Urban Decay asphyxia lipstick

Urban Decay asphyxia lipstick

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/29/2017 1:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

The colour is different a metallic glitter lavender, definitely not something I would wear often but it's a change. I love the packaging and I remember these frosted metal tubes from way back when Urban Decay had a counter at my local Bay and I used to pick up some of their more interesting lipsticks, wish I could remember the name of my fav back then, it was a sliver glitter and I'm sure I'd hate it now. Anyway I found this lipstick to apply unevenly and was very drying. Would not repurchase.

on 4/13/2010 3:57:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I really like this lipstick, despite the texture. It's a bit dry and smells like makeup, if that makes sense. Not unpleasant, but not pleasant, either. It's also not very soft, so you have to work a bit at applying it; you can't have too much lip balm on beforehand or it'll just slip right off without really applying anything.

However, despite that, I love this lipstick because of the color. It's not like the Asphyxia pleather pencil or eyeshadow; it's more of a blue purple than a pink/purple shift. It's not as bright either; it's more subdued. It's a really unique lip color.

It is discontinued but you can still find it on eBay and the like. It's pricey, but if you like unique colors I do recommend it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great color, but I can see why some people might dislike it. I have fair skin and it is neither overpowering nor lacking punch.

on 6/2/2003 11:39:00 AM

Use this with asphyxia lipgunk. This is a great fluorescent lilac colour. ITs such an unusual colour and looks great out clubbing. No glitter in this one though. D.xx

on 1/11/2003 8:06:00 PM

This color looks good on me only with certain outfits by iteself - but clearly I love it enough to keep it around. I especially love it with MAC Nico lipglass over it, they compliment each other nicely. I do find this shade to be a little glimmery pink - hard to describe but like those frosty bright colored shirts that came out - almost like they have silver or shimmer in them? In the case of this color I do recommend testing it somewhere first, as I don't know that it works for everyone - but I love having mine around. I can wear it more by putting a light brown lip liner under it - like MAC stripdown. I get compliments often on this combo.

on 12/24/2002 7:39:00 PM

This is a wild pink purple color. It's a good party lipstick. It is similar to Club Monaco icon which is a toned down version of this. If you want something to wear to the office or school I would get Club Monaco icon, if you want a different lipstick I would get this or you can be like me and both:)

Popular Lipsticks