MAC Iridescent Powder - Golden Bronze

Filtered by skin type : Other
No Image

4.4

on 10/17/2013 5:58:00 PM

Love, love, LOVE this! It's an incredibly silky micro shimmery loose powder I recently tried at the MAC counter at the SA's recommendation, even though I wasn't even looking for a loose bronzing highlighting powder. I have all the Bobbi shimmer bricks and NARS highlighting multiples as well as tons of shimmery bronzer compacts. This is a pale golden bronze (hence the name)powder that looks amazing as a highlighter. I wouldn't recommend it for all over use by day but by night I'm sure you could lightly use it all over as a finishing powder. I'm sure it can be diluted down by adding your usual non-shimmer finishing powder to it and then be suitable for day wear. I use this on the tops of my cheekbones when I'm wearing a bronzey golden look. It really complements any bronzed look and I can see this looking incredible all over the lid for a sheer wash or as a base with contour etc.
You get a ton of product for the price but the container doesn't lend itself to travel unless you pour some into a smaller container for your bag. I apply is with the MAC 138 which is a large contoured face brush that I also love especially since there are no others like it IMO.
I can also see this making an amazing golden lip if you mixed it with clear gloss.
Next time you're at MAC, definitely give this a try.

on 6/12/2004 8:22:00 PM

This gets a general eh from me. It's OK.

When I dust this powder dry over my GGG skin, I just shine. There's nothing subtle, sexy or glamorous about it. When I dust it on my cheekbones, it emphasizes my pores -- not a look I'm going for. It's OK on my brow bone.

It's a different story when I mix it in my moisturizer. I pump moisturizer into my palm, then tap a bit of the powder into the cream, mix and apply. It leaves my skin with a nice, healthy glow. It's pretty good during the day, but it's especially nice for night time.

I'd recommend getting sample, which will last, rather than getting the full-sized container. continued >>

on 12/20/2003 12:13:00 AM

This is a very nice product... you get a huge amount for the price and it serves a lot of purposes (makes a gorgeous eyeshadow). As much as I like it, I had to dock one lipstick from its score because it can be a little over-the-top... the color is nice and warm, but the pigmentation is so strong that this is something that you have to dilute with other powders to use on your face. Still, the texture is great... really enjoy it.

Beautiful sexy sheer glimmer/shimmer similar to Silver Dusk. It doesn't look "natural" but it looks "right", glowing, when dusted on your body. Very glam on your face. Warm golden color with tanned undertones. It looks wonderful even on pale skin. Adheres pretty well all by itself. Very easy to apply.

on 9/7/2002 12:16:00 AM

The way loose powder is packaged throughout the entire cosmetic industry puzzles me. Everytime, I twist open the cap only to find half of the contents on top of the sifter.
However, aside from the over abundance of product spilling on me, I use this product everyday. I use it in the summer to enhnace my tan, and in the winter to fake it.
Keep in mind, if you are a "PPP" (Pale Porcelain Princess), this could be too pigmented for you.
All the other sun bathers, try mixing it with baby oil and smoothing it on shoulders, chest, legs, etc.
This is a fabulous shimmery, bronzing powder that lasts and looks amazing.