e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.6

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like this but I don’t love it. Its not horrible. Hasn’t caused a breakout and most definitely makes my fave less powdery. Spray too much and you’ll look dry. The scent isn’t actually as big a deal as others are saying, but maybe I just don’t actually drown in it lol

The spray mechanism has gotten better. It’s a staple in my cars makeup bag. I keep the bare minimum in my car for juuuust in case.

I don’t notice longevity but I do notice that I’m less greasy looking by the end of the work day compared to when I have no setting spray at all

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I didn't notice it doing anything except giving me cystic pimples. I don't remember last time I got a huge painful pimple, using this spray I've got two.
It didn't help my blush or highlighter to stay any longer. I think it's a nice product to set powder foundation and stop it from looking powdery but that's all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok this is my holy grail, finally I have my own holy grail. This restored my faith in makeup products and the world. Finally I found something that actually works. Finally something that everyone is crazy over, I am too. I actually noticed a difference in the longevity of my makeup, it's just unbelievable, that my ultra-oily skin would find its savior. Yes my skin still gets oily, but it's not the disgusting oily anymore, just normal, and I hope, acceptable, oily, you know? Just be careful not to spray too much which I do sometimes because I didn't feel like I got much spray on a part of my face (ok I think the pump might be what to blame?) and I'd spray too much and it would drip from my face actually...you don't want that. But I do love how I look right after I sprayed it, my wet skin looks so pretty and dreamy...or is it just because I've gotten some product on my eyelashes so I couldn't see my flaws clearly? Seriously though, don't get it in your eyes because it really irritates them, again, happens when you spray too much. I use around 6 sprays each time, or at least I try to...

A bottle lasts a few months and I've bought them a few times already.

I love this product so much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Compolitian UK had an article about best misting sprays. The matte version of this setting spray was comparable to some high end setting sprays, ranked 9 out of 10. I am not one to use a setting spray, so I decided to give this a try. $4 is a great deal at Wal-Mart, but I couldn't find the matte version.

This setting spray has a horrible mister. It releases too much product and you end up soaked like someone threw water at your face. It gave my face a burning sensation, so be careful sensitive skin people.

It also did nothing for my makeup longevity, I think partly because of the mister. I tried to use this for brushes to apply eyeshadow but it completely soaked my brushes and made the eyeshadow patchy.

I am not sure how this made it on the Cosmo UK list. Save your money.

Not for me. It literally doesn't "set" anything on me and my makeup gets oily as fast as usual. If anything its another layer of gunk on my face to pool with my foundation unless I use something to set it, that actually works. I don't want a setting spray I need to set with another spray! lol

I think almost all other setting sprays I've tried are better than this one: Urban Decay, Hourglass and my HG Coola set+spf spray.
For me its not even good for the price, id rather slather on some of their setting powder if I was short on cash.

Sorry not sorry for being blunt. Glad to see others like it though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Good but horrible mister. I pored it over in an empty bottle from another brand which has a better mister. The product itself works to prolong the wear time of your make up. It does not make your face look more dewy or more natural. I use another product for that ( Make Up Revolution Ultra Pro Glow) and then finish with the Elf one. After you have used the product rinse the mister with water so there wont be any product residue clogging up the mister for next use.

I'm VERY disappointed in this product! I spent $8 (US) on a very small bottle. Used it for 3 days, just for it to burn my skin! My face is covered in burns and blisters. On my nose, under my eyes, my lips, chin, forehead. I've been to the emergency room for it causing my face to feel like it's melting. I can't open my mouth, blink my eyes, even lay my face on my pillow at night because of the product. I've bought a lot of elf products to use. I love them all, but this situation has caused me not to trust any of their other products again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This makes my make up last long, sprays nicely and has a great price! I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

For the price, it really doesn't hurt to give this spray a try because I know some people absolutely love this product. Personally though, I did not enjoy using it because of the spray. It comes out in splotches and makes me feel like I'm being rained on. I also don't notice a huge difference in the longevity of my makeup. Overall, there are definitely better sprays out there, even in the drugstore so I would not be repurchasing.

[1]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was skeptical about this product given the mixed reviews on this site but this was rated 9.5/10 on an internet magazine article compared to more expensive sprays, so I rushed out to buy this. I love this spray because it actually works. I spray this in the morning and my foundation is intact when I get home from work. I can tell the most in pictures. I was worried about breaking out because I have sensitive skin but I have been using this for a week and no break ups. I prefer setting spray as opposed to touching up with powder midday. Love this!! The other reviews about the mist being too heavy is true. I would recommend holding this far from your face, and walking into the mist. Or transferring it to a different bottle with a finer mist.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools