Katy Perry - Purr

Katy Perry - Purr

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This "fragrance" belongs in the half-off bin at the dollar store. Frustrating product because it smells divine...FOR 5 MINUTES. I got this from Amazon for $13 USD, so after reading solid reviews I figured I didn't have much to lose. I now realize it was grossly overpriced. Here's how this experiment went:
- Bottle: I am shocked by how much product you get - the (ridiculously tacky) bottle is huge. And badly made: the hideous purple plastic cat head does not properly snap onto the hideous purple cat body, so it wobbles and bobble and falls off. (My son finds this endlessly entertaining.)
- Top notes: It's love at first spray - a balanced bright mix of peach and vanilla and white florals. It's sweet but not childish or cloying. It seems almost watered down so I spray generously. It's impossible to overdo it - despite the vanilla, it has no body, no throw, and no base.
- Dry-down: At the half-hour mark, I am shocked to discover that this has inexplicably mutated into a very faint, muddled shadow of a scent with no discernable notes other than "powder" (said in a whisper).

And then after an hour of wearing it, it's gone without a trace, a garish purple plastic cat slinking silently into the night on its ridiculous purple paws.

on 8/20/2016 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm not a cat person but the bottle is cute. I got this very cheap, $7 @ Burlington so no complaints about the price except I will never wear this perfume. This was a blind buy I thought I'd like based on reviews. It is nice enough but suddenly, there a note that makes me think of toilet cleaner and I just cannot fathom wearing this.

To Read all 96 Reviews, Login or Join

After having been a fan of Meow for a long time, I finally decided to buy Purr as well and I am just as happy. Purr to me smells strongly of fresh peaches, with a sweet and floral undertone. There is definitely some white florals and vanilla in there. Peach is definitely the strongest note. It doesn't smell fake or chemically, it smells very sweet. This fragrance has good staying power and will last all day on the skin, and even longer on clothing or on my hair. I get a lot of compliments when wearing this perfume. I love it. The bottle is cute too, a purple cat with a silver K charm on the collar. The bottle is sturdy and reliable. I love this perfume and am glad I bought it. If you like this, I would recommend Meow.

on 4/21/2016 5:33:00 PM

To me this smells nothing like one would expect from a purple cat bottle. To me it smells like very lady-like white florals (jasmine and gardenia), a hint of green notes (bamboo?), and dries into a soft baby powdery musk which finally settles with a bit of sandalwood. After the flowers fade it basically gives me an aura of clean laundry. I barely find this sweet at all in the obvious vanilla way-although at times I am aware it has vanilla, I only find it sweetish in a florally powdery way. Maybe this is just my nose however. I don't smell fruits at all except for in the first spritz and Im not sure if what Im smelling is apple or peach-maybe both. I smell zero coconut in this although its supposedly in the notes. All in all I think this is lovely and I find it feminine but not girly. I have Meow and THAT is girly-in a sugary purple candy way. Im glad I have both so the two cats can hang out together...

My boyfriend bought this for me when it first came out. It does have this sultry scent but it didn't last long. The bottle was unique but it always fell over so idk if it was the design or I had a defective bottle.

My bottle ended up falling from the drawer and the tip where the perfume actually comes out broke, unfixable. You would think with that big cat head on there it would be safe...but no... didn't find the need to fix it. There are so many other better scents out there. I wasn't crazy about this perfume...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

On my skin it is creamy and the most prominent note is bamboo. After an hour, the vanilla and the musk come through. It gets five stars for smelling good, cute bottle and inexpensive.

I like this perfume although it smells a little cheap to me. There are other scents out there that also smell similar. It is not my favorite perfume, but I will definitely finish the bottle at some point.

on 2/3/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been through a few mini's of this perfume over the past few years & finally snagged a bottle!! (wich is ridiculously cute and I'm a sucker for anything cats!)

The noted I pick up in this fragrance is vanilla,coconut,slight peach,jasmine,kinda powdery,faint sandalwood & musk....I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

The staying power on me is pretty good! On me this lasts about 6 hours & reapplying is no big deal imo.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a nice, vanilla floral fragrance. To me it smells like gardenia. It was very inexpensive and I loove the kitty shaped bottle. It's not very strong and it goes fast, will definitely buy again

on 1/5/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

There's a note, probably gardenia, that gives me a slight headache. Do not blind-buy if you are sensitive to white florals. Its not a bad scent but its not to my taste.

On me, its a white floral (gardenia+jasmine) with peach, coconut, and a little musk. Longevity and sillage moderate. While the notes suggest daytime suitability, I like it more at night.

Popular Fragrances