E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation

E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation
Enter Title

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octyl Salicylate 2%, Titanium Dioxide 5.5% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Boron Nitride, Barium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 7/7/2017 3:45:00 PM

try different application methods. I first tried this with a brush, it was awful and cakey. But that was my own mistake, using a brush never looks good on my skin. tried with a damp sponge, it looked beautiful. the only problem is that elf doesn't seem to understand that foundations and primer usually come with 1fl oz.

on 6/29/2017 3:08:00 PM

I loveeee the packaging. It goes with the pump. I like foudnation that has a pump. You can estimate the amount of foundation you'd like to put on your face. Secondly, I'm in love with the shade. I chose sand and its the perfect shade for me. My face is slightly darker than my hand, so I have to choose the shade that matches my face skin tone. I have a natural but a bit of cool undertone. Light to medium tone. But i dont really like the finishing. It's kinda a dewy finish. Not my cup of tea since i have oily skin and i LIVE in a humid place where you're always sweating and your skin is always always oily. It has a light to medium coverage. For a face that rarely has no acnes like me, i wouldn't really mind the light to medium coverage. But it's not suitable with people that likes full coverage since it's not that buildable. It gets a bit cakey if you add more layers. I would rate this foundation with only 3 for the coverage & finishing. But i would consider 4 for the price. Its super cheapp

Ugh. This is the worst foundation I've ever tried.
Hands down.
For starters, even for a drugstore foundation the shade range is pitiful. I got the lightest shade a could find (porcelain I think) and it was probably at least two shades too dark for me. There didn't seem to be any deep shades either.
The smell - just no. If you're not into foundations that smell like plastic and glue, stay far away from this one.
For me the worst thing about this foundation is the finish. "Flawless Finish"? I think not. I like to exfoliate, moisturize and prime my skin as needed, but honestly this foundation emphasizes every pore, line, and bump. The texture is just so waxy as well. I really struggle to apply and blend it evenly to my face. My skin hates it, I'm pretty sure it broke me out.
It doesn't take well to being set with powder. In my experience it looks rather cakey and uneven. As for the longevity I can't say anything. I've never had this on my skin for longer than an hour before I cave in and wash it off. The bottle lasted me probably 5 applications before I threw it into the trash.
If you want a cheap foundation PLEASE don't buy this one. There are so many better foundations at that price point.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Like with some foundations out there I feel like I couldn't find my "perfect" or close to perfect match, there needs to be more medium colors because its either too dark or ashy light on me. Another problem I have is that at least for me it looks like I don't have full coverage and its doesn't layer well and settles into lines. Also the pump constantly needs to cleared of any residue left behind or it clumps up. Really wanted to like this, but it's a no for me.

on 5/24/2017 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was having a poor day the other week so of course I ran out of foundation when I couldn't afford the $60 to by my go to. So after reading reviews on here I decided to give elf a go, not expecting much but for $13 from Kmart it was an easy decision.

I'm really impressed with this foundation. Medium coverage but on the liger side of medium. Slightly dewy finish. It felt so nice in my skin and had good staying power PLUS elf is cruelty free which is a huge bonus.

My main complaint about this foundation is that the lightest shade is still too dark and quite yellow. I will buy this foundation again but will have to use my Australis lightening drops with it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best! After considering the options:
-Dollar store (Dollar Tree) $1
-drug store (Kroger) $5-$10
-MAC (liquid fdtn, or possibly powder fdtn) $35
-charlotte tilbury $44
-bare minerals (kit) $49
-Chanel $55

And that's just the liquid fdtn not the powder to go with it. Add on double for a matching powder. So I did I admit it I'm not a product Snob, buy Dollar Tree Sassy + Chic BB & it's wonderful I'd definitely rebuy that. But I wanted an actual fdtn. So I put my money on elf (wnw had photofocus fdtn & powder but the colors didn't look like any of them were going to match me.

I had planned to buy elf but wnw did catch my eye & both are cruelty free!) with elf I got ($6 liquid fdtn/3 powders x $2/2 primers x $6/BB cream $6=$30 right? I can do makeup not math lol) so that was the best deal other than Dollar Tree I will next time buy Dollar Tree BB w elf primer & elf powder ($1 + $2 + $6) but this fdtn is 1 of my faves even thou i got oily skin. My skin is maturing oily skin making it less prone to breakouts.

This is not real buildable. I don't detect a strong scent. It goes 4-5 hours before I have to blot but that's normal for me. [i live & breathe blot papers]. I think DT's BB is better superior than ELF's & at $1 my wallet likes this too!! But elf's powder rules it's about as good as anything, colormates is decent too if u don't got like oily skin but it & LA Colors have mineral oil as a principle ingredient & I don't like putting a lot of mineral oil on my skin it suffocates it & doesn't absorb much oil or have much for setting/mattifying properties. Which is the point of powder!

Elf's fdtn has a nice pump w a substantial feeling frosted bottle that gives the impression of having an entire ounce but it contains just a mere 0.68oz which is kind of a gyp most fdtn comes in an 1oz bottle. The cap is secure which is good because I carry a lot of MU w me in my bag. Elf's primers are a mere 0.5oz so even less product but still both are good products for reasonable prices (I consider $55 for an ounce of Chanel to be UNreasonable it best make me look like Gigi or Bella Hadid! This 40 year old mug?! Haha & walk the dog too!).

This fdtn matches me well in Porcelain & Sand, I am NC20 in MAC normally the first Beige in DS fdtns or if they have a Pale/Natural/Nude after ivory/the porcelains but before the first beige, that's me. Elf's palest shade is porcelain and it's more pink sand is next color darker & it is yellow. I had never tried sand until now becoz Kroger didn't have porcelain. Sand is nice. I don't think very pale or very dark people are very well represented by elf's shade representations.

This is the best DS fdtn bedsides elf's acne fighting fdtn (that's my fave DS fdtn but it can be hard to come by), revlon colorstay is decent too but very much different than elf's liquid fdtn. Elf is not transfer proof nor particularly long lasting like revlon but it's easier to remove. It spreads on the face easily, dries fast, doesn't pill up over the top of other products, it isn't waterproof .... "but you got that UD setting spray ayyyyeeeeee!!" (ok. Maybe not. I use hairspray as a setting spray old drag queen trick!!)

Tl;dr buy this fdtn in Sand if you are NC20! A good solid product & not tested on animals.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful packaging for a $6 foundation: a glass bottle with a pump and a cap. Kudos to e.l.f for not cheaping out. Now the product itself is not too thick or runny. When applied with the fingers it feels very wet but sets within a few minutes to a wonderful semi matte finish; not totally wet but not flat matte either. I mix the shades Porcelain and Sand as one is the perfect light shade but too pink undertoned and the other is too dark but the perfect yellow tone, together they create the perfect color for me. It lasts all day with just a few touch ups as any oily skinned girl knows is absolutely needed with any foundation no matter how great it may be but the fact that I wasn't blotting my face every 2 hours is so nice. I can change outfits throughout the day and nothing rubs off but that could be due to the fact that I always make sure that my face barely touches any blouse I put on.

on 5/7/2017 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I found out about this foundation from some rave reviews from some of my favourite makeup u tubers
(Jessica Braun being one of them), claiming this foundation to better than a lot of popular expensive brands
out there.

So for $13 AUD i bought this in porcelain to try.

Now for reference, i have normal skin and i LOVE IT cosmetics CC cream, and Makeup forever stick foundation both highly recommended by these makeup gurus, so i was pretty confident it couldn't be that bad even for such a low price range.
The colour porcelain seems to be pretty spot on. ( I am NC 15 in mac studio fix foundation, Deuville in Nars sheer glow, Vanilla in Two faced born this way.)
It has a lovely medium satin finish, and i found it best to apply with a beauty blender, to press into the skin.
For a more glowy finish i have tried it with a luminous primer , but i don't feel it needs it as it tends to become
a little shinier during the day anyway.
I love that it doesn't sit on top of the skin like a lot of drug store foundations do, so it looks more natural.

Other reviewers have complained about the smell of this foundation, and yes, it does have a perfume which reminds me of foundations from many years ago that my mother used to wear, but it goes away.
It can remain a bit tacky if i don't set it, but with a light dusting of hourglass or Laura Mercier finishing powder,
the tackiness is gone.
It seems to last a good 6 to 8 hours, no less than any other foundation i use.
I would highly recommend giving this foundation a try if you like a more natural satin finish, and are lucky enough to find your colour, which unfortunately are very limited.
Elf flawless finish is now my new every day foundation, so happy i tried it.

on 5/3/2017 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this foundation, like all others on sale, but $6 USD is still cheap. I didn’t expect much of it to be honest, but everytime I’ve worn it I get compliments about my makeup, and well I say that speaks volumes. This is a medium coverage foundation and it has a little ability of building it up, but to medium/high, not more, and it won’t look cakey. It blends easily and on my skin (dry) it has a lasting power of about 6-8 hours (I tend to touch my face a lot). If I have a dry patch, it doesn’t make more obvious, it smooths it out. It has a satin finish, that personally I like because it gives me a more natural look.
Another pro, is the packaging. It has a pump, and the bottler is frosted glass, making it feel more expensive.
My only dislike is the color range, I use ‘Sand’, and it is almost my shade, except it has a more orangey tone, and I am more yellow, I can make it work without much problems but it does limit who can use it, if they were more neutral, they would have a greater reach. I understand it is an economical brand, and are expanding their color selection, but still I find not very universal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation alot!