E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation

E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octyl Salicylate 2%, Titanium Dioxide 5.5% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Boron Nitride, Barium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation alot!

on 4/4/2017 10:55:00 PM

I love this foundation. I use it over clean skin with no primer and use powder over top!! It lasted all day and I went out after work to dinner with a friend and I touched up with a bit of powder and blush, took 2 minutes!! This is a good bang for the buck!!

on 4/3/2017 12:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I had purchased this foundation in Porcelain and it was a pretty good match. When ELF added two other light shades I called them to ask questions and the rep said Alabaster was more pink toned so I ordered it hoping it would be a better match for my MAC NW 20 skin. Turned out it was a bit light. So I mixed it with some Maybelline Dream Mousse foundation in Classic Ivory (two parts ELF/one part Maybelline). This makes a pretty good color for me.
I'm having some trouble with the pump. The bottle is nice - actually pretty elegant IMO - but the pump sometimes doesn't work and when it does, it puts out a small amount compared to the Maybelline pump. Rinsing it off seems to help when it fails.
Coverage-wise this is pretty natural looking foundation and I haven't had any sensitivity problems.
Price is very cheap but it is a smaller bottle than average - .68 oz. So the price on Maybelline or L'Oreal isn't that much different.

Just wanted to update. I'm finding the pump is working better now. I rinsed it off; maybe that helped. Anyway two pumps of the Alabaster mixed with one pump of the Maybelline Classic Ivory 20 makes a good match for me and a really nice finish.

on 3/14/2017 2:19:00 PM

Good coverage but shows every poe and id not a good finish for me.

on 3/13/2017 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation, but I will say if you are going to use this, definitely exfoliate first and moisturize really well because this will cling to dry patches and can look cakey, but if you're smooth and moisturized, this looks great.

It's semi matte as promised. I like it for my combination skin. It's not too dewy where I start to look oily fast and it's not flat matte. It applies and blends very smoothly and I think it provides good medium coverage. A little goes a long way.

I apply this over my SPF 30 moisturizer and set my makeup with wet n wild photo focus setting spray and it looks great for hours. I usually have to use oil blotting sheets on my t-zone once during the day, but I don't have to set it with powder to avoid totally oily skin.

Unfortunately, I can only use this foundation if I'm fake tanning, because the lightest shade available is too dark for me. I also have to mention that this has a bad smell, but I don't think it lingers too long.

I love the SPF and I'm shocked by how much I like this stuff given the inexpensive price. The packaging is cute and I've had no issues with the pump or with the lid coming off.

Not for the ultra pale: the lightest shade of this (porcelain) is too dark for my skin. It *might* work in summertime, if I can stand the strong odor! The pluses: it contains SPF, it's a thick, creamy formula (which I prefer to a "runny" foundation), and the packaging is nice with a pump bottle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Blah. So disappointing!

I'd just like to start off by saying that the overall *appearance* of this foundation on my skin was quite nice upon application, considering the Sand shade was spot on (I'm in between NC20 and NW20) and it covered my bright red hormonal acne scars VERY well. It's rare that a drugstore foundation has enough coverage to cover my scars, so this was a plus!

However, it all went downhill from there. After buffing the foundation into my skin, I followed it up with my usual pressed powder. The foundation never fully "set"; it just kind of sat there on my face. Halfway through the day I lightly brushed a hair away from my face, and the foundation streaked across my cheek! Really gross and embarrassing.

And the scent. I just can't. This is the #1 reason I returned this foundation. There is a very strong, chemical, perfume-like scent that I smelled on my face all. day. long.

on 1/26/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I was excited to try this out after hearing rumors that it was a dupe for a much higher end foundation.
I purchased it yesterday at Target for $6.00 and was excited to use it today.
I do like the consistency of the formula, it's just right consistency .
I was however , very disappointed by the very yellow undertone. I bought it in "porcelain". They yellow overtones were so strong that it looked so artificial on my skin.
Worse than that though , is the scent . It has such a pungent chemical smell to it. The smell does not dissipate as the day goes by. All day long, it was noticeable .
I typically donate the products which I do not like to a women's shelter. This one is just going back to Target. I don't want to subject anyone else to this.

on 1/22/2017 6:31:00 PM

I was using IT cosmetics liquid foundation with the pink sheen. Budget crises hit, and I can only afford Elf. If you go to their website, they are always running a special where you get freebies and free shipping with a minimum purchase, usually $25.00, and you should see what you can buy for that money! The freebies are the bomb! So, to duplicate the IT, I mix in a little of the Elf facial whips to get that luminous look, I think they are a dollar! I adore this foundation! They have a beauty expert that will tell you what shade is best for your skin, you just send her a picture! I got the Sand first for my Summer Skin, now it's Winter so I ordered the porcelain. I just got to where the Sand won't pump, but I am going to take the pump off, and turn the bottle upside down into a washed empty container. I should be able to get most of it this way, I hope. I am 64, and I found that this foundation loves it if you moisturize first, then use a primer, Elf has some good ones! Then I put a setting powder over it, then use the Elf setting spray. I just received quite a haul, and hope to review more stuff.

on 1/16/2017 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Product Claims and Description:
Achieve a flawless complexion with the silky smooth e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation. The lightweight and oil-free formula blends in naturally for a beautiful semi-matte finish. This liquid foundation applies easily and lasts all day for visibly brighter and radiant looking skin. Using our Flawless Finish Foundation not only restores uneven skin textures and tones, but most importantly, the SPF 15 protects your skin against harmful sun damage!

—Product—
-Sunscreen/Bug spray scent that does not linger. It goes away.
-Formula is not too thick or thin. It’s the perfect consistency in my opinion.
-It claims to be silky smooth, lightweight, Semi-matte, and last all day. It is all of those but the last one. It definitely doesn’t last all day.
-It lasted me about five hours before it got to the point that I absolutely had to blot and powder my nose and forehead (where I’m most oily.)
-Not for oily skin in my opinion.
-If applied lightly it could work for mature skin, but if you’re an older woman reading this review and wanting full coverage, this foundation isn’t for you, I promise.
-This is a light coverage foundation that can be built up to medium coverage, but it starts to look cakey if you try to build it up to full coverage.
-As it claims to be this is a Semi-matte finish foundation. Definitely not dewy, definitely not matte.
-Clings to dry patches like crazy so beware of that!
-On me this only oxidized the tiniest bit.
-There are only six shades available so very light skinned people and very dark skinned people might have trouble finding the right shade.

—Packaging—
-The square bottle is made of very pretty frosted glass that has a pump at the top that is covered with a square cap.
-The bottle with the cap on measures 1 ¼th in. x 1 ¼th in. x 3 ½ in.
-It contains 0.68 fl. Oz. (20 ml.) of foundation.
-The cap stays on really well so there is absolutely no worries about the lid falling off and foundation getting pumped into your makeup bag if you travel with it.
-The bottle itself is durable, but the pump can be a little finicky. Sometimes it works then other days…not so much.

—Overall—
I think this is a wonderful foundation for everyday. It has never broken me out or anything like that, but then again my skin isn’t super sensitive or anything. Despite the off putting smell I love this foundation and will continue to repurchase it if/when I need to.

Pros:SPF 15, affordable, blendable, very lightweight and comfortable to wear, buildable to a point.
Cons: Smells funky, not super long wearing, needs blotting and powdering halfway through the day.