Live Clean (Apple Cider) Clarifying Shampoo

Live Clean (Apple Cider) Clarifying Shampoo

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this shampoo because it smells AMAZING. After using it, it makes your hair smell and feel so light and clean. Turns out that the only good thing about this shampoo is the scent. I've been using it on and off for the past couple of months, and I've realized that my hair would get so greasy after one day. It made my day 2 hair look like day 4 hair...gross.

However, I used it more than once a week and that may have caused my scalp to become dry; as a result made it my scalp much oilier because of its clarifying properties. Going to just keep using the shampoo but on a once a week basis, and would not buy again.

on 11/19/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Smells like fresh apples and lathers surprisingly well for sulphate-free shampoo. Hair is squeaky clean, all residue removed. This is especially wonderful for removing salt water/chlorine and other chemicals from the pool. Unless you have oily hair I would alternate using this with a more hydrating shampoo otherwise you may end up with overstripped locks. I love this brand for a number of reasons. They are cruelty-free, use recyclable packaging, natural ingredients, no harsh chemicals. I recommend using this sparingly, it really is super concentrated because you will notice a difference after the very first time you use it.

on 11/17/2017 8:19:00 AM

I use a clarifying shampoo once a week when I use my hair mask and this works so well, leaves your hair so clean like you've been to a salon.
I wouldn't be able to use it more than once a week as I find it drys out my already dry scalp. Also I read that if you have coloured hair you should limit your use of clarifying shampoo to once a week.
Overall it is a really nice product, I didn't buy it in Walmart but I saw it there yesterday for just over $3 so it is a total steal compared to some drug store brands! It has a slight apple cider vinegar smell but I really like it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this shampoo because I've been on a hunt for something that will not make my scalp itchy. About 8 years ago I suddenly developed an itchy scalp and I think it is because of all the chemicals that are in shampoos. I've tried everything, even natural shampoos like tea tree oil but that made my scalp even itchier. This shampoo SAVED my ITCHY scalp. If you have an issue like me, I recommend you give it a try.

on 5/21/2017 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Had to sign up to review this shampoo.

I have coarse, wavy, thick hair. It's not dry, but definitely prone to frizziness and buildup. This is hands down, the BEST shampoo to ever touch my locks.

Most clarifying shampoos are extremely drying. This left my hair soft, smooth, silky, and full of volume! Of course I follow with a good conditioner, but I could tell my hair was clean without feeling straw-like.

10/10, HG product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is an excellent clarifying shampoo that doesn't have SLS and yet, it does a great job of leaving my hair feeling squeaky clean without stripping it dry.
Most clarifying shampoos contain SLS which I avoid due to sensitive skin/scalp and not wanting to strip the colour from my hair. I also didn't want to spend a lot of money on brands like Pureology (meh in my opinion) so Live Clean's Apple Cider shampoo scores big with that.
It does smell like apple cider so if you're scent sensitive, beware.

I'll use this shampoo about once every other week or once a week, depending on how much styling product I use.
I love how my hair feels afterwards and when it's dry, it's soft and manageable. (conditioner is a must afterwards)
I don't recommend using this shampoo more than once a week; otherwise it will leave your hair feeling very parched.

A definite re-purchase!

on 11/20/2016 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wash my hair once a week, so I really like a good clean when I do. This is great. It really eliminates of the buildup. My hair feels fresh & clean for a longerror period of time. Love it.

on 8/28/2016 5:45:00 PM

I have fine, oily hair and this shampoo was really nice. My hair felt very clean and refreshed although it gives no volume so my hair did fall very flat.

pros:
cleans well
doesn't strip hair
good packaging
overall nice

cons:
strange apple smell
not volumizing

on 6/25/2016 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This stuff is awesome. It was recommended to me by my hair stylist at a salon specifically for curly hair. I often have a problem with build up on my 3a medium length hair which causes it to lose its curl and shine. Like the other reviewers said, when you use this, it tends to make the hair feel really dry, but after using some decent conditioner, it goes back to feeling soft. I saw an immediate difference when it got out of the shower as my hair felt really soft and was easy to comb through. I applied a quarter sized amount of gel on the hair while it was still wet and let it air dry. I couldn't get over the results. It's like my hair went back to normal. The curls were so defined, bouncy and shiny, even without diffusing them. The individual strands themselves even felt like they had less build up. I love that it's SLS free and safe for my hair. I will be using to clarify my hair from now on! Highly recommended for curly girls and guys!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is thick, dry, frizzy and curly/wavy. I've always leaned towards hydrating shampoos and products for my unmanageable hair. I generally use shampoo sparingly - only at the roots and then condition the hell out of my hair and load it up with products to prevent it from becoming a frizz ball. Even my fly aways were a frizzy mess!

I never really thought of using a clarifying shampoo. My hair is so dry as it is, I figured it would just dry it out more, right? Wrong.

I used this shampoo yesterday for the first time. My hair was feeling super dry and weighed down with creams and mousses. It's got a nice, thick consistency and lathers well. Smells like apples; quite delicious, really. I lathered up all of my hair with this (as I said, I normally do roots only, but you wanna get all that product out) and rinsed it out. My hair felt dry as straw! But, once I used my conditioner, it was fine. If you have dry hair like me, make sure to use a good conditioner after using this, or any, clarifying shampoo. I added no mousse and no creams after washing, just a hair serum and let it air dry.

I tell you, my hair is so soft today! The strands themselves literally feel smother. I noticed the difference in my baby hairs and fly aways right away. They're smooth and soft, not frizzy and sticking out in every direction when I have my hair pulled back. This stuff is great! If you use a lot of products, add this to your regime once a week and you will not be disappointed! great to use the day before straightening, if you're hair is like mine.

I've given it only 4 lippies because I've only used it once. If the results are this great every time, will certainly give is 5/5!

---- Update ----

After having used this shampoo several times, I have learnt that getting a little crazy with this shampoo (using a little too much) is not a good thing. I was using the same amount as I would my regular, sulfate free shampoo and this was leaving me with a dry scalp and dandruff within 48 hours...and I never get dandruff, normally. I would recommend using a little less than you would your usual shampoo!