Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette
Violet Eye from Stila Color Wheel look bookSome swatches from the Stila Color WheelMore swatches from Stila Color Wheel

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

i find myself disappointed in this palette, which is sad. stila always has these super soft, creamy, almost buttery eyeshadows that are a dream to apply. these, on the otherhand, are stuff & somewhat chalky. you get a nice amount of colours, so it is beneficial to have in the aspect. but in general, this palette just didn't wow me at all.

on 2/1/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product wasn't what I expected, but it has turned out to be my favorite palette in modern memory.

I thought the palette would be smaller - say, 4"x4", not 8"x8". I bought it for my gym locker in which it does not fit well because of the enormous size. On day 1, I busted the palette's hinge when it tumbled out of my locker.

But.. there were lovely surprises about the palette. I expected to use the colors freehand, but trying the looks in the book has been fun. So far every look has really complimented my brown eyes in a way that is slightly different than I would come up with on my own.

Some complain that the colors are unpigmented, but I think they are the perfect pigmentation for me - I am fair and use before heading back to work in an office on my lunch break. I love how the whole range of colors - including teal - can be worn back to the office, which would not be the case if the shadows were much more pigmented. The book instructs one to use a wet brush for more pigmentation and that has certainly worked for me. I don't have eyeshadow primer at the gym and the colors stay really well into the evening.

I think this is a great value for those of you who aren't going for a shocking look.

on 1/26/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I usually purchase eye shadows in neutral tones but I wanted to branch a bit. I liked this palette in the store because it has a wide variety of colors but they are all still muted. I have very pale skin so I thought the muted tones would be easy to play with. The colors are gorgeous in the pans but they donít translate onto skin. I swatched several of the colors when I got home and the color pay-off was horrible. Being as pale as I am, I have never had a complaint on pigmentation with any previous eye shadows. I ended up returning this and buying a couple of the NYX 10 pan palettes instead. I am much happier with the NYX.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Eh...I'm a little on the fence with Stila on this one, primarily because the color payoff for these shadows is nothing close to how they appear in the booklet that comes with it. Personally, I don't even mind that too much because it means that some of the more dramatic looks that would usually intimidate me end up looking softer and more wearable, but it's still a bit dishonest. The fallout on these shadows is quite annoying, too; they're extremely powdery and soft. Also, I was disappointed to find that the book includes only twelve looks. Despite all these grievances, though, I will say I rather like this palette, if only because I use most of the colors in their own right and don't pay much attention to the book anymore. For the price, this is a decent palette if you're just looking for a variety of nice colors.

on 12/31/2010 12:36:00 PM

So I read all the other comments and I have to disagree a little. I was excited when I saw this because it is a great taste in different colors. And I am a huge fan of Stila because they aren't as over the top as Mac but they still use bright colors. I was a little disappointed in look book that came with it. It showed you these great looks and when you try to achieve them it looks nothing like what they show. Also they don't recommend what type of primmer to use. I normally use Mac's concealer but even applying the eyeshadows over top of that they didnt turn out vibrant and bright at all, they turned out very dull and almost compared to something I would expect a younger girl starting off wearing. What I ended up doing was applying my concealer and then applying a paint pot color, very close to my skin tone color, and then applying the eye shadows. You have to really apply the colors in at least 2 layers to get the color shown in the palette. The other thing that I recommend is if your going to use these colors wet they will crease... so try not to use them wet near your crease.

Overall I would not recommend this palette to anyone who is looking to achieve dramatic looks or any look that isnt light looking. I also used all Stila brushes and the colors didn't go on nearly as good as when I used my Mac brushes.

This was my very first Stila eyeshadow purchase, and I'm glad I gave them a try! The eyeshadows are not quite as pigmented as some others I've tried, but I have gotten so many compliments wearing some of the color combinations in this set. My absolute favorite is the teal. I uploaded some pictures of swatches from this set, and as you can see, they are pigmented enough. I didn't put an eye primer with those either so they would be much darker with a primer or even if you used a wet brush. This palette is pretty large - I believe about 8 inches on each sides. The only thing that would make this better would be if the brushes were not so bad. Seriously, the brushes are like kid sized and of poor quality - but really, who cares? Get this if you're new to make-up, or even if you're not. This gives you great color combination, a pretty good color pay off and pigmentation, and a little "look book" to show you how to use each eye shadow!

Top Rated Eye Shadow