L.A. Girl ULTIMATE Pressed Powder

2.3

on 4/5/2017 4:38:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

SHADE: Classic Ivory - Light ivory with warm undertone
PACKAGING: Bulky - 2 cases, 1 for the powder, 1 for the sponge. The mirror is on the other side of the powder case so it's a hassle to use. The sponge is basically useless.
TEXTURE: Very soft but not to the point where it's buttery
COVERAGE: light - medium
FINISH: satin matte, not cakey on my skin
LASTING POWER: 4-5 hours before things start to separate on my skin. Certainly not as long lasting & matte as the website claims.

Overall, it's a nice powder, I do like wearing it on days where I spot conceal because it gives more coverage to my concealer. I personally don't find this cakey, probably because I'm very oily and the powder just meshes better into my skin. But the packaging just throws me off so much. I'll use it up & try something else.

on 6/11/2012 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
Very cheap - costs like P500/10$ only
Has a really nice texture, very powdery and not fake looking.
Has a somewhat wide variety of shades to choose from.

Cons:
Actually hated this product because I use this to set my concealer (w/c is Benefit's boi-ing concealer) with it and it is very very VERY CAKEY. You can see the cakey-ness once you've applied the product.
Will not repurchase this product bec i think it caused PIMPLES.

Bottom line:
I think this is okay for those lucky girls who doesn't need to conceal imperfections; this pressed powder is suitable for those who have flawless skin.
As for myself, I wouldn't repurchase because it is very cakey, may be the cause for some of my pimples (that I am trying to get rid off now)

on 11/22/2010 4:36:00 AM

I need to give this powder a try without trying to set it with foundation because:
This powder looks VERY VERY cakey if you try to use it as a setting powder for foundation SO I suggest either using it alone with a moisturizer OR try very very lightly sweeping it over your face with a powder brush. The sponge that it comes with is really junky, just throw it away!

The powder is rather finely milled and the color is nice. I bought ivory to match the foundation and its very very light, much lighter than the ivory foundation itself.

Ill come back and redo my review if I find a better way to use this otherwise its staying at only a rating of 2 because of the cakeyness.