MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Golden Bronze

MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Golden Bronze

4.7

on 11/17/2011 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I agree this can be really orange and too dark if you over-apply (I'm NC40-42) BUT I have found so many uses for it to make up that I'm more than pleased.

I get really tan in summer so this would be a perfect bronzer. For now I dab a bit with my studio sculpt foundation and it gives me a nice shimmery glow. I mix it with body lotion to make my shoulders look sun-kissed and glowy. And I use it really lightly now as a bronzer.

This way I can use just one foundation and save oodles instead of splashing out on two foundations - one for day and a shimmery one for night.

EDIT: Erm, I am legit here in 2018 using this same bronzer/highlighter. I know there are serious hygiene issues but this bronzer is still kicking ass! I think MAC actually brought this back in August 2018 so you know what to do. Get some!

on 2/10/2011 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

AMAZING highlighter. I love this and I use it everday to get my cheeks glowy and highlighted. It's really shimmery and you only need a little bit. It lasts so long, i've had mine for like 8 months and I still have so much more! I've even spilled it quite a few times and it's still full. I love this. Usually I think MAC is overrated, but you can't find anything like this!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Great as a highlight for tan skintones!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I doubt I will have to rebuy for a long time, because this is soo versatile. I am def ready for summer. But I can find myself using this even when its not summer. The MA that sold it to me said I could use it on my eyes, mix it with lotion and rub it onto my skin for instant glow. Omg why did I overlook this all this time and just bought regular bronzer from mac when I could've gotten it in loose form for just one more buck? I do love my golden, but I don't think I have to look any further now! Looks great with eversun, I can imagine this looks good with gingerly and trace gold. get it!

EDIT: Apply it the right way it could look like dirt got onto your face, so just take a small amount and just build. I've gotta try this with my new addition to bronzers, the MSF natural in DEEP Dark (for that jlo bronzy goddess look). Eek! My bronzing collection keeps building more and more I could never get enough! =) I will update whenever I do try to pair those two together.

on 2/19/2006 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Description: (Golden brown with golden bronze shimmer) This comes in a large tub with a sifter and is very finely milled.

Good? I loooove this color as an eyeshadow! It is gorgeous! A golden bronze color with multicolored iridescence, very finely milled (much moreso than MAC pigments), easy to blend, just really, really pretty! A perfect shimmery natural color that brightens up the face. I can see it adding a nice glow if you mix a little into foundation, and I could also see it adding a gorgeous gold tint to lips! I actually think this product would be best as a pigment instead of a loose powder. As a body powder it would probably work, and, for photography, or for more dramatic effects this would be a nice face powder.

Bad? So much of the product comes to the top of the sifter and won't sift back down! How annoying! Also as a face powder I find it way too shimmery for a normal day look, as a blush, bronzer, or even a highlight, unless maybe I apply it so that the brush barely barely touches my face. Like I said before probably best for more dramatic effects if used on face. continued >>

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this! It comes in a big 12g/0.42oz pot. I hate glittery products where you can feel and see the sparkly/shimmery bits, so this is perfect because the iridescent powder is just that - powder. It gives a sun-kissed glow on your face and can also be used on decollatage, legs etc. Definitely repurchase when it runs out. Still have more than half to go yet, lol.