Live Clean Apple Cider Detox Shampoo

Live Clean Apple Cider Detox Shampoo
Apple Cider Detox Shampoo

4.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Used too frequently (3 x weekly in my case) this was too stripping and made my hair brittle and dry. However if I use it once a week it's perfect. Helps to clear any build up and leaves both my hair and scalp in a healthy, refreshed state. As I love ACV as a health supplement and been drinking it for years, this shampoo was something I just had to try. Plus it's organic, cruelty free etc, literally a whole list of good things to its credit. Also liking the 'Apple Cider Refresh Conditioner' which restores my hair condition and works perfectly with the shampoo. If you find once a week usage of the shampoo too much for your hair, I'd definitely recommend using the conditioner straight after - leaving in your hair for at least 5 minutes to get the softness and shine back which the shampoo when used alone tends to remove to some degree. One of my current favorite shampoos and one I will definitely be repurchasing.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 7/21/2018 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this as a weekly detox to get rid of any buildup from hair styling products and oils. It's a strong product so you shouldn't use it more than once a week as it could be too drying.

I started using it when I had a greasy patch on the crown of my head, and regardless of how thorough I was with my other shampoo, it wouldn't go away completely.

on 3/19/2018 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I never like to bring down a rating but this was just a mess for my hair. I have throughout the past year cut back from washing my hair every day to once a week. I thought this would be great for the weekly cleanse but it just stripped my hair of any moisture and left it soooo brittle and dry. I've never bleached my hair but I have reason to believe this shampoo made my hair feel an effect similar to bleach. Awful for me unfortunately!

It didn't work out for me but I think it's still pretty good shampoo if you don't have a sensitive scalp. Made my hair soft, smells great but it made mt scalp itchy after a few uses. Tried it on and off for a couple of months.
Pros: softens hair; pleasant apple scent; hair fells very clean after the wash
So-so: without discount slightly expensive; didn't like the bottle, it was hard to get a small amount of product in one go
Cons: not suitable for sensitive scalps

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this shampoo because it smells AMAZING. After using it, it makes your hair smell and feel so light and clean. Turns out that the only good thing about this shampoo is the scent. I've been using it on and off for the past couple of months, and I've realized that my hair would get so greasy after one day. It made my day 2 hair look like day 4 hair...gross.

However, I used it more than once a week and that may have caused my scalp to become dry; as a result made it my scalp much oilier because of its clarifying properties. Going to just keep using the shampoo but on a once a week basis, and would not buy again.

on 11/19/2017 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Smells like fresh apples and lathers surprisingly well for sulphate-free shampoo. Hair is squeaky clean, all residue removed. This is especially wonderful for removing salt water/chlorine and other chemicals from the pool. Unless you have oily hair I would alternate using this with a more hydrating shampoo otherwise you may end up with overstripped locks. I love this brand for a number of reasons. They are cruelty-free, use recyclable packaging, natural ingredients, no harsh chemicals. I recommend using this sparingly, it really is super concentrated because you will notice a difference after the very first time you use it.

on 11/17/2017 8:19:00 AM

I use a clarifying shampoo once a week when I use my hair mask and this works so well, leaves your hair so clean like you've been to a salon.
I wouldn't be able to use it more than once a week as I find it drys out my already dry scalp. Also I read that if you have coloured hair you should limit your use of clarifying shampoo to once a week.
Overall it is a really nice product, I didn't buy it in Walmart but I saw it there yesterday for just over $3 so it is a total steal compared to some drug store brands! It has a slight apple cider vinegar smell but I really like it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this shampoo because I've been on a hunt for something that will not make my scalp itchy. About 8 years ago I suddenly developed an itchy scalp and I think it is because of all the chemicals that are in shampoos. I've tried everything, even natural shampoos like tea tree oil but that made my scalp even itchier. This shampoo SAVED my ITCHY scalp. If you have an issue like me, I recommend you give it a try.

on 5/21/2017 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Had to sign up to review this shampoo.

I have coarse, wavy, thick hair. It's not dry, but definitely prone to frizziness and buildup. This is hands down, the BEST shampoo to ever touch my locks.

Most clarifying shampoos are extremely drying. This left my hair soft, smooth, silky, and full of volume! Of course I follow with a good conditioner, but I could tell my hair was clean without feeling straw-like.

10/10, HG product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is an excellent clarifying shampoo that doesn't have SLS and yet, it does a great job of leaving my hair feeling squeaky clean without stripping it dry.
Most clarifying shampoos contain SLS which I avoid due to sensitive skin/scalp and not wanting to strip the colour from my hair. I also didn't want to spend a lot of money on brands like Pureology (meh in my opinion) so Live Clean's Apple Cider shampoo scores big with that.
It does smell like apple cider so if you're scent sensitive, beware.

I'll use this shampoo about once every other week or once a week, depending on how much styling product I use.
I love how my hair feels afterwards and when it's dry, it's soft and manageable. (conditioner is a must afterwards)
I don't recommend using this shampoo more than once a week; otherwise it will leave your hair feeling very parched.

A definite re-purchase!