Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette
Violet Eye from Stila Color Wheel look bookSome swatches from the Stila Color WheelMore swatches from Stila Color Wheel

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I loooove this palette. I like the concept of a color wheel, as I like to use the color wheel concept in applying makeup to best complement my bluish-greenish-grayish eyes. So depending on what color I would like my eyes to appear that day, I will use the shadow opposite the color of my eyes for that day.

Anyway, this product is wonderful. The shadows are good quality and soft. I can even use just my fingers--rather than a brush--to apply these shadows. I like how they are not too pigmented, but can be built upon, depending on if you are going to be in classes all day; or the gym; or a night out with friends or a date.

The lasting power on these is great--at least 8 hrs with the TFEI as a base.

I especially love the medium mauve-ish color; and the lightest nude color. I like to put the latter on my lid; and the former in the crease. Beautiful, and not eyeliner needed for a gorgeous natural look!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Eh...I'm a little on the fence with Stila on this one, primarily because the color payoff for these shadows is nothing close to how they appear in the booklet that comes with it. Personally, I don't even mind that too much because it means that some of the more dramatic looks that would usually intimidate me end up looking softer and more wearable, but it's still a bit dishonest. The fallout on these shadows is quite annoying, too; they're extremely powdery and soft. Also, I was disappointed to find that the book includes only twelve looks. Despite all these grievances, though, I will say I rather like this palette, if only because I use most of the colors in their own right and don't pay much attention to the book anymore. For the price, this is a decent palette if you're just looking for a variety of nice colors.

on 12/31/2010 12:36:00 PM

So I read all the other comments and I have to disagree a little. I was excited when I saw this because it is a great taste in different colors. And I am a huge fan of Stila because they aren't as over the top as Mac but they still use bright colors. I was a little disappointed in look book that came with it. It showed you these great looks and when you try to achieve them it looks nothing like what they show. Also they don't recommend what type of primmer to use. I normally use Mac's concealer but even applying the eyeshadows over top of that they didnt turn out vibrant and bright at all, they turned out very dull and almost compared to something I would expect a younger girl starting off wearing. What I ended up doing was applying my concealer and then applying a paint pot color, very close to my skin tone color, and then applying the eye shadows. You have to really apply the colors in at least 2 layers to get the color shown in the palette. The other thing that I recommend is if your going to use these colors wet they will crease... so try not to use them wet near your crease.

Overall I would not recommend this palette to anyone who is looking to achieve dramatic looks or any look that isnt light looking. I also used all Stila brushes and the colors didn't go on nearly as good as when I used my Mac brushes.