Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette

Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette
Violet Eye from Stila Color Wheel look bookSome swatches from the Stila Color WheelMore swatches from Stila Color Wheel

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I loooove this palette. I like the concept of a color wheel, as I like to use the color wheel concept in applying makeup to best complement my bluish-greenish-grayish eyes. So depending on what color I would like my eyes to appear that day, I will use the shadow opposite the color of my eyes for that day.

Anyway, this product is wonderful. The shadows are good quality and soft. I can even use just my fingers--rather than a brush--to apply these shadows. I like how they are not too pigmented, but can be built upon, depending on if you are going to be in classes all day; or the gym; or a night out with friends or a date.

The lasting power on these is great--at least 8 hrs with the TFEI as a base.

I especially love the medium mauve-ish color; and the lightest nude color. I like to put the latter on my lid; and the former in the crease. Beautiful, and not eyeliner needed for a gorgeous natural look!

on 2/1/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product wasn't what I expected, but it has turned out to be my favorite palette in modern memory.

I thought the palette would be smaller - say, 4"x4", not 8"x8". I bought it for my gym locker in which it does not fit well because of the enormous size. On day 1, I busted the palette's hinge when it tumbled out of my locker.

But.. there were lovely surprises about the palette. I expected to use the colors freehand, but trying the looks in the book has been fun. So far every look has really complimented my brown eyes in a way that is slightly different than I would come up with on my own.

Some complain that the colors are unpigmented, but I think they are the perfect pigmentation for me - I am fair and use before heading back to work in an office on my lunch break. I love how the whole range of colors - including teal - can be worn back to the office, which would not be the case if the shadows were much more pigmented. The book instructs one to use a wet brush for more pigmentation and that has certainly worked for me. I don't have eyeshadow primer at the gym and the colors stay really well into the evening.

I think this is a great value for those of you who aren't going for a shocking look.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As far as eyeshadows go I'm a stila fan. When buying single pallets I tend to buy in the same color family. This seemed like a good opportunity to experiment with different colors so I don't mind that some of the colors are in small quantities. I used just about every color in the pallet now and I have to tell you the color payoff is great. All the colors are very wearable, even the brighter ones. They are not as bright as they look in the pallet. I don't have a problem with fallout with stila products. I always tap my brush into the pallets and tap onto the eyelid. I find you get the most concentrated color when applied this way. The packaging is nice and the pallet itself is a nice size. It is not transportable though, which is okay with me. I use a primer so the color lasts literally all day. That is what I really love about stila eyeshadows. The price of this pallet is very affordable given all the colors you get. I'd love to see a lip pallet llike this. One last thing, these shadows are great when foiled too.

on 11/17/2010 11:04:00 PM

Normally I wouldn't buy a palette with many different colors since I love berry, reds, wines, and beiges on my deep brown eyes, but I was pleasantly surprised when opening the palette that the colors while colorful are muted (for instance the greens are greyish green) and very wearable. Out of all of the colors there might be one and its one of the tinier ones that I probably won't wear and its a bright aqua. The pigment is great. I barely have to touch my brush to the color to get the right amount. People have complained in the past of stila colors being soft with alot of fall-out and I don't have that problem at all. If you dig your brushes into the color of course you will end up with too much shadow, thus fallout. Just as putting on shadow it should be patted on the lid instead of swiped. Pat your brush on the palette and you will get pigment without making a mess. This is not a tiny palette at all, they give you your moneys worth! It looks pretty sitting in the front of my large palette organizer too. All in all I have no regrets about this purchase and am happy that I did. In fact I am planning on picking up a few more for my sister and closest friends, they will love it!

on 3/17/2012 10:05:00 AM

I'm late on reviewing this palette coz I didn't plan to buy it while it's hot and expensive. I always wait for sales since I have too much makeup and nothing about this palette was a must-have for me when it came out. I got lucky to find a seller online who sold it for $20, shipping included. The packaging could have been smaller for travelling, but the design is really awesome. Though I'm not a fan of the shiny black, scratch & fingerprint prone plastic case for this. It can really look dirty and messy once you start playing with the shadows. For the eyeshadows, the colors are soft in finish, satiny feel and surprisingly pigmented on my lids over ELF Primer. I agree with the reviews that this palette would be perfect for young and beginners on makeup, BUT it's also very usable for women like me who would like the soft look. I can build-up the colors and I love how blendable they are. Using dense brush will make the colors show more. Overall, I like it and I didn't regret including it in my collection.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this palate I find myself going back to it again and again. There is also a get the look app!

on 1/7/2011 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This color wheel is amazing. I love all the colors and the little book that comes inside. I am always looking for new ideas for putting on makeup and this lays it out very easily. The colors could be a little more pigmented, but with a great primer/base they should be fine. Also, you can't beat the price.

This was my very first Stila eyeshadow purchase, and I'm glad I gave them a try! The eyeshadows are not quite as pigmented as some others I've tried, but I have gotten so many compliments wearing some of the color combinations in this set. My absolute favorite is the teal. I uploaded some pictures of swatches from this set, and as you can see, they are pigmented enough. I didn't put an eye primer with those either so they would be much darker with a primer or even if you used a wet brush. This palette is pretty large - I believe about 8 inches on each sides. The only thing that would make this better would be if the brushes were not so bad. Seriously, the brushes are like kid sized and of poor quality - but really, who cares? Get this if you're new to make-up, or even if you're not. This gives you great color combination, a pretty good color pay off and pigmentation, and a little "look book" to show you how to use each eye shadow!

on 5/16/2011 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Stila Colour wheel as I'm really tempted with the colour range and it's offer at cheap prices (with quite big packaging and colour ranges) . I'm quite disappointed with this product. The colour of the eyeshadow not pigmented enough, if you're not using any eyeshadow base or primer, some of the colours will look almost the same. Also the colour tend to fade away at the end of the day.

on 5/1/2011 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I received this palette as a Christmas gift, and honestly I wouldn't have picked it up otherwise. I'm not a huge fan on Stila's eyeshadows in the first place but when I received it I received it with an open mind. First gripe is the size, which for me is too big and cumbersome. I would have preferred it smaller, to me my coastal scents 88 palette was a little too big for my taste and this palette is bigger than that! The brushes included are awful but it didn't really matter to me since I rarely use brushes included with products anyway. Now the shadows themselves vary, a lot of them are really powdery , chalky and cause a lot of fall out however there are some that are nice. But the inconsistency to me is a big turn off because it makes too many of the shadows difficult to work with. Also the pigmentation is nothin likening they appear in the look book, even with a primer and even If they are foiled. Talk about false advertising. I recently tried doing the pink look and I found the darker and middle pink (which caused a lot of fall out) just blended together but in a blah way not the way u want them to blend. In the book, each color is blended but u can see their presence, in real life it just wasn't that nice. These shadows are just very weak, even the black which looks more greenish black to me is just so chalky and lacking color. -____- I would not recommend this or repurchase. U can get an 88 palette for around the same price with more colors and better color pay off. If i hadn't received this as a gift i would've returned it. -__-