MAC Iridescent Powder - Golden Bronze

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

4.6

on 10/17/2013 5:58:00 PM

Love, love, LOVE this! It's an incredibly silky micro shimmery loose powder I recently tried at the MAC counter at the SA's recommendation, even though I wasn't even looking for a loose bronzing highlighting powder. I have all the Bobbi shimmer bricks and NARS highlighting multiples as well as tons of shimmery bronzer compacts. This is a pale golden bronze (hence the name)powder that looks amazing as a highlighter. I wouldn't recommend it for all over use by day but by night I'm sure you could lightly use it all over as a finishing powder. I'm sure it can be diluted down by adding your usual non-shimmer finishing powder to it and then be suitable for day wear. I use this on the tops of my cheekbones when I'm wearing a bronzey golden look. It really complements any bronzed look and I can see this looking incredible all over the lid for a sheer wash or as a base with contour etc.
You get a ton of product for the price but the container doesn't lend itself to travel unless you pour some into a smaller container for your bag. I apply is with the MAC 138 which is a large contoured face brush that I also love especially since there are no others like it IMO.
I can also see this making an amazing golden lip if you mixed it with clear gloss.
Next time you're at MAC, definitely give this a try.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've had this for about 4 years and I still have a ton of product. I don't use it as often as I used to but it's amazing; I'll probably have it for another 4 years because the amount of product you need to use when applying is so minimal. I love the glow it gives tan/dark skin; just beautiful. This isn't glittery and all.

on 6/30/2011 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

This would definitely have been one of the best investments I've made had I bought the full size product. This is packed with pigmentation and boasts a beautiful, radiant glow once applied to the face! As I have dry skin, applying powder to my skin increases the chance of obvious dry patches, so I have to be very careful when applying! As I only have a sample of this and was unsure if I should purchase the full size product, I can't speak much on the packaging, but it's good because it has sifter holes so you pick up less product. As previously stated the pigmentation is intense so maybe applying less is more... this is definitely one of my future purchases from MAC!

on 11/8/2010 5:52:00 PM

This is a pretty powder but I really never use it. Its soooo shimmery and pigmented that I look ridiculous wearing it on my NC25 skin. Too shiny. I don't think I'm applying too much either. I would not recommended as a bronzer. I don't know what you use it for....I must just be too pale. We put it on my friend for Halloween cuz she was going as Snooki LOL

on 7/21/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This was one of my fist MAC purchases years ago when I was just branching into more expensive makeup. I love this on my temples and as a highlight on my cheekbones. Like all loose powders, this is very messy. I apply with a powder brush as that makes placement a little less precise. Love it for the nighttime and on my NW45 skintone, it is beautiful. I would buy this again, but I don't think I'll ever use enough of it to need to. Also, I'm sorta over the loose powders as there is no way too keep product below the sifter after it is opened. I'd just get a MSF to get the same effect.

on 6/16/2009 9:58:00 AM

i must say this is def one of my fav mac products that i have ever purchased!!! i use it right on my cheekbones and it defines them and adds the shine right where i need it to be. and when the sun beams down on it...GORGEOUS!!! it has goldish slightly metallic undertones in and. its not all glittery like most bronzers. it just provides the most amazing sheen ever. it looks beautiful on medium to darker skin tones. i adore GOLDEN BRONZE. it closely resembles the sheertone shimmer blush OTHER WORLDLY (limited edition). but i loooooves it!!!

on 6/2/2009 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product is the bizness! I have yet to use it as a actual bronzer or highlighter for my face but i love this to death when i put it on my collar bone, btwn my chest, and on my legs and arms so beautiful, gives skin this gorgeous bronzy glow. What i don't understand is how i made it thru my life without it for so long, i also add hawaiian tropic sun tanning oil first then let that sink in and apply this on top and i look like i go on vacation all day every day. When i go to the beach, i think i will use this for my cheeks as i like the golden bunny look for that type of thing, other than that i'll stick with this for my skin and ambering rose blush which i loooove to the upmost for my glowy cheeks.

on 3/10/2009 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I bought this maybe 4 years ago. I would have to say after spilling some out I still have 75% available. It lasts a lifetime, can be used all over, eyes, lips face and body. Can be put in lotions, lipgloss, and pressed like a pigment for eyeshadow purposes.

I must say a teeny tiny amount goes a far way so don't over do it. I love the product and use it mostly in summertime.

i love versatile makeup items, and this bronzer is no exception. i use this as a eyeshadow pigment, as well as a bronzer/highlighter on my face. PLEASE don't pack it on if you're using this as a bronzer or highlighter. you don't want to look like a burnt disco ball. the price is somewhat steep (i paid around 22 dollars, including tax), but mac gives us gals a generous amount of this stuff, so a jar lasts forever!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This will last me forever. At first, I thought it had too much shimmer. I was looking for one with subtle shimmer. But when I tried it on, it was perfect. I use just a tiny bit on my cheeks, nose, forehead and chin to give me that just tanned look. I'd say it stays on for maybe half the day and I touch up maybe in the evening if I use it.
I love this loose bronzer!