e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation

e.l.f. Flawless Finish Foundation
Flawless Finish FoundationFlawless Finish FoundationEnter TitleFlawless Finish Foundation

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octyl Salicylate 2%, Titanium Dioxide 5.5% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Boron Nitride, Barium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

I have to say, I was really surprised by this product! I bought it just because I was out of my usual foundation, and just needed something cheap and cheerful for the time being, but it has such a beautiful finish! It looks Incredibly natural, yet still smoothes out every last pore, covers redness and discoloration, and doesn't look too dewy, or too matte. The coverage can vary depending on what you use to apply it. If you use a makeup sponge, it's light to medium, but it can be very easily applied with a brush for a higher coverage. My only slight criticism is that it does oxidize a little bit, but not enough to warrant any concern, so long as you blend it down your neck. And praise the heavens, IT COMES WITH A PUMP!! Overall, love this foundation, and may even use it as my go-to now.

on 3/9/2018 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I’m happy to report that I love this foundation. I wanted to try it several times before reviewing, so I used this then tried a couple of my other faves just to be sure. This provides great coverage (I apply a second coat on my nose which tends to be red unfortunately), makes my skin feel silky and does a decent job keeping oil at bay (I use NYX pore filler as a primer and set it with e.l.f. Soft Luminance loose powder). I apply with e.l.f. small stipple brush or FLOWER beauty’s beauty blender. Couldn’t be more pleased with the results!

on 1/9/2018 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Overall, I love ELF products, which are generally of excellent quality. On my search for a foundation that I love, I gave this one a shot. I am disappointed. The closest color to my skintone, Sand, looked great going on, but quickly turned a little dull (which tells me that it oxidized a bit). Even though I applied it with a dry beauty sponge, the coverage was thin and the finish didn't dry down into something attractive. This is the first ELF product I've ever tried that actually felt, well, cheap. My foundation quest continues.

on 12/10/2017 11:40:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Honestly this is a wonderful foundation. It blends very well on the skin and provides excellent coverage. It is satin, yet it somehow prevents my oily skin from going haywire. My only gripe is that the pump is a little stiff and the lightest shade only properly matches me in the summer when I am more tan in complexion (the colour selection in general is poor), also some people may be opposed to the slightly chalky(?) scent but I am not against it. Overall this is a great foundation, highly recommend.

on 11/14/2017 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this foundation, prior to now having found my holy grail of foundations, which is the LA Colors Truly Matte foundation (which is why, had I purchased the LA Colors Truly Matte foundation first, I honestly wouldn't have never ended up buying the E.LF. Flawless Finish one at all). Now, the shade range for the E.L.F. Flawless Finish foundation is definitely lacking. However, that's always the case with any foundation range that E.L.F. comes out with. I don't typically buy foundations that have added fragrance to them, because I typically find such to be a huge turnoff, when it's added to foundations period. But, because this foundation has gotten a lot of rave reviews on YouTube and I love buying from E.LF., I finally decided to cave in and give this foundation give it a try, nonetheless. I will say that you can get medium-to-full coverage with this foundation, by using the E.L.F. Ultimate Blending Brush. Now, I do smell the added fragrance in the foundation, but it is bearable (at least to me). And, this foundation definitely MUST be set with powder, because it does not dry fully matte on the face at all. It has a semi-matte finish to it, which on some people may appear as semi-dewy, and this foundation definitely will transfer if not set properly set with finishing powder.

The packaging is nice for this foundation, and I do like that it does come with a pump. Which does make it very easy to dispense.

I have not gotten any major breakouts from the foundation, however, it is not a foundation that I plan on purchasing again, because there's nothing overly special about this foundation, that I have personally found (however to others they actually love this foundation and it happens to be a favorite of theirs, therefore to each his own). So, the only way to tell if you'll really end up loving it or not, you'd have to personally try it out for yourself. Also, it is definitely very noticeable, in regards to the the fact that the shade range needs to bemajorly improved upon. I did get the shade Sand, which thank God didn't make me look super pale or end up looking super orange on me either, however, there honestly isn't a shade within the line that is a complete shade match for me at all. And, I also wish that E.LF. would take the fragrance out of this foundation. Because, even though I do find it to be bearable, it is still a con, nonetheless, when it comes to any foundation (whether it's cheap or expensive). Also, you get way less than 1 oz. of foundation (which is why I don't understand why E.L.F. sells it for $6). However, besides the cons that I mentioned, this foundation is worth giving a try, nonetheless, if you really want to.

I like the finish and coverage of this product. You do not need a lot to get the job done- it is quite thick and good coverage. Start with a half pump and work your way up- a full pump is way too much. It doesn't last as well as some higher priced formulas, but it does pretty decent throughout the day.

When I bought this, Porcelain was the lightest shade. It was definitely too dark and too yellow for me. I mixed in some of NYX's lavender liquid corrector to lighten it up, and made it work. I'm fine doing this to use the bottle up, but I don't want a foundation I have to mix with something else on an ongoing basis. They have since added a lighter shade (Light Ivory), but I cannot speak to that one.

Unfortunately this has a very strong fragrance that I would describe as "old lady perfume." It's eased up a bit as the product got older, but originally it lasted all day. Not something you want to have right under your nose all day. Not a fan. I definitely prefer unscented face products, and fragrance is not good for your skin. So in the future, this one is a pass for me. I'd try it again if they cut out the perfume.

Keep in mind also, that though this product seems cheap you are only getting about 0.6 oz. It won't last you very long compared to standard 1 oz foundations.

on 10/20/2017 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been eyeing this foundation for some time now based on all the positive reviews.

This gives a medium coverage and is reasonably priced but around the same price as the Maybelline fit me in Canada.

I really wanted to love this foundation because it's almost mousey and great for my dry skin however the shades are all too in between and not diverse enough. I got the sand as the buff would he too orange toned and sand looks very light when first applied then oxidises throughout the day and settles into the skin.

Out of all the drugstore foundations I've used this one feels and sits very heavy on the skin and using even a small pea sized amount makes my face look very made up and I hate looking like I'm wearing a lot of foundation when really I've put on the minimum amount.

I wouldn't recommend this unless you have an exact match with one of the few shades available and unless you don't mind looking very made up.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I previously bought this in the shade "Light Ivory" and this was before they added lighter shades, and it was too dark for me. I hated that it was too dark for me cause I loved how it looked on my skin! It looked smooth across my face and didn't wash me out. Aside from the color mistake, I really enjoyed it. The staying power was fairly good, I did have some shine till the end of the day, which is normal for me. Surprisingly, this is only $6! E.l.f can be hit or miss, and this a definite hit!

on 10/15/2017 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Got this foundation because a favourite youtuber of mine recommended. Never looked back, has great coverage and glides on smooth. Does feel a little tacky on the skin but setting powder fixes it up. It's really cheap, $7 CAD at Walmart. Only complaints is the tiny shade range and the matte black lid, my finger prints get all over it. Only reason why I won't be repurchasing is because I'm trying to try out a ton of foundations and I'm not ready to settle for a forever foundation yet. Too many options! Overall, Highly recommend.

on 10/14/2017 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Flawless medium coverage with a satin finish. Porcelain good match for NC15 . Applies well with fingers - I have no patience in the morning and this is important to me. Lasts a good 12 hours. Just tried Double Wear - ELF looks better and is way easier to apply. And the price!