Sukin Facial Moisturiser

Sukin Facial Moisturiser

3.9

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Ceteareth-20, Glycerin, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rose Hip), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Equisetum Arvense Extract (Horsetail), Arctium Lappa Extract (Burdock), Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Vanilla Planifolia Extract, Citrus Paradisi Extract, (Grapefruit Seed), Linalool, * Limonene. * * Natural component of essential oils.

on 6/23/2016 11:14:00 AM

I'm a little surprised at all the bad reviews on this product.
I bought this, the night cream and the foaming cleanser on a whim and so far, I love all of them.

The moisturizer is light, has a nice scent and absorbs quickly - also, only $10CAD!

I have dehydrated, combination skin that can be sensitive - more sensitive to synthetic fragrances, however, essential oils have never irritated my skin.

So far I really like it! I wish they had a version with Spf. I will probably buy again once I run out.

on 4/10/2016 7:34:00 AM

I really, really wanted to love this moisturiser. I tried my hardest to make it work for me. It had everything going for it - extremely affordable price, all-natural ingredients... but after a week of using it, it broke me out so severely that it drove me to the point of tears. I had completely clear, flawless skin before I started using this moisturiser - and a week later my cheeks were completely red and inflamed and my entire forehead was full of pimples.

Turns out that the ingredient list is full of irritating substances and highly comedogenic ingredients. I might try the sensitive facial moisturiser once my skin has calmed down, but this product was a disappointment, ruined my sense of self-worth, and needs to be reformulated.

Edit, three months later: The sensitive facial moisturiser didn't work for me either. It was way milder than the original one, but it still clogged me up and broke me out. However, I would like to stress that this is no fault of the company or of the product -- not everyone can tolerate essential oils and natural ingredients. I've had the same reaction to Lush's products before. I've now switched to regular brands with regular ingredients and I've jumped off the 'natural' bandwagon and my skin has been crystal clear ever since.

To Read all 81 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/26/2016 11:14:00 AM

Arghhh! This product caused me to have really bad cystic acne. It was the only product in my routine I changed so I know it was caused by this product. I had no idea it was so pore clogging. This company shouldn't be allowed of sell it. Even if it didn't give you break outs it doesn't feel like it moisturises skin at all. Instead I get a tight feeling after application.

on 12/15/2015 1:52:00 AM

Unfortunately, I think this might have been clogging my pores and breaking me out! I finished a container of this and then brought the Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturizer to try and have just finished that....I have only just realised now that these moisturizers contain Wheat Germ Oil and Cocoa Seed Butter which can clog pores and cause acne. So I think that I might have found the culprit!

*Pros:

*Contains some beneficial ingredients.

*Absorbs fast.

*Leaves skin matte.

*Has a nice citrus scent.

*Cons:

*Contains Wheat Germ Oil which has a comedogenic rating of 5 out of 5!

*Contains Cocoa Seed Butter which has a comedogenic rating of 4.

*Wasn't quite moisturising enough for when my skin was on the dryer side in winter.

*Contains Tangerine Peel Oil and Mandarin Orange Peel Oil which are skin irritants.

*Contains Lavender oil which is a skin irritant and can cause skin cell death.

*Contains Limonene and Linalool which are also skin irritants.

The Sensitive Facial Moisturizer is free from these skin irritants but still contains the Wheat Germ Oil and Cocoa Seed Butter.

on 10/5/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Pros:
-Made in Australia
-Fantastic shaped bottle
-Vegan
-Absorbs faster than most moisturizer

Cons:
-Smell is just too strong for me (makes me sneeze sometimes)
-Gave me acne

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

First off, I love almost all of Sukin's products (skincare and haircare). I usually buy this moisturizer in the "sensitive" formula (with the pink and beige packaging). I ran out and figured, why not try the regular formula? Bad idea. It felt fine going on, and for the whole day seemed okay. However, towards the end of the day I noticed that my neck (where I had also applied the lotion), was developing an eczema-like rash. It was very scaly and red, and slightly itchy. When I got home and washed my face that night I saw my chin was very much the same as my neck, but with weird little bumps too. This strange rash was all over my neck and chin, moving up onto my jaw/cheeks. I was like oh hell no! lol I washed my face and applied my soothing night cream and my face instantly felt better. I am very hesitant to try this again and I know it was the lotion that caused this (I had not changed anything else in my skincare routine). I would be very careful for those of you who have very sensitive skin, as I do. This lotion also seemed to make me breakout a little bit. I would not recommend this lotion, but instead get the sensitive version. I absolutely love the sensitive facial moisturizer, it's super gentle, doesn't make me breakout, smells like vanilla, and doesn't leave me with any weird rashes like the regular formula! Like I said, this lotion seemed fine and I wasn't worried until the end of the day when I went to take my makeup off and noticed the rash on my neck. Do not purchase if you have sensitive skin at all!

I previously used the Kiehl's ultra moisturising concentrated whitening cream. It worked best for me but it whitens my face. While i enjoy having a tan and my body skin tone is not fair, it can look a bit awkward, especially when i'm having my self-tan products on. I was looking for another moisturiser with a more affordable price and found good reviews on this (the Kiehl's one is a bit pricey and it lasts for 4 months though). I get this at Chemist Warehouse at AUD 8.30 and I try the sample on but am not quite sure about it until I buy it and apply it at home after i remove my makeup. I totally fall in love with it, so i will list down the pros and cons of Sukin moisturiser:
Pros:
- Absorb quickly
- Lightweighted
- Makes your skin glow and captures the moist in your skin
- Good design
- Organic natural ingredients
- Cheap

Cons:
- Not sure if I like the smell of Vitamin C but yeah...
- Only in Aus

Further suggestions: this is a must-have in winter. I will totally be loyal to this brand.

on 6/15/2015 4:09:00 AM

Only one, but major complaint about this product - COMEDOGENIC!

I was looking for a good moisturiser (dry winter skin, but acne prone) and had heard very good reviews about this product, and whilst I'm sure it works for certain skin types (some people tolerate rich emulsifiers and emolients better than others), I would never repurchase nor recommend this to acne-prone skins that are prone to clogging as this moisturiser clog my pores and made me break out. I tried to use it several times and made sure it wasn't something else breaking me out, but I'm quite confident it is this moisturiser. I'm now using it up as a body moisturiser as body skin can tolerate much richer creams than face skin.

Also, if you look up the ingredients, several of the top ingredients are known to be comedogeneic, such as Sesamum indicum Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cacao Seed Butter, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, and Germ Oil.

Other milder complaints:
- strong, oriental smell, which was fine by me, but others have told me they cannot stand it
- also, only ever get the pump version as the cream is thick and is quite hard to get out of the non-pump bottle version that I have.

This moisturiser is great! It has mostly natural ingredients free of the usual chemicals that inhabit our skincare products. It absorbs very quickly however I took a lippie off because I feel like I need to double moisturise with this product as one application usually isn't enough. I have combination skin for reference. I prefer the sensitive version of this, I feel as though it is more moisturising, although the regular one smells divine like with all sukin products. This is my new go to brand, extremely cheap, environmentally and skin friendly! WIN!

on 2/26/2015 8:52:00 AM

literally my holy grail of moisturisers.

i admit that i'm going to sound a little bit like a paid sponsor (i'm not i promise, i'm just super keen!), but this really is one of the best moisturisers i've ever used.

a friend of mine recommended sukin because of how eco-friendly it is so i thought i'd give it a try, and i was super pleased!

i have a generally normal skin type with a lil bit of oil around my nose, so i'm not sure how this moisturiser goes for oily or dry skin, but for me it is great! it absorbs quickly (doesn't leave you feeling dewy and wet for ages) and leaves my skin feeling super fresh, smooth and just really really clean. i've used it both on it's own and as a part of a skincare routine and either way it's great!

pros:
affordable considering the quality
eco-friendly which is always a plus
no weird chemicals or anything
does the job!
smells nice (which might be a con it definitely does have a distinct fragrance, as do all sukin products i've found, but it's by no means a bad one!)

cons:
does not completely remove the oil around my nose (however that might take some sort of divine miracle tbh)

however: i do use this moisturiser with the toner, cleanser and scrub so i think it might be one of those things where you need the whole kit and kaboodle to get the best results, judging from other people's experiences.

overall though, 10/10. protip: if you live in australia, you can get this and most other sukin products hella cheap at chemist warehouse.