e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.6

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

The packaging is pretty simple…black bottle with a spray top and that’s it, the price is around 6$ which is alright so can’t complain 😊

I’ve been trying it now for some time and I have to say that I do enjoy using it before I apply my foundation it just gives that freshness and the foundation goes on pretty well because of the damp surface.

When it comes to using the spray after I’m done with my makeup application, I personally find that the mist is too strong which then gives me a wet face rather than a damped face…and it also takes time to dry…What I personally don’t like is having bigger drops on my face because the mist isn’t spreading the product evenly.

All in all, the product isn’t bad if you want to use it as ‘’primer’’ but I don’t see a difference when it comes to how long my makeup stays put…I always powder my face as my last step and this is enough for me where I personally don’t see any sense of why I should use the spray on top of it.

I know for sure that I won’t buy this spray again because it just doesn’t make any sense for my makeup application/routine.

I wish I'd realized when I bought this that there's a matte version . . . Nevertheless, it works well, you get a lot for a low price, and the spray is good -- not fantastic like a fine mist, but you get used to holding this a little further from your face. The only reason I won't repurchase is because I prefer a matte finish, but if dewy is for you and you're on budget, this is a good buy.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product does nothing for me, I do not see that it makes my makeup last longer or keep my face matte.
It has a mild scent to it, but I do not find it to be overwhelming. The mist is not as fine as it should be, so if you spray a couple of times, you will end up with too much product on your face.
It retails for 4 $ for 2.02 fl. oz./60 ml

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product but for the price was not expecting much of it. When you spray it is not a soft and light mist. It. feel like it's running down on your face. My opinion is You will have the same results by using plain water.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

Honestly this product does nothing for me. Sure, the first minutes after applying it, it makes the face slightly dewy and less powdery. But even this effect is not long-lasting. It doesn't extend the wear time of the makeup either. Basically, it has no added value to my makeup so I won't be using it anymore.
The price is very low though so can't complain about that. the packaging is basic and practical.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I like this but I don’t love it. Its not horrible. Hasn’t caused a breakout and most definitely makes my fave less powdery. Spray too much and you’ll look dry. The scent isn’t actually as big a deal as others are saying, but maybe I just don’t actually drown in it lol

The spray mechanism has gotten better. It’s a staple in my cars makeup bag. I keep the bare minimum in my car for juuuust in case.

I don’t notice longevity but I do notice that I’m less greasy looking by the end of the work day compared to when I have no setting spray at all

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I didn't notice it doing anything except giving me cystic pimples. I don't remember last time I got a huge painful pimple, using this spray I've got two.
It didn't help my blush or highlighter to stay any longer. I think it's a nice product to set powder foundation and stop it from looking powdery but that's all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ok this is my holy grail, finally I have my own holy grail. This restored my faith in makeup products and the world. Finally I found something that actually works. Finally something that everyone is crazy over, I am too. I actually noticed a difference in the longevity of my makeup, it's just unbelievable, that my ultra-oily skin would find its savior. Yes my skin still gets oily, but it's not the disgusting oily anymore, just normal, and I hope, acceptable, oily, you know? Just be careful not to spray too much which I do sometimes because I didn't feel like I got much spray on a part of my face (ok I think the pump might be what to blame?) and I'd spray too much and it would drip from my face actually...you don't want that. But I do love how I look right after I sprayed it, my wet skin looks so pretty and dreamy...or is it just because I've gotten some product on my eyelashes so I couldn't see my flaws clearly? Seriously though, don't get it in your eyes because it really irritates them, again, happens when you spray too much. I use around 6 sprays each time, or at least I try to...

A bottle lasts a few months and I've bought them a few times already.

I love this product so much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Compolitian UK had an article about best misting sprays. The matte version of this setting spray was comparable to some high end setting sprays, ranked 9 out of 10. I am not one to use a setting spray, so I decided to give this a try. $4 is a great deal at Wal-Mart, but I couldn't find the matte version.

This setting spray has a horrible mister. It releases too much product and you end up soaked like someone threw water at your face. It gave my face a burning sensation, so be careful sensitive skin people.

It also did nothing for my makeup longevity, I think partly because of the mister. I tried to use this for brushes to apply eyeshadow but it completely soaked my brushes and made the eyeshadow patchy.

I am not sure how this made it on the Cosmo UK list. Save your money.

Not for me. It literally doesn't "set" anything on me and my makeup gets oily as fast as usual. If anything its another layer of gunk on my face to pool with my foundation unless I use something to set it, that actually works. I don't want a setting spray I need to set with another spray! lol

I think almost all other setting sprays I've tried are better than this one: Urban Decay, Hourglass and my HG Coola set+spf spray.
For me its not even good for the price, id rather slather on some of their setting powder if I was short on cash.

Sorry not sorry for being blunt. Glad to see others like it though.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools