E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation

E.L.F. Flawless Finish Foundation

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octyl Salicylate 2%, Titanium Dioxide 5.5% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Talc, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Magnesium Sulfate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Boron Nitride, Barium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Blah. So disappointing!

I'd just like to start off by saying that the overall *appearance* of this foundation on my skin was quite nice upon application, considering the Sand shade was spot on (I'm in between NC20 and NW20) and it covered my bright red hormonal acne scars VERY well. It's rare that a drugstore foundation has enough coverage to cover my scars, so this was a plus!

However, it all went downhill from there. After buffing the foundation into my skin, I followed it up with my usual pressed powder. The foundation never fully "set"; it just kind of sat there on my face. Halfway through the day I lightly brushed a hair away from my face, and the foundation streaked across my cheek! Really gross and embarrassing.

And the scent. I just can't. This is the #1 reason I returned this foundation. There is a very strong, chemical, perfume-like scent that I smelled on my face all. day. long.

on 1/26/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I was excited to try this out after hearing rumors that it was a dupe for a much higher end foundation.
I purchased it yesterday at Target for $6.00 and was excited to use it today.
I do like the consistency of the formula, it's just right consistency .
I was however , very disappointed by the very yellow undertone. I bought it in "porcelain". They yellow overtones were so strong that it looked so artificial on my skin.
Worse than that though , is the scent . It has such a pungent chemical smell to it. The smell does not dissipate as the day goes by. All day long, it was noticeable .
I typically donate the products which I do not like to a women's shelter. This one is just going back to Target. I don't want to subject anyone else to this.

on 1/22/2017 6:31:00 PM

I was using IT cosmetics liquid foundation with the pink sheen. Budget crises hit, and I can only afford Elf. If you go to their website, they are always running a special where you get freebies and free shipping with a minimum purchase, usually $25.00, and you should see what you can buy for that money! The freebies are the bomb! So, to duplicate the IT, I mix in a little of the Elf facial whips to get that luminous look, I think they are a dollar! I adore this foundation! They have a beauty expert that will tell you what shade is best for your skin, you just send her a picture! I got the Sand first for my Summer Skin, now it's Winter so I ordered the porcelain. I just got to where the Sand won't pump, but I am going to take the pump off, and turn the bottle upside down into a washed empty container. I should be able to get most of it this way, I hope. I am 64, and I found that this foundation loves it if you moisturize first, then use a primer, Elf has some good ones! Then I put a setting powder over it, then use the Elf setting spray. I just received quite a haul, and hope to review more stuff.

on 1/16/2017 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Product Claims and Description:
Achieve a flawless complexion with the silky smooth e.l.f. Studio Flawless Finish Foundation. The lightweight and oil-free formula blends in naturally for a beautiful semi-matte finish. This liquid foundation applies easily and lasts all day for visibly brighter and radiant looking skin. Using our Flawless Finish Foundation not only restores uneven skin textures and tones, but most importantly, the SPF 15 protects your skin against harmful sun damage!

—Product—
-Sunscreen/Bug spray scent that does not linger. It goes away.
-Formula is not too thick or thin. It’s the perfect consistency in my opinion.
-It claims to be silky smooth, lightweight, Semi-matte, and last all day. It is all of those but the last one. It definitely doesn’t last all day.
-It lasted me about five hours before it got to the point that I absolutely had to blot and powder my nose and forehead (where I’m most oily.)
-Not for oily skin in my opinion.
-If applied lightly it could work for mature skin, but if you’re an older woman reading this review and wanting full coverage, this foundation isn’t for you, I promise.
-This is a light coverage foundation that can be built up to medium coverage, but it starts to look cakey if you try to build it up to full coverage.
-As it claims to be this is a Semi-matte finish foundation. Definitely not dewy, definitely not matte.
-Clings to dry patches like crazy so beware of that!
-On me this only oxidized the tiniest bit.
-There are only six shades available so very light skinned people and very dark skinned people might have trouble finding the right shade.

—Packaging—
-The square bottle is made of very pretty frosted glass that has a pump at the top that is covered with a square cap.
-The bottle with the cap on measures 1 ¼th in. x 1 ¼th in. x 3 ½ in.
-It contains 0.68 fl. Oz. (20 ml.) of foundation.
-The cap stays on really well so there is absolutely no worries about the lid falling off and foundation getting pumped into your makeup bag if you travel with it.
-The bottle itself is durable, but the pump can be a little finicky. Sometimes it works then other days…not so much.

—Overall—
I think this is a wonderful foundation for everyday. It has never broken me out or anything like that, but then again my skin isn’t super sensitive or anything. Despite the off putting smell I love this foundation and will continue to repurchase it if/when I need to.

Pros:SPF 15, affordable, blendable, very lightweight and comfortable to wear, buildable to a point.
Cons: Smells funky, not super long wearing, needs blotting and powdering halfway through the day.

on 1/11/2017 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go-to every day and even going out foundation. I love how it's buildable full coverage amd how I can also apply a light amount for my lazier days. I'm definitely not spending $40 on Nars anymore when I can spend $6 on this! The only this is that because I have oily skin, I do have to apply setting powder. Other than that, it is great and I can't complain for the price!

on 11/13/2016 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a Foundation junkie, I am embarrassed that I just tried this. Well, I always knew that the price of cosmetics does not reflect their quality, however, this is really a great foundation. I bought this and the poreless primer and got a great result. I am NC30 according to MAC but not as yellow and loved this in Sand color. I also set this with the bare powder from the same brand. I am a convert!

on 10/25/2016 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this because it was cheap ($13) and i didn't have enough to buy a more expensive one. It's okay but it has a very strong smell, the smell isn't off putting but it's just really strong. It covers pretty well but it slides off after a while. It feels quite greasy and it clogs my pores. I have acne prone skin and this really doesn't help my skin at all, after a day of wearing i get a few pimples. The packaging is not very good, the pump doesn't pump the foundation out properly. It gives a nice dewy finish and doesn't cling to my dry patches, but it does crease. I got the shade porcelain which is the lightest and it was just a bit too dark for me. I wouldn't buy it again after i finish my current one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this foundation for the summer. Dries my skin out a little in the colder seasons. Overall good formula, awesome that it has a pump

on 10/21/2016 10:54:00 AM

i bought this on a whim & i really like it! normally any sunscreen will break me out very badly but i haven't had anything happen in the month I've been using it. it is thick so i mix it with moisterizer & my elf bb cream. the price is great & the packaging is easy to use. another great elf product!

on 10/17/2016 2:18:00 AM

I was pretty excited to try this foundation at first because a few of my favourite you tubers said they liked it.
However they have flawless skin, and I do not.
Firstly the perfume smell is so strong and unpleasant I can barely stand to use it.
Thankfully it goes away after a while.
It also doesn't dry down. It stays sticky and tacky feeling all day.
You know those foundations that you put on and instantly feel like they'll break you out? Yes, this is one of them.
I also had three pimples show up after the third day of use.
You absolutely cannot wear this without a powder to set it.
The packaging itself actually says the reapply every two hours or so...?!?!
Absolutely awful stuff.
Don't waste your time or money on it.