with pumps like this I don't know why every brand can't. The shade range still needs some work, which of course is true for many brands so I don't hold it against ELF that much. One thing to be aware of, though, is the scent; it smells very waxy/powdery, like a really old school lipstick smell. I kinda like it, but I can see how many people might be bothered by it. Overall, for the price it is good, but I do wish it would last longer before it breaks down.

on 5/4/2018 12:47:00 AM

I wanted to love this, and initially thought I would. I'm very fair and the lightest shade gave me a beautiful natural glow with great coverage. Unfortunately, it didn't last long. Within a few hours, the makeup appeared very greasy on my dry skin and wore off. I tried it again with primer and setting powder with the same results. I also noticed that I developed small red spots on my nose after use. Also, the smell was really odd and didn't seem to go away after application.

on 4/24/2018 10:31:00 PM

Didn't like this foundation. Just after 2 hours or so it looked cakey on my face and it doesn't cover well. The shade is ok. I don't like the consistency and the smell. Could be because of the spf15 but I would never again buy this.

I have to say, I was really surprised by this product! I bought it just because I was out of my usual foundation, and just needed something cheap and cheerful for the time being, but it has such a beautiful finish! It looks Incredibly natural, yet still smoothes out every last pore, covers redness and discoloration, and doesn't look too dewy, or too matte. The coverage can vary depending on what you use to apply it. If you use a makeup sponge, it's light to medium, but it can be very easily applied with a brush for a higher coverage. My only slight criticism is that it does oxidize a little bit, but not enough to warrant any concern, so long as you blend it down your neck. And praise the heavens, IT COMES WITH A PUMP!! Overall, love this foundation, and may even use it as my go-to now.

on 3/9/2018 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I’m happy to report that I love this foundation. I wanted to try it several times before reviewing, so I used this then tried a couple of my other faves just to be sure. This provides great coverage (I apply a second coat on my nose which tends to be red unfortunately), makes my skin feel silky and does a decent job keeping oil at bay (I use NYX pore filler as a primer and set it with e.l.f. Soft Luminance loose powder). I apply with e.l.f. small stipple brush or FLOWER beauty’s beauty blender. Couldn’t be more pleased with the results!

on 1/9/2018 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Overall, I love ELF products, which are generally of excellent quality. On my search for a foundation that I love, I gave this one a shot. I am disappointed. The closest color to my skintone, Sand, looked great going on, but quickly turned a little dull (which tells me that it oxidized a bit). Even though I applied it with a dry beauty sponge, the coverage was thin and the finish didn't dry down into something attractive. This is the first ELF product I've ever tried that actually felt, well, cheap. My foundation quest continues.

on 12/10/2017 11:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Honestly this is a wonderful foundation. It blends very well on the skin and provides excellent coverage. It is satin, yet it somehow prevents my oily skin from going haywire. My only gripe is that the pump is a little stiff and the lightest shade only properly matches me in the summer when I am more tan in complexion (the colour selection in general is poor), also some people may be opposed to the slightly chalky(?) scent but I am not against it. Overall this is a great foundation, highly recommend.

on 11/14/2017 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this foundation, prior to now having found my holy grail of foundations, which is the LA Colors Truly Matte foundation (which is why, had I purchased the LA Colors Truly Matte foundation first, I honestly wouldn't have never ended up buying the E.LF. Flawless Finish one at all). Now, the shade range for the E.L.F. Flawless Finish foundation is definitely lacking. However, that's always the case with any foundation range that E.L.F. comes out with. I don't typically buy foundations that have added fragrance to them, because I typically find such to be a huge turnoff, when it's added to foundations period. But, because this foundation has gotten a lot of rave reviews on YouTube and I love buying from E.LF., I finally decided to cave in and give this foundation give it a try, nonetheless. I will say that you can get medium-to-full coverage with this foundation, by using the E.L.F. Ultimate Blending Brush. Now, I do smell the added fragrance in the foundation, but it is bearable (at least to me). And, this foundation definitely MUST be set with powder, because it does not dry fully matte on the face at all. It has a semi-matte finish to it, which on some people may appear as semi-dewy, and this foundation definitely will transfer if not set properly set with finishing powder.

The packaging is nice for this foundation, and I do like that it does come with a pump. Which does make it very easy to dispense.

I have not gotten any major breakouts from the foundation, however, it is not a foundation that I plan on purchasing again, because there's nothing overly special about this foundation, that I have personally found (however to others they actually love this foundation and it happens to be a favorite of theirs, therefore to each his own). So, the only way to tell if you'll really end up loving it or not, you'd have to personally try it out for yourself. Also, it is definitely very noticeable, in regards to the the fact that the shade range needs to bemajorly improved upon. I did get the shade Sand, which thank God didn't make me look super pale or end up looking super orange on me either, however, there honestly isn't a shade within the line that is a complete shade match for me at all. And, I also wish that E.LF. would take the fragrance out of this foundation. Because, even though I do find it to be bearable, it is still a con, nonetheless, when it comes to any foundation (whether it's cheap or expensive). Also, you get way less than 1 oz. of foundation (which is why I don't understand why E.L.F. sells it for $6). However, besides the cons that I mentioned, this foundation is worth giving a try, nonetheless, if you really want to.