E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.7

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

I love it but the spritzer is crap. It's crazy how I can aim it directly at my face from a few inches away and it will spray everywhere BUT on my face. I think based on previous reviews.. some bottles will be defective with a wonky spray nozzles-and others may be fine. Regardless, it's cheap packaging and the mist is not very fine, although it doesn't totally soak my face or anything, and it dries quickly. Regarding the people who claimed this smells like fish oil...if yours smells that way you should probably throw it in the garbage, because mine smells nothing like that. Mine smells more like a green tea type of scent. Anyhow, when I do manage to get this spray on my face, it feels good and refreshing like water, and takes away the powdery look and feel of my powder foundation-which is what I wanted it for. Melds the makeup into the skin and look natural. Cheap and has some good ingredients. If you're looking for a setting spray to makeup last longer I would look elsewhere though....this is not one of those "Hairspray for the face" kind of sprays...it's a simple mist...similar to using the "mineral water in a spray can" sprays. It's definitely not the most elegant spray ever, and I wish they didn't package this in the EXACT same bottle as the Daily Brush Cleaner-because I have that too and I definitely do not want to accidentally spray my face with brush cleaner!!!

I actually kind of love this product, it's been one of my staples for years . I keep a few extra on hand at all times . I use it mainly to went my brushes if I want to have my shadows more intense . I have used it before makeup as well and it's great

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this after reading many positive reviews here about this product and I was not disappointed with it at all! It's only $4 at Walmart and is perfect to achieve a more dewy finish. My skin is combo so usually after I am finish with foundation, concealer, and baking, there are some spots that are patchy due to the dry patches and using this helps moisturize and makes all my makeup melt together nicely. The only problem about this was the bottle would spray into different directions than to what I aim to and I feel like you waste a lot of product but then again, it is only $4 so you can't go wrong.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't use this to make my makeup last any longer than usual...I use it to take away any ashy affect I get from my super matte foundations and the baking that I do which is essential to keeping my insanely oily skin in check. It's so refreshing and is the first setting spray to not feel sticky like hairspray or irritate my eyes. I baked one time like normal and for some odd reason the powder wouldn't blend away properly; a few quick sprays of this and the excess powder was instantly absorbed and everything looked so soft and even. For $3 you can't do any better.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this setting spray! I found mine at Wal-mart for $2.99 and I thought I'd give it a try. The sprayer on this is surprisingly well! It has an even mist when you spray it that doesn't leave droplets on your face. My favorite way to use this is before and after my makeup. It's great for spraying your face if you think your makeup looks powdery and dry. This is a great product for $3 and I think everyone needs it!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this spray as a nice way to refresh my skin with a little hydration and some good for the skin ingredients without disturbing my makeup. It works great for that and is really refreshing on a hot day or after a workout if you have chilled it a little bit in the fridge.

This is the first setting spray I ever tried and I just don't feel like it does anything to set your makeup and extend the wear. I have started using wet n wild photo focus spray and it actually works, though I'll probably continue to experiment with other brands.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I feel like you definitely get what you pay for with this product. For me, it was basically like spraying water onto my face. The smell is nice but overall I was completely underwhelmed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After losing all of my possessions I had to restart my makeup collection. Being broke as I am, 80% of my basics are from ELF! And basically all my brushes. They're cheap, most of their products are effective enough, and they're cruelty-free.

This was one of their products that to me, was absolutely worth the little money I spent on it. I don't really think it makes my makeup last longer, but it sets my foundation and powders and is a great medium to use for wetting your eye shadows. To me it preforms as well as Fix+. It isn't a very fine mist, but there isn't any huge droplets and it has never made my makeup look drippy or streaky. It really sets your powder and makes your makeup look natural and beautiful. I also notice my blush and bronzer last much longer when I spray it on top of them (I have a bad habit of touching my face and wiping my blush away lol). The smell is subtle and has never bothered me. Overall this is a great product, does what it says it will do, and is a phenomenal price even for the small amount. It lasts me about a month using some everyday, but again I don't mind that because it's so affordable.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

From my knowledge of research, setting spray is NOT and WILL not do the same as fixing spray or refreshing mist. Just google the difference and read the reddit forum from a expert make up artist. From this response, most of them do one thing only and do not do all 3. Setting spray. only meshes makeup into one layer. NOT make your makeup last longer. Fixing spray ONLY is what makes it last longer. refreshing mist ONLY adds a tiny bit of moisture. Depending on how u apply it. It will do nothing if u add a reshresher spray after your makeup. it will only appear that way for few mins as it 'wets' face, then go back to the way it was before. That is all according to this guy. Idk, i have very dry skin in winter and would love for something to actually add moisture throught the day when the makeup seems to dry my fsce out the longer it's on. but who knkws what works. This elf product did wet my face and was cheap, did it add moisture who knows because so many different marketing techniques mislesd u to think they all do the same thing so u buh them when in fact they only do one. if i knkw which one it was actually suppose to do them i could at least look to see if that made a difference but idk.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this. I found my bottle to spray fine - it wasn't uneven, or splotchy - it sprayed perfectly! The smell was fine, lasted for like 2 seconds.

I can say this doesn't make makeup last - but it DID help to set my powder into my skin after I applied a buttload over my tinted moisturizer. I love that I don't have to hesitate putting on powder right after applying my tinted moisturizer for fear of a powdery face - this stuff took that away immediately. Love it for the price!

It molds your face products as one unit nicely, (which is understandable, since this is a setting spray - not a fix spray, more on that here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MakeupAddiction/comments/3f42bu/enough_misinformation_the_real_and_actual/). I find that after I spray this on my face, my bronzer and blush seem to disappear, so I have to reapply both once the spray dries. But I love that it sets my powder and makes my skin look flawless! I've also found that since I've been using this (over a week) my skin is SUPER soft. No skin issues with using this either - and I have extremely sensitive skin, so that's great news.