Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette
Violet Eye from Stila Color Wheel look bookSome swatches from the Stila Color WheelMore swatches from Stila Color Wheel

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was excited to have a rainbow palette made by a company as esteemed as Stila. Since I'd paid full price for my only other Stila shadow (kitten pan, of course) and LOVE it, I thought it would be amazing to try this many of their other shades at such a great price. I was disappointed, however, in how not-so-fab these shadows are for me. Even layering with Urban Decay primer, the lighter shades like the yellows and golds didn't show up on my skin. They tend to rub off by the end of the day and are kind of whispery-light, lacking in the deep pigmentation I'd hoped to play around with. I will keep trying as I don't have zillions of eye shadow shades and it's nice to experiment with new looks, even if they're a little subpar. Oh, and I have had no success with using them wet...they don't get creamy, just kind of shiny and then don't adhere to the brush (don't use the brushes they come with, they're kind of shabby).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this palate I find myself going back to it again and again. There is also a get the look app!

on 2/1/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product wasn't what I expected, but it has turned out to be my favorite palette in modern memory.

I thought the palette would be smaller - say, 4"x4", not 8"x8". I bought it for my gym locker in which it does not fit well because of the enormous size. On day 1, I busted the palette's hinge when it tumbled out of my locker.

But.. there were lovely surprises about the palette. I expected to use the colors freehand, but trying the looks in the book has been fun. So far every look has really complimented my brown eyes in a way that is slightly different than I would come up with on my own.

Some complain that the colors are unpigmented, but I think they are the perfect pigmentation for me - I am fair and use before heading back to work in an office on my lunch break. I love how the whole range of colors - including teal - can be worn back to the office, which would not be the case if the shadows were much more pigmented. The book instructs one to use a wet brush for more pigmentation and that has certainly worked for me. I don't have eyeshadow primer at the gym and the colors stay really well into the evening.

I think this is a great value for those of you who aren't going for a shocking look.

on 1/7/2011 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color wheel is amazing. I love all the colors and the little book that comes inside. I am always looking for new ideas for putting on makeup and this lays it out very easily. The colors could be a little more pigmented, but with a great primer/base they should be fine. Also, you can't beat the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As far as eyeshadows go I'm a stila fan. When buying single pallets I tend to buy in the same color family. This seemed like a good opportunity to experiment with different colors so I don't mind that some of the colors are in small quantities. I used just about every color in the pallet now and I have to tell you the color payoff is great. All the colors are very wearable, even the brighter ones. They are not as bright as they look in the pallet. I don't have a problem with fallout with stila products. I always tap my brush into the pallets and tap onto the eyelid. I find you get the most concentrated color when applied this way. The packaging is nice and the pallet itself is a nice size. It is not transportable though, which is okay with me. I use a primer so the color lasts literally all day. That is what I really love about stila eyeshadows. The price of this pallet is very affordable given all the colors you get. I'd love to see a lip pallet llike this. One last thing, these shadows are great when foiled too.

on 11/17/2010 11:04:00 PM

Normally I wouldn't buy a palette with many different colors since I love berry, reds, wines, and beiges on my deep brown eyes, but I was pleasantly surprised when opening the palette that the colors while colorful are muted (for instance the greens are greyish green) and very wearable. Out of all of the colors there might be one and its one of the tinier ones that I probably won't wear and its a bright aqua. The pigment is great. I barely have to touch my brush to the color to get the right amount. People have complained in the past of stila colors being soft with alot of fall-out and I don't have that problem at all. If you dig your brushes into the color of course you will end up with too much shadow, thus fallout. Just as putting on shadow it should be patted on the lid instead of swiped. Pat your brush on the palette and you will get pigment without making a mess. This is not a tiny palette at all, they give you your moneys worth! It looks pretty sitting in the front of my large palette organizer too. All in all I have no regrets about this purchase and am happy that I did. In fact I am planning on picking up a few more for my sister and closest friends, they will love it!