E.L.F. Brightening Eye Color - Matte Mauve

E.L.F. Brightening Eye Color - Matte Mauve
Brightening Eye Color - Matte MauveBrightening Eye Color - Matte Mauve

2.0

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This quad was okay, not great but not 100% terrible either.
It is cheap but I can make it work and actually enjoy the look I get out of it.
I like the taupe/mauve/gray shade and the eggplant shade. There are also two pink shades, one that is almost a sheer Pepto Bismol pink and the other just a very sheer baby pink both pinks were not very mauve toned.
They also look very similar and none existent on the skin.
I use this quad in the following manner.
First I either apply a primer or more often than not just a light shadow all over the lid and crease, in a hurry, I will sometimes use the very lightest pink from this quad. I apply the taupe-ish shade in the crease and then the darker eggplant shade in the outer corner and blend it out. I also use the darker shade along the lower lashline or I will use it 2/3 of the outer lashline and then the taupe color along the inner third of the lash line.
Two to three coats of mascara and I have an inexpensive and super quick look anyone can do.
Everyone seems to like it so I guess it works and no one can ever guess it is only two shades from a $1 quad.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Worst quad, don't even bother. The pigmentation is awful.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my second quad from E.L.F. with the first being "drama". Since I liked the 1st one well enough and with me wanting to switch to using matte colors this one sounded perfect! It was the usual $1 pricetag so nothing to lose. The shades from left to right are a basic mauvey pink, eggplant, a sorta of beigey tone then another mauve of a slightly lighter shade than the one to the far left. The two mauve shades look exactly the same once applied. A little disappointed with that but I do like the shade. It does brighten up my eyes. I dont think I would get this particular quad again because its silly that they put 2 of basically the same colors in a "quad" & the other 2 shades were nothing special.