Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Pressed Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

1 review

I just bought my 2nd compact of this stuff and I love it! For reference I have dry sensitive skin and this powder gives a nice finish, not too matte and not too dewy or shiny. I wouldn't say this gives much shine at all. This doesn't have shimmer or glitter to it nor any spf. The argan oil may break some people out so test it before you buy. The argan oil in this is the reason I bought this powder because most powders can be too drying for me and this is perfect for my skin. I think I also really like the fact it isn't a stark white powder like most translucent powders. Although I have dry skin, my sunscreen at the moment is slightly greasy and shines throughout the day and this does a great job of taking away the shine without drying out my skin. It has a light peach tint to it and it looks more natural when applied. Though I do think if you are darker skin tone, it may still be too light. The packaging is very minimal. It is light and thin. It doesn't come with a sponge which is why it is so thin, there is no room. The reason for this I believe is that Josie's products are supposedly environmentally conscious and the compact is so thin and no sponge is to reduce packaging material use. Something like that. I didn't buy this powder for that reason. I just liked the idea of argan oil. Adding to that, for thoes that are environmentally consciouss, EWG's Cosmetic Database rates this powder very low (2) in terms of health concern. The fact it doesn't come with a sponge is okay with me as I prefer to use a brush. I never cared for the sponges in compacts anyways.