E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.7

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This does basically nothing. I don't notice it making my makeup last longer. Personally, I don't even notice it making my makeup look much less powdery. It just ... does nothing. It's like water. I guess it does refresh my face a little bit? The spray bottle isn't very good though. I will not be repurchasing.

EDIT: After some more testing, I am changing my review from 2 to 4 stars. It turns out that this does help with making makeup stay on -- you just have to spray a LOT on. I basically sprayed my entire face with this until it was dripping wet, and then let it dry. When I did that, my makeup really did 'set' onto my face. Even my bullet lipstick became almost transfer proof. It uses up a lot of product, but this setting spray is pretty cheap, so I don't really mind. Overall, not a bad product, actually.

It has a very chemically stink to it and it sprays on terrible. It's like dumping straight up water on your face. My air fresher has a better mist than this. It's okay for the price. I feel bad wasting money, so I just spray my brushes with it before using eye shadow but that's about the only time I use it. It doesn't do any setting, but it does make your make-up look a little less powdery but even spraying water on your face would probably do the same thing.

Like most have said, the spray bottle is absolutely terrible, but the product is great. I find that I can just as easily spray this onto a tissue or cotton ball and dab it onto my face, and the setting power still works like magic! This really locks in my makeup-- good enough to even take a nap in makeup and still find my face intact afterwords! Really, really good price too.

Does its job good, very inexpensive and dries pretty quickly

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This setting spray is just collecting dust on my makeup desk. The nozzle is no bueno. Just shoots you in the face with ginormous droplets. It doesn't make my makeup last any longer. I have used it a couple of times as a "lock and seal". Then use another setting spray for the whole face. Can't really say it adds any benefits when using it like this but hey I'm willing to really work a product before it's gifted to someone. I don't really have anything positive to say about this. Save a few more bucks and go for the Milani make it last or make it dewy.
UPDATE: this works very well as a method to get your shadow brush damp for product pickup.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Overall product and setting spray is good however, the nozzle is more of a spray type than a mist therefore leaving some spots on the face more wet than others.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

For the price, this setting spray is pretty good, but I really do not like the sprayer. I usually decant this into a different bottle with a better sprayer and get much more pleasant results. I don't find this particular spray to be either dewy or mattifying, but instead it just sets the makeup and helps it to last. I prefer Makeup Revolution and NYX setting sprays from the drug store, but if I can't get those I do still repurchase ELF's version. There's no smell and it doesn't irritate my eyes, and those are also plusses.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Well, this basically gets your face wet after doing your makeup. It does help powders look less dusty, but I find my own facial oils do that pretty quickly if I wait 20 minutes. This doesn't extend foundation time at all for me.

So, what I use it for is foiling eyeshadows. I spray my hand, dip my brush in to get it wet, then go to town on the eyeshadow.

Sure it works for this. I might even rebuy in a 50% off order just for this purpose. It's basically water, though.

I love it but the spritzer is crap. It's crazy how I can aim it directly at my face from a few inches away and it will spray everywhere BUT on my face. I think based on previous reviews.. some bottles will be defective with a wonky spray nozzles-and others may be fine. Regardless, it's cheap packaging and the mist is not very fine, although it doesn't totally soak my face or anything, and it dries quickly. Regarding the people who claimed this smells like fish oil...if yours smells that way you should probably throw it in the garbage, because mine smells nothing like that. Mine smells more like a green tea type of scent. Anyhow, when I do manage to get this spray on my face, it feels good and refreshing like water, and takes away the powdery look and feel of my powder foundation-which is what I wanted it for. Melds the makeup into the skin and look natural. Cheap and has some good ingredients. If you're looking for a setting spray to makeup last longer I would look elsewhere though....this is not one of those "Hairspray for the face" kind of sprays...it's a simple mist...similar to using the "mineral water in a spray can" sprays. It's definitely not the most elegant spray ever, and I wish they didn't package this in the EXACT same bottle as the Daily Brush Cleaner-because I have that too and I definitely do not want to accidentally spray my face with brush cleaner!!!

I actually kind of love this product, it's been one of my staples for years . I keep a few extra on hand at all times . I use it mainly to went my brushes if I want to have my shadows more intense . I have used it before makeup as well and it's great

Popular Misc Beauty Tools