Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Pressed Powder

3.3

on 10/20/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was excited to get this because it was sold out for a while and everybody seemed to rave about it. I'm sure it's a nice powder, but I didn't keep it on long enough to find out because it turned me bright orange!!! Returned it immediately.

on 5/20/2011 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this powder...flawless finish. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star rating is it didn't come with a sponge or brush to apply. But I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Once you get over the hype, this is a great product.

Argan oil, blah blah. I don't really feel that its so miraculous. Sephora.com claims "This powder can even be used on the eye lids as a base for eyeshadow to make the color richer and last longer". Fat chance.

However! The completely translucent but still human-hued powder is great. It cuts down on shine while minimizing the look of pores and lasts a long time. Doesn't cake after repeated applications. My skin does well with this in summer when I'm an oil slick, and in winter when my skin flakes more than our NYC snow does. I apply it with my Pop Beauty travel kabuki brush and only ever have to re-apply once, and only on humid days.

The color of this product is definitely a flesh shade but works with my oddly colored pale winter skin color as well as it does my summer lightly bronzed olive hue, meaning I only need this powder year round. It seems pricey at $30, but for the color flexibility alone, its worth it. In addition to this, I've been using my compact for several months now, and the powder doesn't even have a dip in it! Makes me feel quite a bit better about shelling out the money for a powder.

It can be used alone, but I usually use it over concealer(sometimes I even use Josie Maran's concealer) or over the JM tinted moisturizer. I rarely use it as a touch-up for foundation, but am pleased to report that it doesn't change the look of that when I do.

It has great ingredients, doesn't irritate my skin, works well no matter how badly my skin is behaving... what more does a girl need? Oh, wait-- the shiny bio-degradable compact makes me feel like a slightly more responsible consumer ;)

The only thing I'd change, but am not too bothered by, is the fact that there's no applicator in the compact. This is actually more sanitary, I feel, but has been kind of crappy on days when I've forgotten my travel brush!