Live Clean (Apple Cider) Clarifying Shampoo

Live Clean (Apple Cider) Clarifying Shampoo

4.6

on 6/25/2016 10:15:00 PM

This stuff is awesome. It was recommended to me by my hair stylist at a salon specifically for curly hair. I often have a problem with build up on my 3a medium length hair which causes it to lose its curl and shine. Like the other reviewers said, when you use this, it tends to make the hair feel really dry, but after using some decent conditioner, it goes back to feeling soft. I saw an immediate difference when it got out of the shower as my hair felt really soft and was easy to comb through. I applied a quarter sized amount of gel on the hair while it was still wet and let it air dry. I couldn't get over the results. It's like my hair went back to normal. The curls were so defined, bouncy and shiny, even without diffusing them. The individual strands themselves even felt like they had less build up. I love that it's SLS free and safe for my hair. I will be using to clarify my hair from now on! Highly recommended for curly girls and guys!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is thick, dry, frizzy and curly/wavy. I've always leaned towards hydrating shampoos and products for my unmanageable hair. I generally use shampoo sparingly - only at the roots and then condition the hell out of my hair and load it up with products to prevent it from becoming a frizz ball. Even my fly aways were a frizzy mess!

I never really thought of using a clarifying shampoo. My hair is so dry as it is, I figured it would just dry it out more, right? Wrong.

I used this shampoo yesterday for the first time. My hair was feeling super dry and weighed down with creams and mousses. It's got a nice, thick consistency and lathers well. Smells like apples; quite delicious, really. I lathered up all of my hair with this (as I said, I normally do roots only, but you wanna get all that product out) and rinsed it out. My hair felt dry as straw! But, once I used my conditioner, it was fine. If you have dry hair like me, make sure to use a good conditioner after using this, or any, clarifying shampoo. I added no mousse and no creams after washing, just a hair serum and let it air dry.

I tell you, my hair is so soft today! The strands themselves literally feel smother. I noticed the difference in my baby hairs and fly aways right away. They're smooth and soft, not frizzy and sticking out in every direction when I have my hair pulled back. This stuff is great! If you use a lot of products, add this to your regime once a week and you will not be disappointed! great to use the day before straightening, if you're hair is like mine.

I've given it only 4 lippies because I've only used it once. If the results are this great every time, will certainly give is 5/5!

---- Update ----

After having used this shampoo several times, I have learnt that getting a little crazy with this shampoo (using a little too much) is not a good thing. I was using the same amount as I would my regular, sulfate free shampoo and this was leaving me with a dry scalp and dandruff within 48 hours...and I never get dandruff, normally. I would recommend using a little less than you would your usual shampoo!

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

My hair is so oily I have to shampoo then rinse twice in a row! But this is still an effective shampoo for oily hair because I can feel the cleanliness afterwards.

No harsh chemicals that damage hair or make it feel heavy. Has a nice light scent. This is my main go-to shampoo.

I wish Live Clean would make a shampoo for dandruff (or oily/dandruff combination, which is what I have).

on 7/21/2015 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always stayed away from clarifying shampoos! I always imagined them as harsh ... Over drying Things that would leave my hair in a big tangled mess. Recently I started noticing whatever I do to my hair or use in my hair, it was greasy within 24hours! I decided to try this based on reviews and the ingredients and I love it ... Makes my hair so clean without feeling stripped! It feels a little tangled after shampooing so I definitely need the matching conditioner to follow, which they work together wonderfully ! I use this once a week or every other week depending and will definitely stick to it

I really like this clarifying shampoo, I feel it's the best I've used, better than Redken Cleansing Cream, Neutrogena Anti Residue, Ion, Pantene, and a few others I've tried.
Performance-wise, I'm sure they all do pretty much the same thing, although this one doesn't seem to leave my hair dry. But what I like most about it is the way it leathers - it really makes leathering so effortless, and it's just so airy that it's an absolute pleasure using it! It doesn't make my hair feel knotty either while rinsing, which is another bonus.
I also love the scent, it's very subtle but I can still pick up a faint green apple smell. Just lovely!

It left my hair feeling light and fluffy, clean feeling.

Price is great.

Overall, a drugstore gem!

Love this shampoo! Used to have so much build up and residue- but ever since I started using this shampoo- hair became so soft and light. Does not feel greasy at all and makes a difference. Residue is gone and I can go a couple days with my hair feeling fresh. Big plus that its organic! 😄

on 5/18/2015 4:37:00 PM

I love this clarifying shampoo so much that I wish I could use it daily...but I wont because Im sure it would dry the crap out of my hair. It has a pleasant smell-not one that lingers but while youre actually shampooing. It lathers soooo much that it feels like its getting the job done of deep cleaning your hair-and it does! My hair dries quickly after using this, and dries soft and bouncy, makes it feel lighter. Much prefer it over the Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo which smells like an old mans cologne

on 3/26/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Amaaaaazing. I have fine, thin, greasy hair with a sensitive scalp. I also have a lot of hair - it's in a pixie cut but it's very dense on my head. For years I'd been suffering with dandruff, impossible-to-manage levels of greasiness and limpness, with noticeable hair loss. I decided to switch to sulfate-free shampoo, but I knew my greasy greasy hair couldn't handle most sulfate-free shampoos, which focus on moisturizing. I found this and it's just been revolutionary. I no longer have dandruff, and my hair is staying on my head, not breaking off or falling out. Best of all, it manages the grease FANTASTICALLY. I've gone from having to wash my hair every other day so I don't get a hair headache or look revolting to being able to wash my hair every three days, and on day three I don't start to want to pull my hair out until nighttime. It's amazing.

As some people mentioned, the packaging does break easily for some reason - but that is hardly a dealbreaker. Just make sure you don't yank on the top too hard!

on 1/23/2015 1:28:00 PM

All I can say is it worked pretty good in cleaning my hair. Not much scent to it and my hair feels soft and clean.

on 12/16/2014 5:02:00 PM

I am blessed with healthy silky hair and any shampoo works well for me. However, this shampoo took my hair to the NEXT LEVEL!! I happened to purchase this because I was looking for a shampoo with the most natural ingredients and it was on sale at Shoppers for $4. I use this with Live Clean conditioner and my hair feels CLARIFIED and SILKIER than shampooing twice with other brands (another tip I practice to clarify hair). I only use this once every two weeks as a mask and I am going to be doing this from now on.

Popular Shampoos