Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette

Filtered by hair type : Other
Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette
Violet Eye from Stila Color Wheel look bookSome swatches from the Stila Color WheelMore swatches from Stila Color Wheel

on 5/1/2011 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I received this palette as a Christmas gift, and honestly I wouldn't have picked it up otherwise. I'm not a huge fan on Stila's eyeshadows in the first place but when I received it I received it with an open mind. First gripe is the size, which for me is too big and cumbersome. I would have preferred it smaller, to me my coastal scents 88 palette was a little too big for my taste and this palette is bigger than that! The brushes included are awful but it didn't really matter to me since I rarely use brushes included with products anyway. Now the shadows themselves vary, a lot of them are really powdery , chalky and cause a lot of fall out however there are some that are nice. But the inconsistency to me is a big turn off because it makes too many of the shadows difficult to work with. Also the pigmentation is nothin likening they appear in the look book, even with a primer and even If they are foiled. Talk about false advertising. I recently tried doing the pink look and I found the darker and middle pink (which caused a lot of fall out) just blended together but in a blah way not the way u want them to blend. In the book, each color is blended but u can see their presence, in real life it just wasn't that nice. These shadows are just very weak, even the black which looks more greenish black to me is just so chalky and lacking color. -____- I would not recommend this or repurchase. U can get an 88 palette for around the same price with more colors and better color pay off. If i hadn't received this as a gift i would've returned it. -__-

on 1/7/2011 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color wheel is amazing. I love all the colors and the little book that comes inside. I am always looking for new ideas for putting on makeup and this lays it out very easily. The colors could be a little more pigmented, but with a great primer/base they should be fine. Also, you can't beat the price.

on 11/17/2010 11:04:00 PM

Normally I wouldn't buy a palette with many different colors since I love berry, reds, wines, and beiges on my deep brown eyes, but I was pleasantly surprised when opening the palette that the colors while colorful are muted (for instance the greens are greyish green) and very wearable. Out of all of the colors there might be one and its one of the tinier ones that I probably won't wear and its a bright aqua. The pigment is great. I barely have to touch my brush to the color to get the right amount. People have complained in the past of stila colors being soft with alot of fall-out and I don't have that problem at all. If you dig your brushes into the color of course you will end up with too much shadow, thus fallout. Just as putting on shadow it should be patted on the lid instead of swiped. Pat your brush on the palette and you will get pigment without making a mess. This is not a tiny palette at all, they give you your moneys worth! It looks pretty sitting in the front of my large palette organizer too. All in all I have no regrets about this purchase and am happy that I did. In fact I am planning on picking up a few more for my sister and closest friends, they will love it!