Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette

Filtered by age: 44-55
Stila color wheel eyeshadow palette
Violet Eye from Stila Color Wheel look bookSome swatches from the Stila Color WheelMore swatches from Stila Color Wheel

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As far as eyeshadows go I'm a stila fan. When buying single pallets I tend to buy in the same color family. This seemed like a good opportunity to experiment with different colors so I don't mind that some of the colors are in small quantities. I used just about every color in the pallet now and I have to tell you the color payoff is great. All the colors are very wearable, even the brighter ones. They are not as bright as they look in the pallet. I don't have a problem with fallout with stila products. I always tap my brush into the pallets and tap onto the eyelid. I find you get the most concentrated color when applied this way. The packaging is nice and the pallet itself is a nice size. It is not transportable though, which is okay with me. I use a primer so the color lasts literally all day. That is what I really love about stila eyeshadows. The price of this pallet is very affordable given all the colors you get. I'd love to see a lip pallet llike this. One last thing, these shadows are great when foiled too.

on 11/17/2010 11:04:00 PM

Normally I wouldn't buy a palette with many different colors since I love berry, reds, wines, and beiges on my deep brown eyes, but I was pleasantly surprised when opening the palette that the colors while colorful are muted (for instance the greens are greyish green) and very wearable. Out of all of the colors there might be one and its one of the tinier ones that I probably won't wear and its a bright aqua. The pigment is great. I barely have to touch my brush to the color to get the right amount. People have complained in the past of stila colors being soft with alot of fall-out and I don't have that problem at all. If you dig your brushes into the color of course you will end up with too much shadow, thus fallout. Just as putting on shadow it should be patted on the lid instead of swiped. Pat your brush on the palette and you will get pigment without making a mess. This is not a tiny palette at all, they give you your moneys worth! It looks pretty sitting in the front of my large palette organizer too. All in all I have no regrets about this purchase and am happy that I did. In fact I am planning on picking up a few more for my sister and closest friends, they will love it!