Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette
Violet Eye from Stila Color Wheel look bookSome swatches from the Stila Color WheelMore swatches from Stila Color Wheel

2.5

on 1/26/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I usually purchase eye shadows in neutral tones but I wanted to branch a bit. I liked this palette in the store because it has a wide variety of colors but they are all still muted. I have very pale skin so I thought the muted tones would be easy to play with. The colors are gorgeous in the pans but they dont translate onto skin. I swatched several of the colors when I got home and the color pay-off was horrible. Being as pale as I am, I have never had a complaint on pigmentation with any previous eye shadows. I ended up returning this and buying a couple of the NYX 10 pan palettes instead. I am much happier with the NYX.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Eh...I'm a little on the fence with Stila on this one, primarily because the color payoff for these shadows is nothing close to how they appear in the booklet that comes with it. Personally, I don't even mind that too much because it means that some of the more dramatic looks that would usually intimidate me end up looking softer and more wearable, but it's still a bit dishonest. The fallout on these shadows is quite annoying, too; they're extremely powdery and soft. Also, I was disappointed to find that the book includes only twelve looks. Despite all these grievances, though, I will say I rather like this palette, if only because I use most of the colors in their own right and don't pay much attention to the book anymore. For the price, this is a decent palette if you're just looking for a variety of nice colors.