Alba Botanica Acne Dote face & body scrub

No Image

3.9

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid _ 2.0 % Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder , Glycerin, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Rhizome/Root, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil (2), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil (2), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil (2), Algin, Allantoin, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Cellulose Gum, Sclerotium Gum, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Citral, Limonene, Linalool (1) Certified Organic Ingredient; ((2) Natural Fragrance

on 3/9/2017 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this scrub. I was worried that the walnut shell granules would make this a harsh scrub to be used once or twice a week, but the granules are so fine and gently scrub. I find it gentle enough to use once a day. I still find I need to use my microdermabrasion brush once a week while using this scrub as it's not intense enough.

My skin has been clearer since I started using this, but it didn't seem to help clear up the small blackheads on my nose.

The smell, a light lemony scent is really nice. The tube is large (I only use it on my face and it lasts a long time) and costs about the same as the clean & clear acne scrubs, but it's a better value.

It also doesn't contain synthetic fragrance, parabens, or phthalates, and no plastic microbeads that are bad for the environment.

I will repurchase this.

I bought this on Amazon because I thought oh great, this could work for the occasional chest pimple and whatever little acne I have on my face. WRONG. Don't ever use something that CAN be used on your body on your delicate face!!!!! It was good in terms of smell and leaving skin soft, however I feel like after using it every other day I still had tiny flakes and scales. I stopped using it and my face got much better. I was even itchy and red. If you have sensitive skin, I'd skip this all together. If you don't, try every other day and see if it works. Otherwise, it's not worth the money or the itching.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I found this to be a very mild yet effective daily scrub. Has a light citrus mint scent that I like. Contains lots of tiny walnut shell granules and salicylic acid to help with acne. Has a mild lather and rinses clean leaving my skin gently exfoliated. When used daily, I find it helpful at controlling acne breakouts on my forehead. I think that for the amount you get - an 8 oz tube, that this is a good buy.

on 5/10/2015 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I love this cleanser!
- My skin feels clean, fresh, and polished, not slimy or squeaky.
- No synthetic fragrances to irritate skin. In my opinion, fragrance has no place in skincare.
- Product still has a mild fresh smell.
-The scrubby particles are natural (not plastic beads) so they aren't bad for the environment.
-The scrubby particles are very finely ground and polish the skin nicely. There are also a good density of scrubbies.
- only use this on my face so it lasts a long time. The big bottle is a great deal!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love love looovvee this stuff. Gets the job done with a refreshing clean feeling after no oily film, no waxy residue. The walnut pieces are perfect size so it doesn't hurt. I use it on face and body. Good product that supports cruelty free!

Thought this scrub was great. For a couple weeks. But my chest and back got progressively worse as the weeks went on. Much like the "good and gentle acne wash" the ingredients are very irritating and harsh. Look them up and you'll see. I'm learning that acne needs very gentle, mild and non-irritating cleansers. I'm switching back to Cerave.
I see a lot of people seem to love this scrub so maybe it's fine if you don't have sensitive skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has become a staple now in my skincare routine. Without it I would still have those awful red, dry patches all over my back, chest and shoulders; which is unheard of for someone with acne so severe that they NEED a benzoyl peroxide product in their regimen. If I leave this on for more than 5 minutes it really does dry out my skin which usually isn't a problem; I only apply it to the acne prone areas of mine after washing with a moisturizing dove liquid soap & then apply lotion after my shower..it's only a problem since my back is hard to reach & I can't properly apply a lotion to it. Now it only gets knocked down one lippie because as a facial scrub it's not that great. I have very oily skin & although it's great for my body it doesn't really do much to keep the flakes I get from using BP on my acne at bay. I'd like to think that it's doing some good at reducing redness on my face as it did wonders for the red, dry patches on my back & various acne prone body parts but even after 2 weeks I didn't see much improvement as I did within one week on my back (which is my main concern even though other places have acne too). I'll keep repurchasing this since it's all natural & actually does wonders for my body which I never ever thought anything as gentle as Salicylic Acid could (I respond WAY better to benzoyl peroxide but can assume that my face is just a whole other story).

on 6/30/2014 3:26:00 PM

I really liked this product at first! It makes your skin so soft and its great but when I woke up the next day I had bumps on my face and I continued to break out:/ sort of disappointing.

on 5/7/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Mega-exfoliating! I use this once a week or so. It's very rough, a little goes a long way, but it really goes after dry skin. I even use it on my elbows and all over before appyling self-tanner. A bit drying on the face, be sure to use a rich moisturizer afterwards.
Packaging is not ideal - it's fairly runny and clogs up the cap when stored upright.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff goes over and beyond what I expected of it. Your face feels nice, soft, and refreshed. My face has noticeably improved since I've started using this face wash! Highly recommend trying it out(: