MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder - Golden Bronze

No Image

4.6

on 11/8/2010 5:52:00 PM

This is a pretty powder but I really never use it. Its soooo shimmery and pigmented that I look ridiculous wearing it on my NC25 skin. Too shiny. I don't think I'm applying too much either. I would not recommended as a bronzer. I don't know what you use it for....I must just be too pale. We put it on my friend for Halloween cuz she was going as Snooki LOL

This powder is gorgeous. I love to use it as e/s and my fave -- mixed with body lotion for body, etc. It's not orange, red, etc. Just a pretty bronze with hints of gold. I'm giving it 3lippies because I don't use it that often and loose powders in general are a pain to use.

This is so pretty and versatile. However, I wish I had less because I will never finish it! so when it asks if I would buy this product again, probably not because of that factor! It gives a pretty shimmery glow to your cheeks that looks bronzed. really pretty!

on 6/12/2004 8:22:00 PM

This gets a general eh from me. It's OK.

When I dust this powder dry over my GGG skin, I just shine. There's nothing subtle, sexy or glamorous about it. When I dust it on my cheekbones, it emphasizes my pores -- not a look I'm going for. It's OK on my brow bone.

It's a different story when I mix it in my moisturizer. I pump moisturizer into my palm, then tap a bit of the powder into the cream, mix and apply. It leaves my skin with a nice, healthy glow. It's pretty good during the day, but it's especially nice for night time.

I'd recommend getting sample, which will last, rather than getting the full-sized container. continued >>

on 11/17/2011 6:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I agree this can be really orange and too dark if you over-apply (I'm NC40-42) BUT I have found so many uses for it to make up that I'm more than pleased.

I get really tan in summer so this would be a perfect bronzer. For now I dab a bit with my studio sculpt foundation and it gives me a nice shimmery glow. I mix it with body lotion to make my shoulders look sun-kissed and glowy. And I use it really lightly now as a bronzer.

This way I can use just one foundation and save oodles instead of splashing out on two foundations - one for day and a shimmery one for night.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really pretty highlight for tan skin. I sometimes use this as eyeshadow, but it's usually used on my cheeks, forehead and the bridge of my nose for a glowy effect. The only thing about this is you only need a little bit, because if you use to much you might end up looking like a golden disco ball.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This powder is gorgeous. It's a peachy bronze with a ton of gold shimmer. And when I say a ton I mean the shimmer is very, very concentrated. If you use too much you will end up looking like C-3PO (this can be avoided.) Use a light hand with this you will be left with a gorgeous sunkissed glow.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

this product is beautiful! i have medium olive skin with golden undertones. I love how this iridescent powder gives me an ethereal glow. i apply this loose powder to my cheekbones (not too high) and it gives them a shimmer without being too overpowering like some frosty highlighters. Even though there is shimmer in this product, it also adds a slight bit of color, acting kind of like a bronzer. I don't use this all over my face because it would be too shiny, but a little on the cheekbones is gorgeous. There is a huge amount of product in the jar, so it will last a long time. The sales agent said she uses it on her legs when she goes out on weekends. My only complaint is that the packaging has a flaw... the sifter in the jar allows too much powder to pass through it, especially when traveling. I remedied this by putting some tape down to cover the holes in the sifter, leaving only 2 holes open. Other than that, this is an awesome product and I'm glad I discovered it. Love.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my first loose bronzing powder. I am an NW35 and this should be applied moderately. It is very shimmery and should not be applied to the whole face. I use it very very lightly on my cheeks and neck. This would be great for a night out.

on 4/1/2009 10:30:00 AM

this is a great shimmery bronzer. i think its too much to apply all over the face but it looks great on your cheeks especially if your tanned to begin with (im NC35). i mainly use it for my cheeks and sometimes when i go out at night i'll mix it with a little lotion and put it on my legs. i've had this for 2 years and i barely put a dent in it. it's $21 a jar and it's totally worth it cause it can last you years. i also have silver dusk which i use in the winter time as a highlighter.