MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Golden Bronze

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Golden Bronze

4.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

A sparkly bronzer for allover but I prefer this on my body because I find this too sparkly for the face. Nice size container at a reasonable price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love love this powder! it can be used in a lot of ways! :) you can use it as a loose eyeshadow, as a shimmery highlighter/bronzer or mixed with baby oil or body lotion and applied to your body for a subltle sunkissed glow.

on 2/19/2006 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Description: (Golden brown with golden bronze shimmer) This comes in a large tub with a sifter and is very finely milled.

Good? I loooove this color as an eyeshadow! It is gorgeous! A golden bronze color with multicolored iridescence, very finely milled (much moreso than MAC pigments), easy to blend, just really, really pretty! A perfect shimmery natural color that brightens up the face. I can see it adding a nice glow if you mix a little into foundation, and I could also see it adding a gorgeous gold tint to lips! I actually think this product would be best as a pigment instead of a loose powder. As a body powder it would probably work, and, for photography, or for more dramatic effects this would be a nice face powder.

Bad? So much of the product comes to the top of the sifter and won't sift back down! How annoying! Also as a face powder I find it way too shimmery for a normal day look, as a blush, bronzer, or even a highlight, unless maybe I apply it so that the brush barely barely touches my face. Like I said before probably best for more dramatic effects if used on face. continued >>

on 4/22/2008 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

WOW! I really can't believe I'd never come across this before. The jar will last FOREVER because you use tiny amounts of it! The color is exactly as described, and its got great staying powder. I can wear this during the winter (when i'm an NC44) as well as in the summer (when i'm an NC45-50). It also looks spectacular when mixed with lotion on bare legs in the summer... SEXY! My new favorite bronzer.

on 5/5/2008 7:32:00 PM

i LOVE this stuff...im not crazy about putting bronzer all over my face, but I noticed this at the MAC counter....my first impression was wow, this stuff is going to be way too dark...but it's actually not. it goes on beautifully! I just put it on my cheeks though to highlight them and it makes SO much of a difference on my face... it's great, it gives that perfect bronzed look..i dont know if i would recommend for an all over face bronze, might be a bit much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I doubt I will have to rebuy for a long time, because this is soo versatile. I am def ready for summer. But I can find myself using this even when its not summer. The MA that sold it to me said I could use it on my eyes, mix it with lotion and rub it onto my skin for instant glow. Omg why did I overlook this all this time and just bought regular bronzer from mac when I could've gotten it in loose form for just one more buck? I do love my golden, but I don't think I have to look any further now! Looks great with eversun, I can imagine this looks good with gingerly and trace gold. get it!

EDIT: Apply it the right way it could look like dirt got onto your face, so just take a small amount and just build. I've gotta try this with my new addition to bronzers, the MSF natural in DEEP Dark (for that jlo bronzy goddess look). Eek! My bronzing collection keeps building more and more I could never get enough! =) I will update whenever I do try to pair those two together.

on 8/17/2008 11:28:00 AM

I can't imagine doing my face without this powder. I won a sample size last September when MAC had some kind of promotion. I have really ivory skin and other bronzers just make me look like I smeared dirt on my face, so when I got stuck with this I mistankingly thought "Great! Another bronzer to make me look dirty!" But, Im convinced I was meant to find this powder. I put over Lancomes discontinued Cosmopolitian Pink blush, and *lightly* sweep this over my cheeks to highlight with a highlighting brush. And this is nothing short of a HG product, and I seriously cannot think of any skin tone it wouldn't flatter. Don't let the intense bronze of this product fool you- its incredible. I think I paid around $25 dollars for it, and I kid you not when I say this will last me years. The itty bitty sample size lasted 6 months!!! Well worth the price.

on 9/16/2009 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This stuff is AMAZING! I am crushing on this big time right now. It adds such lovely peach bronze color to skin with a really pretty iridescent shimmer. It's not glitter chunks but a really fine multi faceted shimmer. It really defines bone structure and highlights your cheekbones. It would work well as a brow highlight as well. I think this should be a staple for everyone who wants a bronze glow. I use it in place of blush or as a highlighter. I use the MAC 129 brush to apply this loose powder and I get the best application. I love this and I will always repurchase! Highly recommended.