Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette
Violet Eye from Stila Color Wheel look bookSome swatches from the Stila Color WheelMore swatches from Stila Color Wheel

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I loooove this palette. I like the concept of a color wheel, as I like to use the color wheel concept in applying makeup to best complement my bluish-greenish-grayish eyes. So depending on what color I would like my eyes to appear that day, I will use the shadow opposite the color of my eyes for that day.

Anyway, this product is wonderful. The shadows are good quality and soft. I can even use just my fingers--rather than a brush--to apply these shadows. I like how they are not too pigmented, but can be built upon, depending on if you are going to be in classes all day; or the gym; or a night out with friends or a date.

The lasting power on these is great--at least 8 hrs with the TFEI as a base.

I especially love the medium mauve-ish color; and the lightest nude color. I like to put the latter on my lid; and the former in the crease. Beautiful, and not eyeliner needed for a gorgeous natural look!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this palate I find myself going back to it again and again. There is also a get the look app!

on 2/1/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product wasn't what I expected, but it has turned out to be my favorite palette in modern memory.

I thought the palette would be smaller - say, 4"x4", not 8"x8". I bought it for my gym locker in which it does not fit well because of the enormous size. On day 1, I busted the palette's hinge when it tumbled out of my locker.

But.. there were lovely surprises about the palette. I expected to use the colors freehand, but trying the looks in the book has been fun. So far every look has really complimented my brown eyes in a way that is slightly different than I would come up with on my own.

Some complain that the colors are unpigmented, but I think they are the perfect pigmentation for me - I am fair and use before heading back to work in an office on my lunch break. I love how the whole range of colors - including teal - can be worn back to the office, which would not be the case if the shadows were much more pigmented. The book instructs one to use a wet brush for more pigmentation and that has certainly worked for me. I don't have eyeshadow primer at the gym and the colors stay really well into the evening.

I think this is a great value for those of you who aren't going for a shocking look.

on 1/26/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I usually purchase eye shadows in neutral tones but I wanted to branch a bit. I liked this palette in the store because it has a wide variety of colors but they are all still muted. I have very pale skin so I thought the muted tones would be easy to play with. The colors are gorgeous in the pans but they dont translate onto skin. I swatched several of the colors when I got home and the color pay-off was horrible. Being as pale as I am, I have never had a complaint on pigmentation with any previous eye shadows. I ended up returning this and buying a couple of the NYX 10 pan palettes instead. I am much happier with the NYX.