Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman

Dolce & Gabbana The One Gentleman

1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have way more to say about this scent than the previous reviewer as I've tested it through steamy sessions with my suitor. Too much information? I can attest that this is actually incredibly long lasting on both material and skin; in my beau's case anyway, and it develops beautifully over the hours.
I spent a long time choosing a scent for the recipient, when we were still just friends. To give you some idea of what I was looking for - he's a sharply-dressed professional, successful for a youngster, not totally in control of his every fashion choice, but developing a taste for classic styles. His shoes are well polished and his shirts fit his pumped chest span. His skin is becoming apricotty as the spring is generous with its rays, which makes his blue eyes look bright. I wanted to gift him with something that wouldn't challenge his ideas of what is normal, wouldn't alienate his work colleagues or girls, and would take him forward as his career progressed. I didn't expect to be inhaling it myself, but I'm delighted with the performance of The One Gentleman.
For me the clear comparison for this scent is Organza Indecence by Givenchy. It's definitely a masculine gourmand, but not a screaming gourmand like Paco Rabanne's hit, 1 Million. It's creamy, woody and spicy - like rum'n'raisin ice cream. The gourmand nature of this makes it suitable for the young set, with another comparison being the earlier Ghost Man. The vanilla is very smooth in The One Gentleman, and the lavender is just aromatic enough. Gris Clair by Serge Lutens is coming to my mind also, though that is a drier scent. Also Courtesan by Worth, for that spicy, rich, chocolate, velvet finish.
The One Gentleman would be totally wearable on a woman, especially in the winter months, but it's infinitely wearable for a guy. Delish!

Popular Fragrances