MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Golden Bronze

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Golden Bronze

4.4

on 11/8/2010 5:52:00 PM

This is a pretty powder but I really never use it. Its soooo shimmery and pigmented that I look ridiculous wearing it on my NC25 skin. Too shiny. I don't think I'm applying too much either. I would not recommended as a bronzer. I don't know what you use it for....I must just be too pale. We put it on my friend for Halloween cuz she was going as Snooki LOL

on 4/1/2009 10:30:00 AM

this is a great shimmery bronzer. i think its too much to apply all over the face but it looks great on your cheeks especially if your tanned to begin with (im NC35). i mainly use it for my cheeks and sometimes when i go out at night i'll mix it with a little lotion and put it on my legs. i've had this for 2 years and i barely put a dent in it. it's $21 a jar and it's totally worth it cause it can last you years. i also have silver dusk which i use in the winter time as a highlighter.

PRESSED FORM (2008):(discontinued) - a very good shimmery bronze powder, delivers a nice glow without beeing too glittery or too red-orange like most bronzers...pigmentation is buildable so you can use it day to night! i bought the pressed form which lasted 3 weeks ...loose form lasts wayyyy longer!

LOOSE FORM (2009): summer i bought the new loose form. the colour of this powder is definitely much more orangey-sunburnt and much more shimmery! but i like it anyway.Looks great on medium and tanned skintones and is ment to be applied with a light hand on cheeks. as with all frosty shimmery products this may enhance any skin irregularities (spots, fine lines, pores).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I doubt I will have to rebuy for a long time, because this is soo versatile. I am def ready for summer. But I can find myself using this even when its not summer. The MA that sold it to me said I could use it on my eyes, mix it with lotion and rub it onto my skin for instant glow. Omg why did I overlook this all this time and just bought regular bronzer from mac when I could've gotten it in loose form for just one more buck? I do love my golden, but I don't think I have to look any further now! Looks great with eversun, I can imagine this looks good with gingerly and trace gold. get it!

EDIT: Apply it the right way it could look like dirt got onto your face, so just take a small amount and just build. I've gotta try this with my new addition to bronzers, the MSF natural in DEEP Dark (for that jlo bronzy goddess look). Eek! My bronzing collection keeps building more and more I could never get enough! =) I will update whenever I do try to pair those two together.

on 5/5/2008 7:32:00 PM

i LOVE this stuff...im not crazy about putting bronzer all over my face, but I noticed this at the MAC counter....my first impression was wow, this stuff is going to be way too dark...but it's actually not. it goes on beautifully! I just put it on my cheeks though to highlight them and it makes SO much of a difference on my face... it's great, it gives that perfect bronzed look..i dont know if i would recommend for an all over face bronze, might be a bit much.

on 4/4/2008 3:38:00 AM

Love this...can't believe I never reviewed it before! A container lasts forever! Use this mainly as my blush gives a nice, "hot" glow on the cheekbones. A makeup artist friend of mine used this for the Lenny Kravitz, "American Woman" video and mixed it with baby oil to put on the girl's bodies. Have tried it myself but it stains your clothes for everyday...mixing it with body lotion seems to work much better for that purpose. Oh it's also pretty as an eyeshadow!

on 3/22/2008 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This thing is perfect for a j lo look.super luminous.belive it or not this is the only blush that I wear.It s so versatile and multi purpose.As a blush,as a bronzer,you can mixed it with your liquid foundation for a super polished look,perfect for the body too,gorgeous texture silk-like,great for all skin types,buildable sheer to super super dramatic finish.Just perfect

on 10/29/2007 4:34:00 PM

Love this! Golden brown/tan with golden bronze shimmer...very loaded with shimmer...use sparingly or it will be overload! I tend to only wear this at night when I go out for some extra sexy bronze goodness! :D

on 3/10/2007 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I tried this powder during a MAC seminar at the Beverly Center Mall. They gave this color to the girls with warm undertones and the silver to the girls with cool. I put it on after I applied my bronzer and loved this stuff. I got a lot oc compliments about my cheeks and I knew it was the bronzer/iridescent powder combination.

I managed to get the old 30 gram jar of this stuff and I love it. My only complaint is that they don't sell it in containers the size of a kiddie pools so I can roll around in it. haha I just like it that much. Its a great highlighter but it also has a certain amount of color to it. Not too much though, as you can still wear it over other blushes as well

on 6/28/2004 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has the same refined texture of Silver Dusk. Golden Bronze describes the color perfectly- it's a light golden bronze that adds just a hint of warmth to the face. I don't recommend it as a bronzer because it's very shimmery and pigmented (it will make you look like a disco ball). A beautiful color and is a must have!