E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.7

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this setting spray! I found mine at Wal-mart for $2.99 and I thought I'd give it a try. The sprayer on this is surprisingly well! It has an even mist when you spray it that doesn't leave droplets on your face. My favorite way to use this is before and after my makeup. It's great for spraying your face if you think your makeup looks powdery and dry. This is a great product for $3 and I think everyone needs it!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this spray as a nice way to refresh my skin with a little hydration and some good for the skin ingredients without disturbing my makeup. It works great for that and is really refreshing on a hot day or after a workout if you have chilled it a little bit in the fridge.

This is the first setting spray I ever tried and I just don't feel like it does anything to set your makeup and extend the wear. I have started using wet n wild photo focus spray and it actually works, though I'll probably continue to experiment with other brands.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I feel like you definitely get what you pay for with this product. For me, it was basically like spraying water onto my face. The smell is nice but overall I was completely underwhelmed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After losing all of my possessions I had to restart my makeup collection. Being broke as I am, 80% of my basics are from ELF! And basically all my brushes. They're cheap, most of their products are effective enough, and they're cruelty-free.

This was one of their products that to me, was absolutely worth the little money I spent on it. I don't really think it makes my makeup last longer, but it sets my foundation and powders and is a great medium to use for wetting your eye shadows. To me it preforms as well as Fix+. It isn't a very fine mist, but there isn't any huge droplets and it has never made my makeup look drippy or streaky. It really sets your powder and makes your makeup look natural and beautiful. I also notice my blush and bronzer last much longer when I spray it on top of them (I have a bad habit of touching my face and wiping my blush away lol). The smell is subtle and has never bothered me. Overall this is a great product, does what it says it will do, and is a phenomenal price even for the small amount. It lasts me about a month using some everyday, but again I don't mind that because it's so affordable.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

From my knowledge of research, setting spray is NOT and WILL not do the same as fixing spray or refreshing mist. Just google the difference and read the reddit forum from a expert make up artist. From this response, most of them do one thing only and do not do all 3. Setting spray. only meshes makeup into one layer. NOT make your makeup last longer. Fixing spray ONLY is what makes it last longer. refreshing mist ONLY adds a tiny bit of moisture. Depending on how u apply it. It will do nothing if u add a reshresher spray after your makeup. it will only appear that way for few mins as it 'wets' face, then go back to the way it was before. That is all according to this guy. Idk, i have very dry skin in winter and would love for something to actually add moisture throught the day when the makeup seems to dry my fsce out the longer it's on. but who knkws what works. This elf product did wet my face and was cheap, did it add moisture who knows because so many different marketing techniques mislesd u to think they all do the same thing so u buh them when in fact they only do one. if i knkw which one it was actually suppose to do them i could at least look to see if that made a difference but idk.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this. I found my bottle to spray fine - it wasn't uneven, or splotchy - it sprayed perfectly! The smell was fine, lasted for like 2 seconds.

I can say this doesn't make makeup last - but it DID help to set my powder into my skin after I applied a buttload over my tinted moisturizer. I love that I don't have to hesitate putting on powder right after applying my tinted moisturizer for fear of a powdery face - this stuff took that away immediately. Love it for the price!

It molds your face products as one unit nicely, (which is understandable, since this is a setting spray - not a fix spray, more on that here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MakeupAddiction/comments/3f42bu/enough_misinformation_the_real_and_actual/). I find that after I spray this on my face, my bronzer and blush seem to disappear, so I have to reapply both once the spray dries. But I love that it sets my powder and makes my skin look flawless! I've also found that since I've been using this (over a week) my skin is SUPER soft. No skin issues with using this either - and I have extremely sensitive skin, so that's great news.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The spray works wonders but the spray nozzle is really bad, I have to really pay attention and control the distance at which I spray the mist on my face, or else my face would be really wet and uneven. It's really worth it for the price but the packaging is just bad.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sprayed very uneven. I didn't like it but it's okay I guess

This stuff is awesome. It takes away the powdery look after baking and if my skin is a little dry-looking, a couple sprays and it's super hydrated. It's not a miracle worker spray but it does make my makeup look better and stay on slightly longer. And great price. Doesn't last me long though

SORRY! I would give it a try, you may like it but I did not like how it sprayed because it was a bit uneven..

Popular Misc Beauty Tools